205 Turbo D. GT2052S. Bosch 9mm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 Turbo D. GT2052S. Bosch 9mm
So most of you probably know I bought JJ0063 (Jordan)s 205 D turbo.
Picked it up yesterday, drove it the best part of 150 miles home and instantly knew i would be keeping this car for a long time. I love it. Inlove
It handles far better than I expected it to, pulled really well for a standard tune 1.8 and is literally THE most comfortable Peugeot I have ever driven.
Haven't taken any more pics yet but you have all seen it anyway and it hasn't changed since Jordan had it, probably won't change cosmetically either to be fair, took a while to get the look it has beaten into it so it will most likely remain as is outside.
Under the bonnet is where I want to make changes, and to that end I have a gt20 from a Merc 220 cdi to run with for the meantime whilst I sort out getting a GT22V adapted to fit and work, I intend to send the pump down the West Country for a re-seal, re-build and some mods, including a 10mm head.
Before any of this can happen, after turning up the fuelling and closing up the wastegate earlier, it is apparent that brakes must be first on the list so will be looking at them closely over the next weekend.

Cheersngone!
Thanks given by:
Subscribed!

Great to see this has gone to a good home, can't wait to see what you do to it!
Thanks given by:
Took the old girl to work on Monday because I left the van door open in the rain all night on sunday and didn't fancy a wet arse.
Seeing as it was at work I made it earn its money like the rest of us.

[Image: Photo0428.jpg]

A bit of scrap lead and copper and some wood for the log burner.
Made the rear sit just right.

[Image: Photo0433.jpg]

[Image: Photo0427.jpg]

The epicly comfy interior, this will be staying.

[Image: Photo0430.jpg]

[Image: Photo0431.jpg]

Decided to have a look at the shocking brakes and found the discs and calipers to be in poor condition. These will be replaced as the seals were shot in the calipers, one was sticking on and then the bleed nipple snapped.
Discs look like they had the wrong pads in for a while then the right ones put on but it was too late for them.

[Image: Photo0437.jpg]

[Image: Photo0444.jpg]

[Image: Photo0443.jpg]

Handling is generally pretty good but there is a knocking coming from the n/s strut/spring area that turned out to be shot top mount bearings and bushes and there was a nut/bolt missing from the strut top. (On the right in the pic.) Will be replaced obviously.

[Image: Photo0441.jpg]

Also, binned off the air filter assembly for moar wooshy noisez.

[Image: Photo0438.jpg]

That's as far as I got so far, GT20 should be here tomorrow. That'll keep me quiet for a little while.

List to do so far goes :-

Brake upgrade and overhaul,
Fix top mount issues,
Intercooler fitting,
Wastegate turbo and Bosch pump,
VNT turbo after I learn what I'm doing with it a bit more.

Over n out.
Thanks given by:
How do you accidentally leave a van door open in the rain all night? lol

Looks like it'll be an interesting project though! Smile
Thanks given by:
Dunno how I managed that one TBH Tom, left a window open before but never a whole door. Quiet here so luckily still there full of tools the next day.

So the GT20 turned up.
Didn't realise when I bought it that it was a vacuum operated wastegate actuator, and the compressor housing also had no boost take off, so had to drill and tap one in and find a boost operated actuator. Had one from the TD04 so used it.

[Image: Photo0453.jpg]

Had to weld a bit of an extender to the wastegate arm.

[Image: Photo0454.jpg]

Got all the mounting holes drilled and tapped for the manifold adapter plate, just the big hole in the middle to do now which is a bit of a pain due to the weird turbo intake shape compared to the nice round hole on the manifold but I has a dremel so it will just take time and patience to try and get it to flow nice.

[Image: Photo0455.jpg]

Still need to get oil lines and exhaust elbow sorted before its ready to go but no real rush as I still don't have an intercooler yet.
Thanks given by:
Do the standard oil lines not fit!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No idea yet, haven't looked too far into it TBH.
Did you use standard lines on your 2056?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, well I had to bend mine a bit to reach the gearbox! lol
But I assume you're sticking it down the back!?

Is the turbo hotaide port a sort of oval shape? If so, I drilled two holes overlapping then just ground off the last bits to get my oval!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, this one is going down the back.
Good to know the original lines should fit though.

It is kinda oval yeah, but with straight bits as well. Got an idea to cut it out to match the turbo then shape it with a grinder and dremel on the other side so it isn't so restrictive out of the manifold but still matches both sides. 10mm plate so theres a bit of meat there to play with.
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats what mine was like. So I treated it like two holes then joined them with a straight line grind!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Need to stop buying turbos.

Since buying this car I have bought .

A GT2052s. (Almost ready to fit.)
A GT2052V. (not here yet)
And a GT2256V. (not here yet)

At some point soon, something cool will happen, but a house move is on the cards quite soon and this will obv limit my time available for tooling with cars.

Also, anybody wanna sell me a boost can? Or give me some help/info on how to open a vac can without mullering it?
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks given by:
I used that same turbo on my old 205 and it's now on ash's estate, I cut that v band off the end and welded a normal 3 inch v band on it made more sense than trying to use the original, and to save room I drilled and tapped the manifold to bolt the turbo to it saves the extra few mm of adaptor plate, that said there's loads of room in a 205 so sure you'll be fine with an adapter plater if you still used it.

Thanks given by:
Whatever you do make sure you use one of the vnts!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I am maybe picking up a wee 205 this week and this makes me really excited about the potential!

Will be keeping an eye chap
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wanna sell me your boost can then Piggy? Seeing as you have your fancy pants electronic set up working now?

Tried to open the vac actuator that came with the 52s and had no joy, just wrecked it.
Thanks given by:
Seems like you have some of the turbos I have!

GT2052S
GT2052V
GT2256V
TD04L
TD05G
T2
K14

What GT2052V variant do you have?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Good work! Saw this on ebay days before JJ bought it and thought it looked like a massive shed. Nice to see it being looked after.
Thanks given by:
Audi 2.5 v6 tdi jobby. You got more than me, no fair.
Not too bad of a shed really, handles better than expected and I quite like the tatty look it has. It will be "looked after" to within an inch of its life.
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2014, 08:54 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Audi 2.5 v6 tdi jobby. You got more than me, no fair.
Not too bad of a shed really, handles better than expected and I quite like the tatty look it has. It will be "looked after" to within an inch of its life.

Ah, that ones nicer to fit then the Volvo variant. ThumbsUp
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2014, 08:01 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Wanna sell me your boost can then Piggy? Seeing as you have your fancy pants electronic set up working now?

Tried to open the vac actuator that came with the 52s and had no joy, just wrecked it.

Could do it with a GTB! Haha
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
nice little project
Thanks given by:
Hmm with that turbo collection there's only one option......

...... Fit them all Smile
Thanks given by:
I was also tempted by this

Glad see you giving it some love Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
It has great road work, hope you everything goes well.
Lately vnt are showing a lot of power out, that if the garret gt are also very delicate, not like t2, t04 ect. . .
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the positive comments people.

I now have brakes again and have sorted the strut bearings and bushes and fixed that mounting bolt that had snapped off.
Less knocks and bangs now.
Need to get an XUD9 inlet manifold, preferably a Xantia one, as my current set up has the blower connected straight to the fannymold, sans intercooler. As soon as I have one its turbo time.
VNTs still haven't arrived yet so aren't ready for installation but the gt20s is ready to fit, sort of.
Thanks given by:
Just been given a C15 Citroen van.
Has the same manifold as a Xantia and bigger brakes than mine.
Don't want GTI6 brakes cos then I will need new wheels, speedlines don't fit without faffing and I like the 14" 1.6 GTI wheels that are on it. And no, I'm not putting clones on it, although -40mm is on the cards.
The way I see it, if these brakes are capable of stopping a fully loaded van, capable of carrying up to another 800kg than the vehicle, then they are capable of stopping my lightweight car at speed. Same as my Berlingo brakes which are very good and responsive.
Gonna strip it tomorrow I think.
Thanks given by:
GT2052V Has arrived.
ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Good lad ThumbsUp

Now go fit it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So not very happy with the 52v.
Condition of both blades is good, bearings are good and it isn't leaking oil but the vanes were more than sticky so I opened it up, to find it clogged with soot.

[Image: Photo0458.jpg]

[Image: Photo0457.jpg]

Not great looking at all.
I have cleaned it all up as best as I can and it is working freely again but I dont know how long it will last as the metal on the C.H.R.A is pitted so will most likely collect soot again.

[Image: Photo0461.jpg]

[Image: Photo0462.jpg]

Anybody got any thoughts on this? Will it be alright or is it just going to keep jamming up with crap again and again?
Thanks given by:
What did you clean it with?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by: