GT2052s Dturbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2052s Dturbo
Well today I got a bit carried away, this week I am on an engine bay tidy up mission, but inbetween coats I decided to take apart my donor pump, then one thing led to another and I ended up building a hybrid 10mm pump. Although I had already decided not to use it, now I have built it I want to use it! So that will be fitted tomorrow. I'm praying it all went together properly. i'm good at missing bits out.. Is there any way of checking it's ok before running it or is it a case of bolt it on and see?

Also sprayed my slam panel gloss black, not the best job, didn't take the panel off, but it's a lot better than it was before!

Pictures Smile (sorry, just realised how AWFUL these pictures are..)

Pump stuff..
[Image: IMAG0376.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0379.jpg]

Complete 10mm next to the donor remains
[Image: IMAG0385.jpg]

Slam panel and battery tray work..
[Image: IMAG0373.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0375.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0382.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0386.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0389.jpg]

Still got plenty more re-spraying in the engine bay, but didn't get chance to do it all today, got carried away pump building!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Pump building ftw though, got to be better time spent than spraying a battery tray Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah was fun, first time I've got that in depth with a pump. I didn't follow the guide on here though, I left the leverset stuff in, so hope its all ok.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Well, put the 10mm on the car and...nothing. won't pump fuel at all, checked solenoid, DV's took the lid off check leversets everything Sad so I've just taken it off again, will probably have to go back to 9mm for now..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Not sure where I want to go with this car now. Was thinking of getting a petrol motor for it.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
say whaa?
Thanks given by:
I just want a petrol car again.

Will get an estate for the XUD.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
you suck
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I'm going to get abuse Big Grin
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Send me the 10mm to fiddle with then. I'm curious. In fact I need to speak to you about 10mm's...

PM me Wink
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The 10mm is in a few pieces I think, DV's are not attached etc. I need to sort it out.

One plan I had for the XUD was to put it into one of them little citroen vans with the skinny wheels. Would be fun.. Scary, but fun!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
a c15?

Thats totally my plan one day ...

[Image: c15-2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if you did a van it would have to be rwd, but that would be alot of effort so i think it would be far easier to put your xud in... i dunno, a black 306 perhaps?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 08:42 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: a c15?

Thats totally my plan one day ...

[Image: c15-2.jpg]

YES! 25psi through the skinny tyres would be hilarious!

But more than likely, I will buy a hdi estate and shove the xud in that. I have not lost any love for the XUD, its the best diesel engine I have ever worked with imo.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
tbh I'm not sure I want to do all the work to swap engines, may just keep the XUD and get a bike instead.. I really can't decide!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
just buy another xud engine, have it ready to go in so if the current one explodes or something you can just drop the spare in
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Wonder how much it would cost to upgrade my compressor to 56mm... I think the main problem is,there's a small list of things I need to fix and I just haven't had the time/energy to sort, if I get my arse in gear and sort it I think I will fall in love with it again.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
This is mint, nice one!

EDIT: Stick with a diesel motor!
Thanks given by:
Cheers, its FAR from mint though. Brings me onto my to-do list. If I get these done I will love it again!

-fix turbo exhaust leak
-fix the boost leak that I'm sure I've got.
-raise rear ride height
-fix brakes
-re fit solid beam mounts
-fix oil leak

Then planning on getting a machine polisher and also want to paint the engine.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Sorted the turbo exhaust leaks today, now its all back together the difference is amazing! Crazy how much it was leaking. I'm actually falling back in love with it again now, its that much better. No more awful blowing noise and fumes in the car.

Used gasket sheet, complete arse the drill/cut.. also used a bit of sealant for the downpipe connection.

[Image: IMAG0405-1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0406-1.jpg]

Also got a quote to get the turbo serviced and have a bigger compressor wheel fitted..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
New gauges turned up from america today, shame they will never be fitted to the car... And I think a 35psi gauge is a bit overkill for a hdi!

[Image: IMAG0413.jpg]
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
When did you get a hdi? Whats happening with the dt?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not got one yet, I will be, the DT will most probably be broken up Sad
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :O
Thanks given by:
I need an estate, the hatch is not big enough and is worthless as a whole. I will keep the turbo/downpipe for future use though Wink

Will miss it like mad though!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Why not a xud estate and swap everyrhing over?
Thanks given by:
Because it will be used for hauling a lot of stuff, and towing a trailer. I would have to de-tune it a lot to keep the temperatures down. I need something I can't adjust with a spanner to stop me doing it!

Plus I can't rely on a bigger turbo XUD to tow stuff across the country.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Be a shame to break it, nice project, and black dts are best!

What power is it kicking out now?
Thanks given by:
Would be a shame, but its worth nothing to anyone apart from me, so its the only way. As for power, I don't know. I swear its got a boost leak, smokes no matter what, but at 24psi it has a real nice rush of torque low down. I'd say 140 max, but torque definatly in the 200's.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Ricky tell me more about your intake piping you have there.. Looks like a flexible siliconey type deal? Got a link to some?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phase 1 Black 306 DTurbo - Road Test! (GT2052S, 11mm, FMIC) silverzx 171 55,112 23-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  GT2052S project thread number three 306Puggy 98 21,796 11-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Chris_90