Oil Return Leaking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Return Leaking
I have recently got a leak from my oil return pipe.

I replaced the gasket and used new 12.9 bolts(didn't want to snap 8.8s up there)

Yet it still leaks once warm, the bolts are as tight as i can get them(cold engine).

Should I let the engine get hot and nip em up once more.

I didnt think they needed to be so tight!!
Thanks given by:
Shouldn't need to be that tight, are you sure it's leaking from the join tho??
Not leaking from a split pipe or anything??

The oil return pipe is not under any pressure, oil just dribbles out the turbo and down the pipe.

The pipe does need to be orientated downward tho, otherwise oil builds up and can piss out.
The other source might be leaking from the core or leaking from the oil feed (which is under pressure)

If the oil return is kinked, obstructed or has a shit route it can backup oil and leak out.
Thanks given by:
Is it leaking from further up giving you the wrong impression?
Thanks given by:
Have you got any kind of gasket on there? I remember one of mine leaking and it needing some of that blue instant gasket stuff on, nipped back up was fine after that Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 08:27 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Have you got any kind of gasket on there? I remember one of mine leaking and it needing some of that blue instant gasket stuff on, nipped back up was fine after that Smile

New gasket.

Leak was still there, then used some sealant aswell.

When the cars running and you clean the oil off it comes straight out of the bolt hole for the flange
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaky diesel return line Iaitoo 6 1,605 23-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Oil return td_dan 1 957 02-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  Primer bulb sucked in and wont return?! 306 d turbo 1 1,714 27-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Last Post: cully