Odd engine Noise??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd engine Noise??
Hi guys, 
           I have a wired noise on the engine at about 4000-5000 rpm, its like a ticking noise but dont tick very fast!   this happens only when driving.
Thanks given by:
Er they're not really meant to rev that high, there's no power there anyway in standard tune. Is there anything besides the slow ticking, power drops or anything?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Surely that's a typo? Is the limiter even that high on HDi's?
Thanks given by:
Why are you redlining a hdi?  Confused
Thanks given by:
ive had a remap. i only take it that hi some times like in a bend, where you cant power off,
Thanks given by:
If its only a stage 1 map you're still not making any power up there. Be better to hold the throttle steady if you're worried about LOOS on a fast corner.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, as above. No symptoms besides the noise then?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 12:08 PM)Poodle Wrote: Yeah, as above. No symptoms besides the noise then?

guys,
          i don't rag my car up to 5000 rpm, it was just a figure of speech Smile the ticking come in at about 4200rpm. i do look after my hdi. so i only go to that hi rpm some times.
Thanks given by:
Didn't say you did, just said revving it that high is pointless. Sounds like you've got a guilty conscience? Just teasing btw, don't worry. Wink

I'll ask one last time before getting bored and giving up; are there any other symptoms?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 05:50 PM)Poodle Wrote: Didn't say you did, just said revving it that high is pointless. Sounds like you've got a guilty conscience? Just teasing btw, don't worry. Wink

I'll ask one last time before getting bored and giving up; are there any other symptoms?

hahah  no she runs very well just the ticking  Dodgy
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
Lol ok cool. Tbh all i can think of is excess back-pressure causing lifter issues, although that shouldn't really be a problem on a stage 1. Where's the map from? What exhaust have you got on her?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-07-2015, 01:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: Lol ok cool. Tbh all i can think of is excess back-pressure causing lifter issues, although that shouldn't really be a problem on a stage 1. Where's the map from? What exhaust have you got on her?

hoffmann race centre pipe, hoffmann de-cat pipe, sportex rear tailbox 3" the back box is a free flow. the map i got of my mate, he pays a subscription and gets them for this business 
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
OMG, get yourself to Prosteve or Whippy Wink and those are high revs for in the bends :O
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
this map still cost me £150! and it is a bit smoky lol

just found out where the map is from.

Quantum Tuning Ltd

http://quantumtuning.co.uk/ecu-remap-tuning.aspx

is this bad??
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
I dunno mate, I have a map from SPtuning, its not bad but it is nothing like what the gods of maps can do. People swear by ProSteve and MrWhippy...there's another guy on here but i forget his name sorry, someone will mention him, think he has a J in his name or i could be completely wrong lol
Thanks given by:
i was going to goto ProSteve but hes 80miles away, i think i should off now
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
I think he can send you an ecu thats remapped and unlocked...or you send him yours...cant remember lol Big Grin I'm just a fountain of knowledge, pffff
Thanks given by:
He can do all sorts, he does a discount for members of this club, have a look in the for sale section. And 80 miles is nothing really, especially not in an hdi lol, twenty quid will do both ways. Big Grin

I'd be surprised if it's back pressure with that, not sure what it could be now tbh.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
20 quid for 160 miles, mine dose 256 for 20 quid Smile but i will have to get up to him after i have fitting my FMIC.
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
As mentioned but there are now only 2 mappers around as Mr Whippy is not doing them anymore I was told.

There's Pro Steve at hdi tuning (I have one of his) or jammapic at drevtech. Both guys car either send you the file online for you to upload yourself or you can go down.

I got mine over email as it was cheaper with 306oc discount Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rattling noise from engine shaunturner306 24 5,853 01-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Funny engine noise deggerz 4 1,108 26-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Frosty