Paul's estate mk2 - air intake on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul's estate mk2 - air intake on
It may be 'easier to adjust from the bay' once it's fitted.. but you've got to go through the hassle of fitting it first in a place where there's a fair lack of space.

You set the boost once and that's it anyway, takes about 5 minutes to adjust from below with a spanner.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If I have the right turbo
Thanks given by:
I found it relatively simple to fit, I spent more time faffing about looking for a guide than I did just getting on with fitting it. Shouldn't take longer than 10 mins to fit.
Thanks given by:
I've got the map sorted, thanks JP

Just need to wind the boost up
Thanks given by:
Yet to get my head under the car to have a look.

But I did fit the slim line fan. Note to self for the future : fit the f*cking thing before installing the FMIC

My hands are bleeding pretty bad
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG-20150426-WA0004_zpsganbqsrj.jpeg]

Put the JP Stage 2 map on, christ on a bike it goes some.

The most epic clutch slip, just spur me on to change the clutch sooner than later.

Exhaust next, going to get rid of the centre box and fabricate my own back box from a 2.5" universal silencer

Then sort out the suspension, when I get a chance

And just a picture to show people the wastegate arm which is adjustable

[Image: IMG-20150426-WA0001_zpsbw5p4uld.jpeg]

Buried all the way up there. Great fun if you've got big hands like me. 10mm ratchet spanner helps massively with this
Thanks given by:
I found that If you loosen off the end one, it takes the pressure off the inner nut, which (if you're lucky) you can just spin with your fingers. If you think it went well before, just wait til you've got the boost up and a new clutch haha.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I didn't realise that you still hadn't replaced that clutch yet - wasn't it slipping badly with the previous map? lol
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 03:22 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: I didn't realise that you still hadn't replaced that clutch yet - wasn't it slipping badly with the previous map? lol

Yep, it's f*cking hilarious now, it's like a second turbo kicking in when the clutch grips lol

I'm in the process of converting the HDI box to pull type, I'll do a write up on how to convert it

My theory is when it reaches the rivets it might grip lol
186k on the original clutch I believe
Thanks given by:
I thought there was already a guide on that conversion...? Fair play for going stage 2 on a 186k original clutch, i'm amazed it still works at all!

So what's next for this wee beasty?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm unsure Poodle, I'll check first.

Straight through home brew exhaust, taking the middle silencer out completely. People say the standard middle box isn't restrictive?! Not convinced by that after looking through one.

Raise the rear, too low. Might source some 21mm bars before hand

Sort out front suspension, Vibratechnics p bushes and give powerflex black front bushes a go

In 2 minds whether to chase the last extra ponies and put a r70 pump on and rail sensor, some one says it causing it to drive a bit lumpy around town.

Another must is to buy a brand new MAF, this one keeps throwing up codes.
Thanks given by:
Plenty to come then, good stuff!

The middle box is just a baffled pipe with absorbant material packed around, nowhere near as restrictive as the silencers with dividers in (not sure what the proper terminology is for those). It is a restriction, same as any silencer, but it's the lesser of two evils. Depends whether you mind the noise of a straight-through or not i guess.

Sounds like "someone" has got a dodgy map or other issues, the higher rail pressure shouldn't make the blindest bit of difference to how it drives around town. Mine was certainly fine for a year or so/20k miles.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Did the straight through exhaust last night, with massive thanks to andyyy for letting me use his welder

I sacked off the middle box completely some of it is proper bodge. Was in a real rush to get it done!

The exhaust was a bit worse of condition than I thought

[Image: 20150429_184700_zpslwmgrkyn.jpg]

Choppy choppy

[Image: IMG-20150429-WA0006_zpsvevnugqo_edit_143...iul6c.jpeg]

[Image: 20150430_163648_zpsfgqfistd.jpg]

Excuse the hangers...

To be fair it isn't actually that loud, and has made a big difference down low and high up (that I notice through the immense clutch slip)

Ps I did cut the olive off and used a bit of 2.5" exhaust pipe with an expanded section to slot over it for a join
Thanks given by:
He he still can't believe you wore shorts to do welding! Still laughing at the yelps and oww`s

This does sound good, is that mid silencer available in mild ?
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
I've got shit loads of burns it's not funny lol
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2015, 06:05 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I've got shit loads of burns it's  not funny lol

It is though...... Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
burns and a nice pink skin tan thats gona sting like a bitch

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
LOL Big Grin

You might as well chase the last ponies now you have intercooled it etc....
Thanks given by:
I may do, want a working clutch first

I've got the pump ready to go on, but there's other bits that need doing on the car first
Thanks given by:
Exhaust is a little bit loud but bearable, it's almost silent moving, just down low is noisy.

Need to check it's not blowing from any where, I've got replacement exhaust hangers on the way

Just ordered a brand new vdo maf and accelerator cable.

Need time now to raise the rear and replace the handbrake cables
Thanks given by:
Fitted the 307 hdi "solid" pulley earlier. I thought I heard it rattling around but turned out the bracket above the top engine mount was loose lol my hearing for you.

[Image: 20150502_170627_zpsr7wclyyo.jpg]

I've read a lot people saying they were a different diameter, this one is the same diameter as the 306 one

[Image: 20150502_170342_zpsnbuuiuej.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20150504_130634_zps56rme9am.jpg]

Would explain the non working hand brake and seized rear brakes
Thanks given by:
that's a cool hammer!
Thanks given by:
The beast of a hammer
Thanks given by:
Very cool hammer, those cables are ruined.
Thanks given by:
Done anything with the block you got off me?
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 03:32 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: that's a cool hammer
What he said ^^^^^^^ Smile
Thanks given by:
Well after a very enthusiastic drive of not giving a f*ck about the clutch, it's pretty much not gripping at all now.
It was very very smelly after I well and truly cooked it lol
I've got a funny video I'll up load in a bit.

Brand new one of these

[Image: 20150507_180215_zpst0w26evs.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20150510_120638_zpswayafu7h.jpg]

Desperately need to raise the rear!
Thanks given by:
nice progress buddy!

lower the front imo the rear looks good as is
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by: