rattling noise from engine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rattling noise from engine
My 306 hdi has a rattle when im driving once im over 3000rpm it clears any ideas I have had a few people tell me its my injectors an some saying its my waste gate on my turbo which ive heard is a common fault any ideas what it could be :-)
Thanks given by:
Injectors, just put some 2 stroke your diesel in it'll help quite them down a bit. Nothing wrong with the injector though just a bit noisy
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate I did tink about changing the injectors an putting the ones out off the 307 hdi but I dont no if there coded or not
Thanks given by:
Yep its the injectors ticking if it stops at 3.2k rpm.

The 307 injectors aren't coded to the ECU, but you do need to check the part numbers, 306s are 044, the less ticky ones are 062 and 076 iirc.
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 03:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yep its the injectors ticking if it stops at 3.2k rpm.

The 307 injectors aren't coded to the ECU, but you do need to check the part numbers, 306s are 044, the less ticky ones are 062 and 076 iirc.

What ones do you recomend :-)
Thanks given by:
Definitely injector tick. apparently can be cured by fitting new injector washers and baskets which will cost less than £5.
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 03:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Definitely injector tick. apparently can be cured by fitting new injector washers and baskets which will cost less than £5.

Nice one mate ill give ago when I get my car back :-)
Thanks given by:
Incidentally, anyone who tells you it's wastegate chatter is your classic "bloke in the pub" btw, no such thing as wastegate chatter. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Aren't these injectors a proper pain to get out though? like they just won't come loose
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 05:36 PM)Poodle Wrote: Incidentally, anyone who tells you it's wastegate chatter is your classic "bloke in the pub" btw, no such thing as wastegate chatter. Wink

It was a mechanic who told me lmao :-)
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 05:42 PM)shaunturner306 Wrote:
(01-07-2014, 05:36 PM)Poodle Wrote: Incidentally, anyone who tells you it's wastegate chatter is your classic "bloke in the pub" btw, no such thing as wastegate chatter. Wink

Don't EVER use that person as a mechanic again then.
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 05:46 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(01-07-2014, 05:42 PM)shaunturner306 Wrote:

Don't EVER use that person as a mechanic again then.

I wont he quoted me 60 pound to have my egr blanked an I didnt even get a price for a boost gauge to be fitted an some one else quoted 40 to do both
Thanks given by:
EGR blank is 2 x 10mm nuts and 2x 5mm allen keys to remove the whole system
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 06:10 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: EGR blank is 2 x 10mm nuts and 2x 5mm allen keys to remove the whole system

I brought a blanking plate on ebay cost me 4 pound
Thanks given by:
Where does the blanking plate fit, if its just 1 plate you cant remove the system.
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 06:19 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Where does the blanking plate fit, if its just 1 plate you cant remove the system.

It fits on the vacuum side off the turbo
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 06:10 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: EGR blank is 2 x 10mm nuts and 2x 5mm allen keys to remove the whole system

EGR blank both ends so you can remove the 2kg of metal or is it just the manifold side?

i have a plate in between mine (1mm mild steel) sandwiched between the valve and the unit, and also have the unit disconnected electronically and have taken the vacuum off...
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 06:52 PM)toseland Wrote:

EGR blank both ends so you can remove the 2kg of metal or is it just the manifold side?

i have a plate in between mine (1mm mild steel) sandwiched between the valve and the unit, and also have the unit disconnected electronically and have taken the vacuum off...

I have the plate to go inbetween
Thanks given by:
all that rattling is just the peugeot in your engine btw Big Grin

i was thinking about the actual pipe from the EGR to thhe inlet manifold.. that crappy corrugated thing..
#
case of welding it shut?
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 07:00 PM)toseland Wrote: all that rattling is just the peugeot in your engine btw Big Grin

i was thinking about the actual pipe from the EGR to thhe inlet manifold.. that crappy corrugated thing..
#
case of welding it shut?

Ill get a mechanic to look at it first car so no mechanically minded lol
Thanks given by:
Granted mine is an XUD... so a little simpler,

my engine has sounded like it is about to explode since i have had it.. (thjen it did...)

are you coming to pugfest? i am sure one of the boys (or girls... or maybe even toms306) will take a bashers at it, for nowt
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 07:04 PM)toseland Wrote: Granted mine is an XUD... so a little simpler,

my engine has sounded like it is about to explode since i have had it.. (thjen it did...)

are you coming to pugfest? i am sure one of the boys (or girls... or maybe even toms306) will take a bashers at it, for nowt

I was coming until I got rear ended last week just waiting to here back of my insurance company so I can buy her back
Thanks given by:
Cat C i am assuming?

i got rear ended a year ago..... not a single scratch on mine (towbars are lovely) wrote off a 57plate mercedes A class tho haha
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 07:11 PM)toseland Wrote: Cat C i am assuming?

i got rear ended a year ago..... not a single scratch on mine (towbars are lovely) wrote off a 57plate mercedes A class tho haha

Dontbno yet an mine held up nice just done the bumper bent the exhaust an dent the pannel above the bumper :-( is pugfest aleays at prescott if you go on newbie thread an find mine there is a pic on there
Thanks given by:
You really don't want to try removing the whole system with the engine in place and needing the car as a daily...

I've never had a serious problem getting injectors out, a bit of twisting and a touch of careful prybar had them all out in under half an hour every time.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd engine Noise?? craig306 19 3,789 23-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Last Post: td163
  Funny engine noise deggerz 4 1,109 26-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Frosty