Estate Exhausts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estate Exhausts
My exhaust is leaking, its been on previous mot certificates, Ive just left it and left it, I dont want to just stick on another standard exhaust, what have you guys done? I dont want to remove the cat as Im sure the law now says if a cat was fitted originally then it needs to have one? So I was thinking

Option 1 ____Cat______straight through______using a mid box at the end__

Or would that be too noisy?

Option 2 ___Cat____midbox____midbox__
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Okay so.... its probably going to pass emissions regardless of whether it actually has a cat or not. Depending on the MOT tester they may want to see the cat on there. The key there is that its a visual inspection... So either get a decat and friendly MOT tester or get a cat... cut it open and remove all the insides!

After the cat/decat youre on the right track. Straight through and mid box conversion on the rear would be my preference!
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 12:14 PM)SRowell Wrote: Okay so.... its probably going to pass emissions regardless of whether it actually has a cat or not. Depending on the MOT tester they may want to see the cat on there. The key there is that its a visual inspection... So either get a decat and friendly MOT tester or get a cat... cut it open and remove all the insides!

After the cat/decat youre on the right track. Straight through and mid box conversion on the rear would be my preference!

Its gunna be fun trying to find a second hand cat though I bet
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mines a Hoffman decat, a new bosal mid section, and the old mid section at the back, the hanging bracket off the old backbox was a cradle that I pryed off the corroded box and now the mid section rests in that secured with a massive jubilee.
Oh and a 'friendly tester'
Thanks given by:
I have a hoffman de cat I fitted it last night Smile I've left my back box off until i move the mid box into the back of it Smile what have you decided on doing? I reckon no mid box would sound very tractory and loud i'm happy with mine so far Smile
Thanks given by:
Straight pipe from the turbo back. Wheyyyyy.

Aha in all seriousness though sam has the right idea. Either a gutted cat or a friendly tester. Mines a straight pipe from turbo to mid box then to back box. Mega free flowing long life system Smile
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stainless steel exhausts procta 8 1,790 02-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Turbo Back Exhausts? JTaylor2005 7 1,833 07-11-2014, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Exhausts - rtha6551 49 13,749 14-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Last Post: rtha6551