205 Turbo D. GT2052S. Bosch 9mm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 Turbo D. GT2052S. Bosch 9mm
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaawwwwww
Thanks given by:
Yeah boy!
She is all back together,boosting 1.6 bar/ 23 PSI, so not only does it look pretty but it actually holds boost. TongueBig Grin

[Image: Photo0500.jpg]

[Image: Photo0503.jpg]

[Image: Photo0502.jpg]

No sign of the intercooler. ThumbsUp

GT20 is savage. Instant boost, struggling for traction even in 3rd and trying to ra*e the clutch.
Came back from the first test and decided I had better knock the fuel off a bit if I wanted to keep my clutch and driveshafts in one piece, went for another run and then....

[Image: Photo0504.jpg]

BOOM.

Typical XUD self preservation techniques.
It still has all rods intact before you ask.
A bracket from the Bosch was touching the oil filter and pierced it and spoiled my fun for the day but I came away a happy man anyway.
Cut off bracket and new oil/filter on the weekend and she is good to go again.
Thanks given by:
Oh dear! I would advise to get the oil off the timing belt and aux belt asap, because the don't mix very well! Would be nice to see what this makes on a RR, good work chap!
Thanks given by:
Awesome!!!

>Anti rust treament ~ DONE
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Love this, I was worried it had shat a rod for a minute but at least it was only a minor glitch!

I'd love a go in this now, it wasn't 'slow' as standard!
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 05:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: >Anti rust treament ~ DONE

RoflRoflThumbsUpRoflRoflRofl

Shame that but at least you found it before owt serious happened.
Thanks given by:
Wonder how long it lasts till the rods snap or head lifts definitely one way to find out how strong the 1.8 is Wink

Thanks given by:
^^Longer than you will own a vehicle that has one actually fitted I should think.^^
Thanks given by:
[Image: b5033ce70420e681f49bbd38a17408f5.jpg]

On a more serious note though. The turbi your running is the one I want. What are the spool times like?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Lol. ^^

Almost instant mate, So much different to the TD04 I had.
The TD04 doesn't do much till about 2.5K then gets going properly at about 3.25-3.5K then goes like hell till you run out of bravery.
The GT2052s just boosts straight away from no revs and seems to blow long enough that I haven't run out of puff through the range really. You are on boost straight away in the next gear, no waiting like the Scooby 'bine.
It's a bit of fannying about to get that particular one fitted, I did wonder if it was worth it, but it SO is.
Thanks given by:
Christ I thought the engine had blown up! been lucky there!
Thanks given by:
Crikey thats fooking nuts! Never seen a bay like that before haha awesome lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Another conversion from the TD04 fan club to a 21st Century turbo fan club...

Next step; variable nozzle turbos.

But baby steps. You're crawling which is a good start, lets not make you try and run! Haha Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 07:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: Another conversion from the TD04 fan club to a 21st Century turbo fan club...

Next step; variable nozzle turbos.

But baby steps. You're crawling which is a good start, lets not make you try and run! Haha Tongue

I has 1 welder and 3 hammer. What can go wrong?
Thanks given by:
In all fairness I thought td04 but its been done to death. Even turned one down the other day. I will be getting this turbo. No vnts for me sadly. Maybe in a couple of years. Ive got my soare engine ready to build up soon. Cant wait. Smile

You have definitely got.me convinced on this turbo
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Just get the vnt and put a boost can on it.
Set it up and it will be fine!
I did about 2500miles on a boost can with the GTB with a EMP gauge, at cruising it never was above .7bar
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
We will see what things bring after Christmas may be on here asking for advice never set anything like that up. Or even helped set one up for that matter
Thanks given by:
Fitted a new filter and some oil, turned fuel down a bit more, clutch slip not so bad.
Still pretty quick but knowing there is more in it means I will have to fit something better at some point.
Thanks given by:
haha this is brilliant! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Big Grin
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Glad there's no hole in the block. When I first saw that pic my heart sank!
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell!

Thought you'd popped a rod mate! Glad it's something simple! Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I thought it was game over myself when I saw all that oil, couldn't tell where it was from!
Turned it over to see it spewing out the filter where a bracket had fouled from the bosch, should have spotted it really.

It is well chopped off and out of it now anyway, won't be happening again, next time you see that pic it will have properly shat itself.
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 05:44 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Love this, I was worried it had shat a rod for a minute but at least it was only a minor glitch!

I'd love a go in this now, it wasn't 'slow' as standard!

BTW Jordan, if you are up these ways on your travels gizza shout and you are more then welcome to pilot her.

And no it was certainly not slow standard and with just a stage 1 it was a Jack Russel Terrier of a car.
Thanks given by:
Holy shit balls, you're not hanging around with this are you mate?! Fair play to you sir!

The more and more I see of projects like this, the more I feel I need to sack off this hdi malarkey and get an xud back in my life! Wink

Keep up the good work though mate, glad to see the oil slick was only a minor issue!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
CensoredCensoredCensored Clutch slip.CensoredCensoredCensored
Thanks given by:
Tamed clutch slip a bit by taking my tools/jack/logs/rear bench/crap out of it, probably 50kgs of crap there, and filling it with veg.
Drove it around very lightly for a bit and it seems to hold a bit better now when you give it some but will still slip if you take the piss for too long.
May have a new LUK friction plate on the way.
Thanks given by:
Your not filling me with confidence man... And your on a 9mm.. :S
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Yep, 9mm.
Don't need any more fuel it seems, can't even use the potential a 9mm can deliver without it wanting to break something/traction.
Thanks given by:
I'd love a set up like this, reading this makes me want to fit a naughty turbine to mine Smile you still got the xud7 box on there or the 306 one?
Thanks given by:
Original xud7 engine and 'box in there bud.
Thanks given by: