wtf is wrong now ( hopefully fixed, fingers crossed )

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wtf is wrong now ( hopefully fixed, fingers crossed )
Star 
So went to start the car this morning after my massive cock up with the cambelt.

Charged the battery up last night. Primed the grenade after connecting the battery back up. Turned the key. And it struggled to start. As expected, it had been sat for 4weeks. After about 10 seconds it fires to life. Runs for about 5 seconds. Which I can rev but the rev gauge doesn't move. After about 5 seconds it dies, will not start unless I prime the grenade.

What have I done wrong lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Sounds like vane pump is stuck or you've a massive Apr leak.

Rev counter, you've probably disturbed the wiring. Or is died, mine died suddenly
Thanks given by:
Are u getting a good flow of fuel
Thanks given by:
Sounds like vane pump as said, prime grande start it and keep pumping it see it'll keep running / rev if so definitely vane pump had similar issues with many if my bosch pumps.

Has the pump been stud with veg in? Or dry?

Thanks given by:
It's been on the car the entire time. I've had literally nothing but problems since buying this pump. Ffs.

How do I check the flow of fuel? Take it off the pump?
Thanks given by:
Does it suck grenade in when it dies? Have you tried running it from a bottle of fuel to rule out a bad supply? If so, remove fuel return host (right hand side) from pump, prime until fuel starts to run out return pipe, then start it and run around and watch how much fuel spills from the return on idle...Report back. also, remove the fuel inlet pipe from pump, and pump grenade, does fuel pump up EASY from the tank? and quickly? If so, and not much fuel is coming out return (video / tell us) then sounds like vane pump.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Well it just drove down the road. It took about a minute of turning over to start but it started.

Turns out these cars like this thing called diesel...

Somehow think I've knocked the wiring or something for the fuel gauge. It said 1/4 slapped somefuel in there and I'm now sat just in the red :/ no idea what happened to that.

Drove up the road. Sounds okay. (by okay I mean as rattly as it was) types bit flat so makes the steering feel disconnected. And that made me paranoid. Back home and on the drive. Will use the air compressor at work to do the tires tomorrow and will report back to how she is.

Got a little bit of a missing on idle :/
Thanks given by: