HDI 110 into 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI 110 into 306
End of the day, the 110 vs 90 engine is 99% the same - you say you're not intercooling it and using the stock 90hp ECU - bam, you're back to it being a 90 engine anyway!

The only other difference is that supposedly the 110 used a burnished steel crank (same as XUD9, whereas the 90 used a plain steel crank (same as XUD7) - but never taken one apart, nor have I ever seen a HDi 90 blow a crank, even at significantly elevated power levels!

110 HDi simply uses a vacuum solenoid operated wastegate - it's the same GT1546S turbocharger as the 90hp, just a different control method.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ahh I thought they had a vnt turbo. My bad.
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 03:37 PM)Ruan Wrote: End of the day, the 110 vs 90 engine is 99% the same - you say you're not intercooling it and using the stock 90hp ECU - bam, you're back to it being a 90 engine anyway!

The only other difference is that supposedly the 110 used a burnished steel crank (same as XUD9, whereas the 90 used a plain steel crank (same as XUD7) - but never taken one apart, nor have I ever seen a HDi 90 blow a crank, even at significantly elevated power levels!

110 HDi simply uses a vacuum solenoid operated wastegate - it's the same GT1546S turbocharger as the 90hp, just a different control method.

What I mean Ruan is that I will be using the full HDI 110 setup if I did this. The intercooler would be on and since it is an original part to the engine it will already be added to the quote when the engine change swaps over, whereas id have to add an intercooler to the modifications list on a HDI 90.
Cheers for the info Ruan Smile
Thanks given by:
Did you actually check that with the insurers? The point is, the IC isn't part of the engine...

If you go and buy a new engine from Peugeot they won't give you an IC with it!
Thanks given by:
Plus the standard IC wont fit, and they are useless. So youd need to put a non standard one on, which youd need to tell the insurance about..
Thanks given by:
Fair enough Tom, just presumed it came under as the engine swap as that's hooked up to and kinda part of the engine but fair enough
Thanks given by:
Have you tried getting a quote from one of the modified insurers?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I havent no, cheers Poodle! Think Ive checked one last year but they were going to quote me a stupid price but havent checked the rest
Thanks given by:
Call Brentacre.
They go by a BHP limit...you can do as little or as much mods as you want, they only limit you by bhp!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'd be very, very surprised if they insured you for a lower premium for an engine swap with intercooler vs just an intercooler... At least with any insurer that is interested in modified cars at all...

Generally engine swaps are a massive hike in premium from my experience...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Why not just intercool your 90, which basically turns it into a 110, n tell your insurance you've done a engine swap, they aren't going to know the difference
Thanks given by:
Or greenlight insurance
Thanks given by: