Tablet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablet
Its my birthday coming up and i dont really know what to ask for but im thinking about getting a tablet but i dont know much about them or what im looking for. I would only really use it for internet like forum etc, games, music and maybe pics. 

I've had bit of a look on ebay and have come across some cheap 1s but i dunno if there any good for what i want. But for sub £50 i cant think that i could go wrong. Just wondered if anyone else has had any experience with 1 or something similar 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-Inch-Dual-Co...3ce19aa000
Thanks given by:
Frosty did you PM me about this? I know somebody PMd me about a cheap laptop or tablet for browsing the internet but i cant find the messages now!
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2015, 07:33 PM)SRowell Wrote: Frosty did you PM me about this? I know somebody PMd me about a cheap laptop or tablet for browsing the internet but i cant find the messages now!

Nope wasn't me
Thanks given by:
My advice would be don't go for something cheap, same with pretty much any computer device.
Thanks given by:
Ive got a samaung tab 3 mate, android based
Have a play when your next round see what you think ThumbsUp
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd go with a decent brand as well, I've Samsung tab 2 this past 2 years and its been great. Some of the screens on the cheap ones don't seem that great.
Thanks given by:
Nexus 7 FTW.

Got parents one last Christmas - they can't put the damned thing down, they love it, which to say that my parents use it a lot, is saying something!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Nexus 7 here

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...69&alt=web
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Huddle 1 is cheap enough now, my lad has one that I borrow sometimes, seems decent Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Any of the nexus stuff is great from the past two years. Especially the tablets.
Thanks given by:
Hudl's are shit compared to the nexus

Nexus are only 100 pound now aswell
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Hudl is the current winner at the bargain end of the market.

With the sub £100 stuff the software is key, the hardware is often similar but it's how well their implementation of Android is done.
If they've f*cked around with it and shoved in a load of shit then the tablet will run like shit.
If it's fairly un-touched then it's often ok.

I got a £29 Archos tablet form Asda in the sales, it's not burdened with un-wanted shite so actually runs pretty well.
Thanks given by:
Nexus is pure android. Its great and runs cleanly. The hardware is decent. Stay away from budget touch screen devices!
Thanks given by:
Cheap windows tabs aren't actually bad at all (compared to an Android equivalent) and run full windows without lag for £70, we just got one here for work stuff.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 08:02 AM)7057sam Wrote: Nexus 7 here

May look into getting 1 of them, cheers
Thanks given by:
Bought my missus a Hudl2 which seems decent.
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 08:02 AM)7057sam Wrote: Nexus 7 here

I went for his 1 and it arrived today. I now need a case etc. Am i right in thinking this 1 is a 1st gen?
Thanks given by:
Well I have had it 2 days and it has done this 3 time. Will be emailing them tomorrow

[Image: FD4F4E74-FB09-4680-9B54-8EB7B1C0BA85_zps02p0krxm.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've sent the tablet back and they are going to refund me so the question is do i try the same 1 again or go for something different?
Thanks given by:
That's unfortunate, I know a few people that have them and they've been reliable and they love them.
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2015, 01:05 PM)tartboy Wrote: That's unfortunate, I know a few people that have them and they've been reliable and they love them.

Maybe just 1 of the unlucky 1s i guess. Once i get a refund i think ill go for the same 1 again. They come with 12 months warranty so can send it back if there is an issue
Thanks given by:
We sent our first one back (had the same fault as you), never had an issue with the replacement though
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can't complain about my Nexus 7 tbh.

On that note, it's my B'day a week tomorrow. God knows what to ask for...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Got my refund through. I have gone for the same again just hope for no issues this time.
Thanks given by:
I've yet to figure out a use for my tablet. It's actually one of those convertible ones. But I never take it off the keyboard. So it's really just a laptop. My phone does all tablet duties.

Good luck with new 7. Nexus kit is really good. Better than Samsung when you compare prices.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tablet help Matt 17 2,684 06-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Tablet screen protector Niall 4 1,408 27-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Another tablet thread... Tom 7 1,591 05-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Tom