odd power delivery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
odd power delivery
Replaced the old 306 with a newer one and going thru the little issues it has but before I start throwing parts at it she has a odd problem which is getting better the more it's driven,

Car is a 2002 3 plug ECU, the issue is sometimes when you stick you foot down the power delivery is lacking, which leads me thinking it could be the throttle switch,
No engine light, CAT's OK and not blocked, Doesn't look gunked up,
Other time's it goes as it should, no pattern just when it decides to play ball
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
egr valve sticking open/ gunged up or MAF sensor would be my options

Maf can be check by unplugging it and running the car for a while and see if the fault apears again
Egr valve id say blank it Wink
Thanks given by:
MAF is fine, checked that, Got some EGR plate to blank it with so will give that a shot
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
Thanks given by:
Sounds a lot like tps failing, is it only at full throttle you get the problem?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Try the Air Mass Flow Sensor, mine had that problem it is just a guess for lacking power
Thanks given by:
I have exactly the same problem, I've changed the maf and blanked and remove egr but the problem is still their.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
When was the fuel filter changed?
Thanks given by: miles
Clogged filter on the lift pump in the fuel tank maybe?
Thanks given by:
It seems more electrical to me, as it can be like a switch with the power coming and it stays for a while then goes back to lacking power, Happens at any throttle opening
No idea on Filters
Thanks given by:
Bring it to me and I'll figure it out, I'm in Bristol, not sure how far that is for you to drive.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
thanks for the offer But I'll have a play and see as I've got far too much work on to even find a spare hour, Bloody rattly old Derv's
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2014, 11:21 PM)miles Wrote: thanks for the offer But I'll have a play and see as I've got far too much work on to even find a spare hour, Bloody rattly old Derv's

Let me know how you get on mate I'm quite puzzled by mine.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Paul dropped off a MAF and TPS, so will check those and sort a couple of wires out and will keep the post updated
Thanks given by:
Check the air doser, they have a habit of disconnecting and staying shut severely limiting the airflow to the engine and then randomly popping open and everything is back to normal.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 01:18 AM)HDi--Power Wrote: Check the air doser, they have a habit of disconnecting and staying shut severely limiting the airflow to the engine and then randomly popping open and everything is back to normal.

Good shout that.

I completely removed the butterfly and shaft on my girlfriend 206 as it's a bit of a restriction as you can see below.
[Image: DSCN3849_zps92f7dbfb.jpg]

I removed it when I was blanking the EGR.
Thanks given by:
I'd ruled that out as we de-egr'd and de-airdosered lolsteve's old hdi and still had the issue.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Turned out to be a wiring problem
Thanks given by:
Any idea what wire it was and was it a connector issue or a broken cable?
Thanks given by:
The previous owner had chopped wires and directly fed it to the ecu plug. Wearing a humongous cowboy hat
Thanks given by:
Rofl

Which sensor/actuator was this?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The TPS plug, It goes without saying what allot of people disagree with Solder on wires is not good as it fractures over time but in this case I didn;t have much choice, I'll see if I can find a new plug and crimp it back as it should be
Thanks given by: