fuel solenoid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuel solenoid
Hi pug boys.
Does anyone have a picture/guide on how to remove stop solenoid on hdi injector pump. Have tracked down my start probs to this, help appreciated.
Cheers
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure there isn't a stop solenoid on a common rail pump. Confused
Thanks given by:
There isnt only a sensor on it. Stop solinoids are for older diesels like xuds. Newer hdi stop injector pulses hence no fuel.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Rofl

I'm intrigued, what diagnostic process did you follow to come up with that?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
ye there is no stop solenoid on the hdi pump just a regulator valve.

what problem are you having?
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 05:45 PM)madmadmax Wrote: ye there is no stop solenoid on the hdi pump just a regulator valve.

what problem are you having?

Ok. Problem being it will not start after stopping say fuel fill up or shopping. I have to turn ignition on twice for it to start. It`s had a new fuel pump in the last three wks. A mechanic reckons it`s the fuel stop or solenoid, whichever is on the pump. Hopefully it will be resolved nxt week.
Thanks given by:
Has it had a new lift pump or hp pump? If it was the hp pump then i'd be looking at the lift pump. You want to get it on live diags really and see what's happening when it doesn't start, will give you a much better idea of what the problem is. But then a proper mechanic would have done that for you already rather than making bad guesses...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-10-2014, 06:07 AM)Poodle Wrote: Has it had a new lift pump or hp pump? If it was the hp pump then i'd be looking at the lift pump. You want to get it on live diags really and see what's happening when it doesn't start, will give you a much better idea of what the problem is. But then a proper mechanic would have done that for you already rather than making bad guesses...

Ok it was a new lift pump. The garage are going to do a diagnostic test, don`t know if they use pp2000 . It`s bloody annoying re start prob. Cheers for advice.
Thanks given by:
if it takes priming to get it started i would be looking for leak from some where rather than sensors.
Thanks given by:
As above, if priming twice helps then it follows that you've got an issue with the low pressure circuit, rather than anything on the hp pump. My first call would have been the lift pump too tbh, was it a new one that was fitted? Perhaps worth taking a look at the fuel relay and filter housing.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My fuel relay is failing.
The lift pump doesn't always prime first go.
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2014, 07:15 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: My fuel relay is failing.
The lift pump doesn't always prime first go.

All my relay`s have been changed and lift pump in tank. I still have this intermittent non start, it`s either the immobiliser or something electrical on the HP pump, you too?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop solenoid Jukie88 11 1,272 20-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Jukie88