GT2052s Dturbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2052s Dturbo
Ahhh good to no chris was expaining to me about the ko3 I have which sould be boosting around the same, also really looking forward to seeing this on the dyno to Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My favourite thing about this, is the noise, sounds amazing! Especially with the custom downpipe.

I will be crapping myself when this is on the dyno, be expecting it to go bang lol
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I really like this, looks like it's been well thought out instead of the usual "max boost, max fuel" approach most people take these days!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Smile I know what I want from it, and I'm happy its almost there!

Saying that, its old and French, it will never be finished.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Found a nice little space for my intercooler spray button Smile Will make it flush when I actually need to fit it, once I have built up an intercooler spray! Plus an intercooler to spray..

[Image: IMG_1190_zps2beb5e62.jpg]

Turned down the max fuel today, going on the dyno on Saturday hopefully, and the way it was, the EGT's would have been up to 1000 degrees easily. So now it's slower, pulls pretty well still but I doubt it would be over 130hp. I don't care though, still fun to thrash Smile
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Thats cool Smile make it your selft dude?
Thanks given by:
The button? No, its from a Subaru I think
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Ahhh cool ment the hole lot dude
Thanks given by:
I haven't got anything else yet, I have got some cool little plans for the FMIC though.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Didn't do too bad today, not running much max fuel to limit EGTs, and a nice heat soaked TMIC. You can clearly see how on/off my LDA pin is. I think the torque is 220lb/ft. Running 20-22psi.

[Image: IMG.jpg]
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
that be turbo lagarrific too!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not bad result dude, was nice to meet you to chap
Thanks given by:
Was good to see your car. really tidy motor you got and not a bad result you got on the rollers!
Thanks given by:
should've stuck with a K14 . .lmao
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Only lagging because of fuelling actually. With fuel it comes in too quick and slips the clutch. O and its got an exhaust leak pre turbo which really affects it.

And the K14 is crap, please don't mention it again in this thread Tongue
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Mate if I was you I would get I dyno'd again at a different place, that's what I'm going to do
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 05:36 PM)David Wrote: Mate if I was you I would get I dyno'd again at a different place, that's what I'm going to do

How come you going to do that? Did you get it on the rollers a 2nd time?
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 05:36 PM)David Wrote: Mate if I was you I would get I dyno'd again at a different place, that's what I'm going to do

They did ok, just didn't put the fan on soon enough and straight after the last run they turn it off, which is not good for the car, and why my coolant was over 90.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
fmic ftw...

at least you have a target to beat for next run :-)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 05:17 PM)Ricky Wrote: Only lagging because of fuelling actually. With fuel it comes in too quick and slips the clutch. O and its got an exhaust leak pre turbo which really affects it.

And the K14 is crap, please don't mention it again in this thread Tongue

haha sorry it's just that, well ya know, i made more on my crappy K14 . . Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
^^^ mega lols...
repped
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Haha, still know which one I would choose Wink

I was tempted to turn the pump back up and go for a full power run but scared of blowing it up Sad
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
i'm sure one day it will be almost as good as the world beating K14 . . . .Wink
Thanks given by:
But Matt he made over 30 lbft more torque than you...
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
On an under fuelled turbo... Tongue

Anyway, it will get better figures next time, have decent plans ahead.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 05:56 PM)Anton Wrote: But Matt he made over 30 lbft more torque than you...

wooo hooo . . . .lol . . . . i'm only dicking about really but you have to admit it's not a great result . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
lol, i would have whacked the fuel up.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Few problems I have are exhaust leak before the turbo, no heat shield on the air filter, no decent air feed to the filter, and heat soaked intercooler. Problem with dyno, the car is sat ticking over for a while with no air fan on so by the time its running its already cooked.

Got a week off work soon, got a few cool little ideas to sort it out. I don't think loads more max fuel and boost is the answer, if anything I want to keep it at 20psi. It's needs to be efficient, not just all out power. It's a small turbo in reality,
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
This is why dynos are shit, by the time the car gets in its overheated, tmic is heatsoaked etc...

Get it on again, govmod the pump more and looks to me like the LDA is jamming... More fuel, get some water injection on there... I have a GT1752S on atm, its defo good for 170hp, so keep going and you will get there!!

Its a good start though, that will be more reliable than any T2 on this forum at that power...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
don't know how accurate the revs are, had no rev counter. I think he just used the calibrations from another dturbo.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phase 1 Black 306 DTurbo - Road Test! (GT2052S, 11mm, FMIC) silverzx 171 55,113 23-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  GT2052S project thread number three 306Puggy 98 21,797 11-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Chris_90