HDI 110 into 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI 110 into 306
How easy would it be to put the 2.0 HDI 110 into a 306? Since the Xsara uses it im guessing it wouldnt take too much work?
Thanks given by:
Its the same as the 90 with some added sensors a different turbo and an intercooler.
Thanks given by:
What he said is correct afaik Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
What extra sensors? And what different turbo is used?
So pretty much abolt in job without much hassle?
Thanks given by:
It'll bolt in yeah, the engine is the same. But you'd need to swap a lot of the ancillaries over, the turbo, mani and inlet piping at least. The loom will be different too, so you'd have to swap that over along with any sensors that are different. What's the reason for fitting one?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Basically you'll just need to run a wire to the ECU for the turbo electro valve, then I can sort you out a map for that engine that will work on your ECU and you'll have it working.
If you use the EGR valve for the turbo electro valve you will just need to cut the wire for the EGR going in to the ECU and move it to a different pin. If you've got a single plug ECU it's quite easy as I have got the wiring diagram for this.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Cheers Guys!
Was thinking of doing it when the engine in mine goes pop if it does before I get another car next year
Doesnt sound like too big a job and another 20 bhp and more torque over a stage 1 HDI 90 when the 110 is mapped
Thanks given by:
I thought that'd be the answer.. Just stick an intercooler on, it's not worth it for the engine change as they're the same!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Stg1 map is 125bhp
Intercooler and stg1+ or stg2 limited could get you to 150ish without the hassle
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I would go Stage 2 but ive already had to fork out for a turbo change due to stuffed turbo bearings in my old GT15, cant see the standard turbo lasting very long on a stage 2 map and cba for forking out another £200 on another turbo and labour
Whats the difference turbo wise between the 90 and 110?
Plus there are no insurers that would quote me if I said I had an intercooler plumbed in!
Thanks given by:
Doesn't the Hdi 110 use a Dual mass flywheel.? I know they do in the 406. That's a big negative to fitting one id you ask me. Id stick with a 90 as i'm fairly sure most of the extra 20bhp comes from the 110 having an intercooler.??
Thanks given by:
Same turbo on the 110s and same injectors.

£200 for a GT15?! £30 and a couple hours getting dirty! Its not much extra boost for stg2, plenty run them without issues with turbo.

Plus if you want the 110 for the 110bhp, you'll still need an intercooler!! lol

Bit pointless tbh!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
£40 for Turbo and £150 in labour as my mechanic came along a few issues along the way unfortunately!
Yes but if you fit the 110 your doing it when it needs it and its already then so much easier to plug in and play!
Its just the insurance that puts me off going stage 2 as I cant
Got the Rallye and some new shinies fitted/on recently though, so I have no great need to go Stage 2 knowing il have the Rallye on the road soon Smile
Thanks given by:
Insurance on an engine swap will probably be more than just going stage 2... Confused
Thanks given by:
To be honest it isn't - I cant really get anyone to insure me for having Stage 2 bits on. Currently pay just under £700 for the HDI at 19 and adding 'Intercooler' to the modifications list would bump that up to £3,000 cheapest! Rallye quicker than a Stage 2 HDI and that's over 3 times cheaper than an Intercooled HDI to insure!
Thanks given by:
Lol, a standard GTi is usually cheaper to insure than a modded HDi, but not by that much! Confused

What do insurance companies think an intercooler does? Its not a flux capacitor ffs. Dodgy I had the same issue with a bigger IC on the Golf...bigger turbo and remap was fine but not a bigger intercooler. Confused
Thanks given by:
Rallye only £150 more to insure than a Standard HDI 90, although nearly has twice the bhp as standard!
I know its annoying as a Stage 2 HDI as a daily and cruiser would be great!
Forget the golf.... Intercooled HDI with a GT20 is where its at aha Tongue 
Thanks given by:
Pfft, sounds laggy. Tongue

180bhp Mk4 Golf TDi is an ideal daily...well, was... lol
Thanks given by:
Or my dream diesel 306.... 2.2HDI Stage 1 306 3 Door, preferably in Astor Smile 
Fair enough, would rather have a 306 over a Golf tbh, especially a Rallye Tongue 
Thanks given by:
Rallye or Golf? I'll take the one with electric windows and air con.... lol

Each to their own though...2.2 HDi would be a more worthwhile swap than a 110 2.0 imo. Smile
Thanks given by:
GTI6 then Tom Tongue But fair enough each to there own Smile
2.2 HDI would be great but a nightmare to get all working - as someone on here with a Blue Dimma has
Thanks given by:
IF you fit the 110 you STILL need an intercooler!!!
Its the main difference between the 90/110!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wasn't the problem with the Dimma 2.2 that he modified it though? Standard engine should just drop in and work with its own ECU etc I would think.

Piggy makes a good point lol, you'd still have to declare intercooler on top of the engine change lol.
Thanks given by:
You need an intercooler for the 110 engine, and yes the turbos are the same. The only difference between a stage 1 mapped 110 hdi and a stage 2 90 is that boost may be a tiny bit higher on the 90 but only because the boost sensor on the 110 doesn't like getting near it's limit, and we are only talking 1 psi on the 90 with an MBC.
This means the turbos are basically doing the same work.

Also I've not heard of many turbos going pop on a stage 2 except when people go massively past 20 psi or high mileage.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Piggy Iget what you mean but... If I went to the insurers and said I had an engine change to the 110 it would be insured as having an intercooler as standard. Whereas the HDI 90 wouldnt be insured to have an intercooler as standard - hence why I cant insure an intercooled HDI 90

Is 17/18psi on a Stage 2 HDI the standard? And 15ish on a Stage 1?
Thanks for clearing that up Prosteve Smile
Thanks given by:
Which hdi engine has a vnt? Thought it was the 110
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
The later 16v 136bhp models use a VNT, don't think any 2.0 8v HDis did.
Thanks given by:
110's have vnt in the 307 I think?
Thanks given by:
When the 110bhp engine is mapped does the clutch hold or is it different to the 90?
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 01:08 PM)mcglynn Wrote: 110's have vnt in the 307 I think?

Don't think so, they use a vac solenoid operated wastegate afaik.
Thanks given by: