Newbie advice on buying this 306? Details/pics inside

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie advice on buying this 306? Details/pics inside
As per my other posts, I'm looking for a 3 door ph1 in black, ideally. Alternatively, any 3 door in black, and maybe I'll do a ph1 conversion on it.

I've found this, very local to me. I'd like to know your thoughts on this (Good/bad price? Good/bad car? etc)

[Image: kRCrzFX.jpg]

[Image: 8Lqgxfl.jpg]

[Image: mXmPAjB.jpg]

MOT till July
140k miles
Needs new locks (will be fixed)
Clutch a bit heavy
The guy has priced it at £300.

Can you guys tell, is this the HDI D Turbo model? From my extremely limited knowledge, I don't believe this is the D Turbo trim level (non colour coded bumpers, no rear spoiler, etc?) The guy says it is turbo diesel though. He's finding logbook later to verify trim level.

I'm asking specifically about D Turbo trim, as I don't know if the non D-Turbo's turbo diesels have less power? Or is it just a trim level, but with the same engine?

Any advice welcome! It could be a good base for me to start with, to convert to a Ph1 styled car - maybe? Rofl
Thanks given by:
Thats a phase two so wont have color coded bumper strips etc. It will not be a hdi either it will be an xud. Check the n\s\r inner arch for rust before you buy. Anything else can be fixed for fairly cheap.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
DTurbo is just a trim level. None of the diesels have any power as standard, 90bhp, yawn... That isn't a HDi though, it's an XUD.

Being a phase 2 there probably won't be a NSR arch liner and it'll be properly rotten up there by now. Just don't let anyone sit in the NSR seat and you'll be fine.
Thanks given by:
according to the mot history site it says its a diesel turbo maybe on a lucas or bosch pump i guess so both can be tuned well it looks by the mot history this car has had some work done in the past including some welding where they all go athough does not mention rear arch! its a good price to be fair
https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
Thanks given by:
£300 is absolute top money imho there.

Least valuable phase and bogo std spec by the looks
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2015, 11:47 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Thats a phase two so wont have color coded bumper strips etc. It will not be a hdi either it will be an xud. Check the n\s\r inner arch for rust before you buy. Anything else can be fixed for fairly cheap.
Ah, ok cool! 

So as long as this is the turbo'd XUD engine, then its the exact same engine/power output as the D-Turbo trim? 

Does the D-Turbo models have any other mods or changes from standard (apart from exterior styling), eg suspension, brakes, etc? Or is everything the same?

I'm only asking about D-Turbo's a lot as I love the Ph1 D-Turbo styling. I want to replicate that onto this car, perhaps! I may go check this car out next few days, thanks for advice on rust on inner arch!

(18-11-2015, 11:51 AM)vincent1 Wrote: according to the mot history site it says its a diesel turbo maybe on a lucas or bosch pump i guess so both can be tuned well it looks by the mot history this car has had some work done in the past including some welding where they all go athough does not mention rear arch! its a good price to be fair
https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
I didn't know you could do that via the GOV website! Fantastic, thanks!!
Thanks given by:
In ph3 DTurbo trim has the same suspension as the GTi6, a boot spoiler (rest of the bodykit is the same across the trims), with cloth sports seats and a horrible rubber steering wheel.

In ph1 DTurbo you get different bumpers from pov spec models as well.
Thanks given by:
That's a ph2 on an R reg so can't be a HDi, beam looks straight from the pics so that's a bloody good start but there is some crappy mods on there and they are the sort that are usually fitted by morons so you have got to wonder what else the moron has been fiddling with.

It's got crystals but i'd bet it doesn't have the right light stalk to make them work properly.

Don't worry about the heavy clutch and £300 with MOT till July is a good price, try and haggle for £250 though.
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2015, 12:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: That's a ph2 on an R reg so can't be a HDi, beam looks straight from the pics so that's a bloody good start but there is some crappy mods on there and they are the sort that are usually fitted by morons so you have got to wonder what else the moron has been fiddling with.

It's got crystals but i'd bet it doesn't have the right light stalk to make them work properly.

Don't worry about the heavy clutch and £300 with MOT till July is a good price, try and haggle for £250 though.
Great advice, thank you! I also noticed some very crappy mods (those wing mirrors, oh my god). Horrible mods will be burnt at the quickest convenience, don't worry!

I may go to look at the car on the weekend, I'll go in with £250 & won't back off - see how it goes!

The guy selling said it has the Ph3 headlight upgrade, but as I said earlier, I'm really interested in making this into a Ph1, so those will be for sale soon, if indeed I do buy it.

Thanks again for all advice! Spot on, helpful forum!!  ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
It is a D-turbo for what its worth, they didn't make 3 door diesels in any other spec, mods do look chavvy though so give it a look over, check that drivers side rear wheel arch too. Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
right lets set this straight.

dturbo in phase 1 and 2 is the 1.9 turbo diesel
dturbo in phase 3 is a spec of the hdi 2.0 turbo diesel with gti suspension.
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2015, 06:29 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: they didn't make 3 door diesels in any other spec

Wrong. You can get 3 door diesels in other specs but they are rare. You could definitely get a 1.9 in the L trim level
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2015, 12:40 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(18-11-2015, 06:29 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: they didn't make 3 door diesels in any other spec

Wrong. You can get 3 door diesels in other specs but they are rare. You could definitely get a 1.9 in the L trim level

We have a 1.9 straight diesel 3 door that comes to my work
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2015, 06:58 PM)Eeyore Wrote: right lets set this straight.

dturbo in phase 1 and 2 is the 1.9 turbo diesel
dturbo in phase 3 is a spec of the hdi 2.0 turbo diesel with gti suspension.

Nope, DTurbo was still only a trim level in the earlier phases. LXDT, XRDT etc are all XUD engined in comfort spec...

(19-11-2015, 12:40 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Not a turbo though... All the 3 doors with a turbo are DTurbo spec. The NADs just confuse things. lol
Thanks given by:
The NADs just confuse things. lol

Aint that the truth.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
cheers Tom Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the replies in here! Ended up not buying this, just came back from looking at it this evening, the car is ready for the scrap yard.

Rust on sill, door locks don't work, windows don't work, 1 headlight works, drivers seat is loose, key barrel is hanging out, windscreen is now smashed (those were old photo's he sent me) and a horrible green bonnet. Ughh!!

Need a car soon and fancy myself a 306! The hunt continues!! Black 3-door phase 1/2/3, if anyone knows of one for sale, let me know! Thanks again everyone Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying a car (write off) advice Chris_90 27 5,061 26-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Stacked the megane! woopsy pics inside, NOW FINISHED! Matt-Rallye 74 11,305 19-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Last Post: toseland
  Buying Advice Please athingofbeauty 48 9,364 16-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Poodle