SC China Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SC China Project
Hi guys new to this forum but Ive been on 306gti6.com for a while now, Thought id pop my project thread up here as well.

Back in February i treated myself to the supercharged 6 below. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Formerly owned by m306 then doof.
m306's project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=139761

[Image: _571_zpsg1oxef7k.jpg]

[Image: _573_zpsne9w5qdl.jpg]

[Image: _12_zpsq84lka0k.jpg]

Since Ive had it Ive only done a few little cosmetic bit.

Fitted:

Front splitter
Black masks by gnrlee
OMP upper strut brace
kenwood head unit
Fusion sub
Replaced the stainless heater control for a black one
All interior lights to white led
sprayed the center console trim but going to be done again
Heko wind deflectors

[Image: DSC_0065_zpssmkafhmq.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0060_zpshvedpqlz.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0100_zpsqfjme23i.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0103_zps11oe3tjk.jpg]
Dark spots are loose lamp holders but this didn't happen immediately and i cant be bother to pull the cloaks out again atm.

[Image: DSC_0102_zps6g8bkqis.jpg]

Then yesterday i made the 6 hour round trip to meet midlife and purchased some goodies from him.
Bought his full 406 330mm brembo set up and his set of 17" OZ Ultralegerra's.

Got the wheels fitted this morning and im liking it. [Image: thumbsup.gif]

[Image: DSC_0109_zpsfrbuuuh3.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0110_zpss2nwx9po.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0112_zpsu8xkcyit.jpg]

Defiantly needs lowing to reduce the arch gap and hopefully i can get the brembo's fitted in the next couple of weeks.

Thats all i can think off for now.

Made some good progress in the last week or so, Got the new discs and bells cleaned up, ive put some VHT lacquer on the bells to they are easy to clean and keep looking shinny.

[Image: DSC_0122_zpsnjz29xba.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0127_zpsyfholokn.jpg]

Also had the wheels redone but don't have any progress pics of that. [Image: doh.gif]

Then today me and a mate got the wheels, brakes and front lowering springs on. The black bolts i got work perfectly and look so much nicer than the old galv ones. [Image: thumbsup.gif]

[Image: DSC_0134_zps8t3epf4j.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0131_zpsjwveto1l.jpg]

Now the springs which were on the car initially were supposedly -25, So i got some -30 which on the listing said a drop of upto -40 which was ideal but they don't seem to look any different know there on. How long do springs take to settle and how much are they likely to drop?

Also took off the chrome badge from the boot and replaced with a red gti badge, im not 100% sure on this, doesn't help the 6 is very faded compared to shinny new gti badge. Anyone know if you can still get the 6 badges anywhere?

[Image: DSC_0135_zpsm5y6l44r.jpg]

Ill put up some better pics tomorrow as we were loosing day light when i took these.

some better piccys in the sun.

[Image: DSC_0136_zpsxm5q1hrz.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0138_zpsnfybcci9.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0139_zpswusasat7.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0140_zpsx4myh1gx.jpg]

Did a little bit more today, Sorted out the dark spots on the clocks and fitted an upper glove box. The intention is to hopefully put a boost gauge in there, temp gauge for the charger and a fuel ratio gauge.

[Image: DSC_0156_zpsup4huxo9.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0157_zpsfyrf1khl.jpg]

Thats everything for now guys.
SC GTI6 - Sold 
1984 Ford Capri - Current Money Pit Rofl

Thanks given by:
Look epic mate

Makes me miss my sc rallye
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
China is so nice...want another china '6 after seeing this. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Looks great mate.
Tbh if the springs are going to settle at all, id expect it to be in the first 24 hours. Dont be too hung up on it being low though. Yeah it may not look the best but function over form IMO Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2015, 08:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: China is so nice...want another china '6 after seeing this. Dodgy

Then you remmber the mpg lmao
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Oh I dont wanna drive one, noisy, uncomfortable, poor mpg... But they do look nice! lmao
Thanks given by:
Cheers boys, Yeah the springs have been on about 7 weeks now and haven't dropped a mm, I'm looking into coilovers now. Will probaly be getting them ordered in the next week or two.
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
Dont bother with coil overs!
Well i say that, it depends what you're after. If you want something that handles really well i would steer away from coil overs. On our roads they just aren't all that. If however you're after a low looking car then they are the way to go.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The car is only for weekend use really and it will be road use 98% of the time, I wont be putting cheap shit on it so there will be adjustment to make it ride nice anyway.
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
So at weekend my under tray finally got finished and got it fitted tonight, Its there primarily to protect intercooler pipes as they have been knocked and scuffed several times.

[Image: DSC_0057_zpsbicbggr7.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0056_zpsfp10i7vx.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0055_zpswwwskee0.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0054_zpsxpg8neol.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0053_zpsllwllcnv.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0147_zpsum5e7rfz.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0148_zps6uxhbczn.jpg]
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
I like the under tray!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I like the under tray! Looks great but more importantly, does it do its job well? and what did you mount it to?
Thanks given by:
Are those boost pipe locations stock for the lynx kit? Look a bit low?
Thanks given by:
Aye typical lynx boost pipes. Quick and easy to install. But bloody horrible.
Thanks given by:
i am liking this! what type of white LEDS did you use?
Thanks given by:
Will
The tray should do its job well, its only there to stop the pipes scraping curbs etc, tbh since its been fitted Ive only driven the car for about an hour total and they don't get knocked all the time anyway, just an extra bit if protection as they were getting dented and scraped.

As for mounting we bolted a piece of angle iron to the frot cross member i guess you would call it (were the rad sits) and then used 3 bolts with crush tubes and washers and at the rear one leg went onto an exiting mount nut and the other side we just drilled a new nut and bolt. You can see the bolts in the pics.

procta
As for the leds i used these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-XENON-HID-...C6KyQLumNA.

Best off getting these as you get new lamp holders as the original ones can come lose and then your bulbs go out, thats why i had dark spots as mentioned, above. For the heater controls there called BAX lamps, they have the metal contacts on the back of the lamp holders, but i can find any to link you to. I think on older models of the 306 there either different or you cant change them but don't quote me on that.
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
So small update, Not done anything to the car recently just getting parts together for a good hit. Then the other night this happened. [Image: doh.gif]

[Image: DSC_0158_zps13ttsmot.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0157_zpsn6cczx8i.jpg]

Now i'm not saying i was driving like christian or anything [Image: whistle.gif] but those poxy parada's have finally bit me in the arse, haven't liked em' ever since i started using them. There pretty crap in any condition tbh.

So now i need a new wheel as i doubt that can be repaired [Image: dunno.gif] and how its holding pressure 48hrs on i don't know,

On the plus side there in no other damage that i can see and nothing else felt a miss while driving after that.

But hey ho, s**t happens could of been alot worse of than one damaged wheel.

So the question is does anyone know the best place to a single wheel the cheapest. i found this place but i haven't emailed them yet. https://www.performancealloys.com/OZ-Rac...heels.aspx

Also i need some tyre recommendations, michalen ps3 have been mentioned before but if there is something better for not alot more its worth knowing.
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
How did you manage that? Bounced off a kerb? I'll be surprised if nothing else got damaged! Tracking will be out at least lol...
Thanks given by:
Should of mentioned that is the back right wheel, went right round and that wheel took a hit from a silly little curb
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
Ah my bad, just assumed it was a front...been so long since owning a 306 I'd forgotten about oversteer. Itwasntme lol

Seriously though, might be worth having 4 wheel alignment checked, could've bent the stub pin with rim damage like that.
Thanks given by:
Right so finally manged to find some time and make some progress, Spent all day up a mate workshop christmas eve fit the goodies that have been littering the boot for weeks [Image: lol.gif]

So i finally got my coilovers fit and tbh im very impressed with them, heard alot of people saye the cheaper gaz stuff was s**t etc but for my usage there gonna be spot on.

[Image: DSC_0169_zpswcivp7ic.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0168_zpscqig3weg.jpg]

While we were at it we swapped the discs round as midlife pointed out i had fitted on the wrong side and changed out the brake fluid for some rbf600.

Also lowered the rear and fitted the new gaz shocks there as well.

[Image: DSC_0175_zpsnmxv4oeg.jpg]

I'll get some side shots of the new ride hight when its been cleaned.

While doing this i noticed the back box was hanging on by a thread so a quick bit of weld, adjust the hanger and good as new. [Image: thumbsup.gif]

[Image: DSC_0177_zpsr5z41gs3.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0181_zps2myci2ad.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0182_zpsduazz72z.jpg]

Other than that not alot to report, Believe it or not a company local to me was able to repair the bust wheel for £70 not bad i thought so thats now going through filling and priming etc.
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
Check you haven't bent the stub axle with that shunt!
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2015, 08:56 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Check you haven't been the stub axle with that shunt!

Wise words! I hit a kurb at 30ish mph and had bent the beam so best get it checked for peace of mind as the slightest damage will be a massive difference to the handling
Thanks given by:
Im surprised that wheel was repairable to be honest but good news for you that it was!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Echo the above tbh, i'd like to understand what they've done to the wheel to repair it given you've bollocked a great chunk out of it!

That's a Miles exhaust no?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
From what i understand they cut a bit more out and then put a whole new bit in place, i haven't got any pics but it looks pretty spot on, also there is a tyre place opposite were it was done and they had tyre put on tested balanced etc and said it was all good.

As for the exhaust i haven't a clue came with the car, cost the bloke about £500 when it was done.
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
What are those white dials? Really like them. Look different to normal led swaps. And what colour is that center console? Av you got a better pic of center console with heater controls and speedo?
Thanks given by:
The dials are a metal monkeys replacement, again they came with the car i just changed the heat control plate and the led to white as the blue look crap. the speedo ones are about £60 and the heater control ones are £20.

The colour is just an ordinary grey dont know what exactly, ive never been happy with it but it probably wont be getting changed now was gonna do same as the wheeels. and sorry i dont have any other pics i could get some tomoz if you really want?

http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/acatalog/Peugeot_306.html
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
So its been a long time since ive updated this and as the car is now for sale i figured it would be a good idea to do so.

[Image: IMG_20160803_175505_zpsqtmr02e8.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160803_175513_zpsawo8zrba.jpg][Image: IMG_20160803_175525_zpsa4laleay.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160803_175539_zps05qy4i37.jpg][url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Ben_Storry/media/306%20gti6/IMG_20160803_175550_zps0ny1ioy0.jpg.html][Image: IMG_20160803_175550_zps0ny1ioy0.jpg][url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Ben_Storry/media/306%20gti6/IMG_20160803_175605_zpszpreccrq.jpg.html][Image: IMG_20160803_175605_zpszpreccrq.jpg][url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Ben_Storry/media/306%20gti6/IMG_20160803_175658_zpsputtkmza.jpg.html][Image: IMG_20160803_175658_zpsputtkmza.jpg][url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Ben_Storry/media/306%20gti6/IMG_20160803_175709_zps2ybb23mt.jpg.html][Image: IMG_20160803_175709_zps2ybb23mt.jpg][url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Ben_Storry/media/306%20gti6/IMG_20160803_175749_zpsmfxefymw.jpg.html][Image: IMG_20160803_175749_zpsmfxefymw.jpg][url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Ben_Storry/media/306%20gti6/IMG_20160803_175755_zpsmket6054.jpg.html][Image: IMG_20160803_175755_zpsmket6054.jpg][url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Ben_Storry/media/306%20gti6/IMG_20160803_175821_zpsd4sl3h9u.jpg.html][Image: IMG_20160803_175821_zpsd4sl3h9u.jpg][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

[/url]

As i can't post in the for sale parts if anyone is interested pm me. Looking for £4.5k ovno

quick run down of stuff:
100163 miles
mot till march next year - will confirm
loads of paper work mots,reciepts,original books etc
330mm rotors with 406 v6 brembos (lots of life left)
Oz Ultralegerra’s 205/40/17 (less than 1k old nangkang as-2 tyres)
Gaz gha coilovers and rears (less than 3k old)
All new lemforder top mounts and bearings
Cam belt and full service done 2k ago
Custom gti6 strut brace
2.5" stainless exhaust (back box repacked)
Uprated lower engine mount
50k upper mount fitted
Alternator just replaced
Depo black masks by gnrlee
Cupra front splitter
Mint phase 1 interior fitted (resistors fitted to airbags)
Metal monkey heater controls and speedo etc
White led’s fitted in interior
Dash air bag removed and glove box fitted
Full gti6 floor matts F
usion sub fitted in boot
Kenwood head unit
New number plates fitted
Smoked side repeaters
Heko wind deflectors
Bonnet badge colour coded to wheels
polished and waxed

If you want to know anything else just ask.
SC GTI6 - Sold 

Thanks given by:
A supercharged 6 Blush Blush Looks epic mate, lovely color and engine bay Blush

That is the ET of the Ultralegerra's ? I wanted to buy some for my S16 but I could only fine ET 46, and had to fit a big spacer and I wasn't happy to do that.

Are you happy with the coils ? Or rather have the B8's ? Because in Portugal the road are pretty much the same as England

Thanks !
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My 1.4 China project!!! Foxy-jim 174 37,924 08-07-2014, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Jukie88
  Tom's China 1.8 Meridian 2014 - Project Deja Vu Toms306 33 8,575 23-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Toms306