Stop solenoid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop solenoid
Right basically my hdi won't turn off by the key have to stall it then pull the shunt fuse tk shut electrics off I've been told by a mechanic friend that its the stop solenoid he said itl look like a spark plug looking thing and can I f*ck find it Sad anyone know where it is and how I can tell if its fubared ?? Cheers
Thanks given by:
You sure he's not thinking about an XUD?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
HDis don't have a stop solenoid.

That's typical of FPR issues as I remember - might need to take it out and clean it.

Or possible electrical gremlins - take apart the plugs at the bottom of the chassis legs on the right hand side looking at the engine bay, clean them up and make sure they've not got water in them - that can cause backfeeding and cause the engine to stay running after the key has been turned off.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Sweet ok will look at this on my next day off :-)

Also daft question where is the fpr ??
Thanks given by:
On the HP pump Wink

Have a quick search, loads of pics explaining where it is Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ok chief thanks
Thanks given by:
Click the link in my sig, should be everything you need to know about the fpr in there.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Any chance you could be a hero and link it here as my iPoo won't let me click it on you're sig cheers en tapatalk, ad am not gunna be anywhere near a laptop for a good 4 days :-(
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-1497.html

There you go bud.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thankyou I may replace this just incase but jut had a poke about and almost certain is the brake switch that the pedal sits on there's a little bit of moisture down there and all the electrics come on when the pedal is up against the switch just having a look it looks like major ball ache to change :-( can't see any way to get to it ??
Thanks given by:
How on earth did it get wet in there lol? No easy way to do it really, you can get it from undermeath or by dropping the steering column and goimg through the square hole exposed there. Tbh if you have spade hands and know how to remove a dash quickly i'd argue that's the quickest way to go about it, I certainly had a hell of a time trying to get my hands in there.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's not wet like soaking just condensation sorta wet just wondering if a mixture of the cold and the rain had worked its way Into the car and right when I get the new switch ill drop the steering Column then and get my mate with child hands to help if I can't get my monkey hands in there
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fuel solenoid happypug 11 3,179 23-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Last Post: happypug