Clutch Pedal too high!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch Pedal too high!
Hey guys!

ever since me and tom changed the clutch the pedal comes up too high! it bites about half way up which is good but then it reaches its normal position and then has about another 1.5 inches of travel!

It isnt having a difference on the clutch biting or anything but its just a bit difficult to get my foot on the pedal and im always catching it on that stupid bit of trim that most people remove! Also its happened once or twice now that the clutch pedal will get stuck at the biting point. All I have to do is put my foot down again and it comes straight back up but id just like to sort it out Smile

Thanks
Sam
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 11:03 PM)SRowell Wrote: Hey guys!

ever since me and tom changed the clutch the pedal comes up too high! it bites about half way up which is good but then it reaches its normal position and then has about another 1.5 inches of travel!

It isnt having a difference on the clutch biting or anything but its just a bit difficult to get my foot on the pedal and im always catching it on that stupid bit of trim that most people remove! Also its happened once or twice now that the clutch pedal will get stuck at the biting point. All I have to do is put my foot down again and it comes straight back up but id just like to sort it out Smile

Thanks
Sam
Maybe the actual pedal is a bit stiff? Could lube it up maybe Wink You could try stamping on the pedal a few times apparently that helps the adjusting mechanism?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
ive tried stamping on it a few times and yeh the pedal probably does need lubing up a bit. Its just a bit odd that it comes up to where it is supposed to be and then goes further. Makes me think that there is something that is meant to stop it which is missing!
Thanks given by:
Possible that your not used to a 306 with a decent clutch and cable?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sam its not a fault with the HDi clutch, its because your 1.8 clutch is old and shit! lol

Also it gets stuck on the thick unsecured floor mat........never got stuck on anything else when I had it, I hope you haven't broken it already! Confused

You should try my shit, low, juddery clutch, you wouldn't be moaning then! Tongue
Thanks given by:
God, floor mats.. don't even get me started, always used to get stuck under the throttle on the HDi.. i'd wonder why it felt like there was no power, move floormat and boooooooooost haha
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2012, 11:18 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: God, floor mats.. don't even get me started, always used to get stuck under the throttle on the HDi.. i'd wonder why it felt like there was no power, move floormat and boooooooooost haha

^^^^This exactly! I f*cking hate mats!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I like floor mats.....but they MUST be secured and actually fit....the ones in Sams HDi creep so badly! lol

But I have none in mine, the whole footwell is thick with mud and theres a 'sqeeeeeeak' every time my wet sole slides across the plastic carpet thing!! So irritating! I tried to fit the golf mats in (they have holders) but weirdly the floor space in the golf was a lot smaller than the 306! Confused
Thanks given by:
the floor mat would mean it wouldnt go down all the way. the problem is that the pedal resting place is about an inch and a half higher than the other pedals which means i have to lift my entire leg to get it back on the pedal! Dont you dare start a floor mat rant in my thread tom!
Thanks given by:
i had a new clutch kit put on my hdi had the exactly same thing, made the car nearly impossible to drive couldnt find the bite its was like so high and juddered on hill starts,traffic jams were a nightmare. took the car back to the garage i got it fitted he agreed it felt rubbish so fitted a new clutch kit and it dropped the biting point so it was useable again
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2012, 01:11 PM)SRowell Wrote: the floor mat would mean it wouldnt go down all the way. the problem is that the pedal resting place is about an inch and a half higher than the other pedals which means i have to lift my entire leg to get it back on the pedal! Dont you dare start a floor mat rant in my thread tom!

No what I mean is the pedal was sticking under the top of the floor mat, just as you let it off.

The height of the pedal wasn't a problem for me - you're just used to an old worn clutch. My 1.8 clutch was horribly low as well.....
Thanks given by:
There you guys replace the clutch again, that'll solve it Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tbf, I MUCH prefer Sams clutch over my own lol...we'd better just swap cars. lol

But seriously, theres nothing that can control the pedal height afaik though? Theres not a pedal stop on these is there? If not then surely its just the cable and the arm position that determines the pedal height?
Thanks given by:
Tom im not used to a worn out clutch! This sits about 1.5inches higher than the other two pedals!
Thanks given by:
The clutch on your 1.8 does (or rather did whenever I last tried it lol) sit lower than most clutches, but as I say my 1.8 was the same, very odd after my 1.4s which also had a high clutch pedal.

306 pedals are weird anyway imo, the acc pedal sits the same as the brake, which is odd as it means you hit both with big shoes/boots on, most other cars the acc pedal sits lower. I'm gonna have to go and see where my pedal rests now lol, brb...

Right, my pedal sits about half inch higher than the brake - basically you can't slide a foot across from the brake to the clutch.

If yours is an inch higher than that maybe it is unusually high, but I honestly can't say I noticed, however I've driven so many cars with varying clutches I don't take much notice now lol, as said though, I don't think theres anything that can really change it. Thinking about it, even the cable can't change it as that would change the bite point too. So really unless theres a pedal stop thats been broken or bent I have no idea what else would cause it.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 31116063.jpg]
Thanks given by:
try the little spring on the peddle my blaze did this it was the spring pn the actualy peddle i just took it off problem solved or get a new one have a look under and youll see what u mean
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2012, 05:11 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [Image: 31116063.jpg]

true! cheers for that phil Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2012, 11:52 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(01-12-2012, 05:11 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [Image: 31116063.jpg]

true! cheers for that phil Big Grin

Phill.... o.0
Thanks given by:
o.0 in my haste i presume it was a 4waydiablo comment D: Sorry Danny!
Thanks given by:
move the damn seat back !
Thanks given by:
Sam im currently having this problem on mine did you fix it in the end ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 01:29 PM)SRowell Wrote: o.0 in my haste i presume it was a 4waydiablo comment D: Sorry Danny!

Ouch lmao
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yeah me too, high bite, wants to stick down half way a lot etc, might try removing the spring and see what happens
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
mine had a new clutch, release bearing and clutch cable about 100 miles ago and mines exactly the same.. bites near the top, cant be much wrong though Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2013, 08:33 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Yeah me too, high bite, wants to stick down half way a lot etc, might try removing the spring and see what happens

yeh mine occasionally gets stuck halfway. Hasnt done it for ages though!
Thanks given by:
yeah mine did that too, if you crawl under the dash somehow.. on the clutch pedal is a spring, mine was full of grease that had gone hard and it was making my clutch pedal get stiff on release Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Mine does it more often recently, clutch never slips or anything though so don't know if its the clutch itself or not
Thanks given by:
Yeah just to confirm, just removed the spring and it made a massive difference, pedal never sticks down and feel much better to drive
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch pedal aaron_one 7 3,848 11-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Last Post: maxzy
  Multiple Suspension and Clutch Pedal Issues TheMootyhaka 3 1,633 21-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: TheMootyhaka