Funny engine noise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny engine noise
This is my dad's 406 hdi I know not a 306 he's just bought it and the guy said it was the ac pump but thinking about it surely the ac pump is free wheeling until engaged what does this sound like to you guys ? Timing belt was replaced 2 years ago along with water pump and tensioners and on the receipt it says pas pump noisy does it sound like the pump to you guys tia matt

406 whining n: http://youtu.be/NsXrAsB-3Dg

It's a hdi 110 btw Smile
Thanks given by:
Private video.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oops Smile set to public Smile
Thanks given by:
Its hard to tell without actually seeing it in person Get a long screwdriver with a metal centre hold against the pump then put your ear to it. You will hear the bearing better then. Compare it against alternator and aircon if its obviously louder then thats your issue. If not its somewhere eelse.hope this helps
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I would poss say bottom pulley giving it. Best thing to do would be to whip the aux belt off the check the noise goes and while the belt is off check the bottom pulley, tensoiners and idlers etc
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd engine Noise?? craig306 19 3,819 23-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Last Post: td163
  rattling noise from engine shaunturner306 24 5,887 01-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Poodle