Multiple Suspension and Clutch Pedal Issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Suspension and Clutch Pedal Issues
I recently aquired my 306 Meridian 1.4 Hatchback and have had a few issues, some of which I've fixed and other still remain with no evidence as to what the issues are since I'm only 17, my dad had a 205 GTI for many years but these issues are still puzzling even him.

First of all when cornering, if a corner is taken at high speed the car suddenly turns in sharper than expected, which is not good for a learner, this could be related to the knocking issue that we originally thought was the rear suspension, after replacing the appropriate parts there the issue is still around, so I was wondering whether anyone else has had, or knows of this issue.

Second, the clutch biting point is very high, and the throttle incredibly sensitive, making it a difficult car to learn in, the clutch cable has been replaced along with an entirely new clutch before I purchased it.

If anyone has any ideas it would be helpful to leave them below Smile
Thanks given by:
possibly a worn out rear beam or front balljoint/bush.

if clutch and cable are new and self adjust you have to live with it, as for throttle, stop stamping on it.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
As above, sounds like a knackered beam or front wishbone bushes.

Regarding the clutch, since it's recently been replaced, i'd hazard a guess that the cable hasn't been fitted properly - they're a sod to get seated and i've seen a fair few where the mechanic has obviously just given up and left it. The problem area is just under the brake servo - there's a grommet that should be seated nicely in the bulkhead. They can also go a bit funny if not routed correctly, check it isn't wedged anywhere and is routed with nice smooth curves, should be clipped onto the subframe halfway along. Another thing to check is the spring on the pedal - get rid of it then stamp on the clutch and slip your foot off so it bangs back up, that should force the self-adjuster to sort itself out. Failing all that the clutch isn't quite right.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-05-2015, 12:09 PM)welshpug Wrote: possibly a worn out rear beam or front balljoint/bush.

if clutch and cable are new and self adjust you have to live with it, as for throttle, stop stamping on it.

(08-05-2015, 12:39 PM)Poodle Wrote: As above, sounds like a knackered beam or front wishbone bushes.

Regarding the clutch, since it's recently been replaced, i'd hazard a guess that the cable hasn't been fitted properly - they're a sod to get seated and i've seen a fair few where the mechanic has obviously just given up and left it. The problem area is just under the brake servo - there's a grommet that should be seated nicely in the bulkhead. They can also go a bit funny if not routed correctly, check it isn't wedged anywhere and is routed with nice smooth curves, should be clipped onto the subframe halfway along. Another thing to check is the spring on the pedal - get rid of it then stamp on the clutch and slip your foot off so it bangs back up, that should force the self-adjuster to sort itself out. Failing all that the clutch isn't quite right.

So after toying about with what the issue could be, I ended up replacing the left rear trailing arm bearings, after this I went on to fix the issue with the suspension, turns out it was the front left balljoint and wishbone bushes, so those got replaced aswell, as for the clutch..it's too low not too high, which in reality is quite nice on a petrol..the throttle still remains to have about 75% power in the first 25% of applied pressure which doesn't seem right..although I'm sure it just takes getting used to..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch pedal aaron_one 7 3,846 11-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Last Post: maxzy
  Clutch Pedal too high! Eeyore 28 10,497 13-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Last Post: rd070707
  206 suspension users? Rock hard suspension HDIkyle 10 4,010 10-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: puglove