Bens bosch conversion dont use the wrong key!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bens bosch conversion dont use the wrong key!
Right got the pump off and will be bolting bits up tomorrow when the woodruff key gets here.

a couple of questions are.

What do i do with the current wiring loom on the lucas? There isnt any where to plug it into on the bosch?

Also the lucus pump spins more freely then the bosch is that right?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
You need to put a live to the stop solenoid I cant remember which pin it is on the Lucas pump and as for the spinning that is correct the Lucas will be easier to turn by hand as its a much smaller pump.
Thanks given by:
You need an ignition live to the stop solenoid, on mine it was the red wire but best to get a multimeter in there, also make sure its an ignition live not the glowplug related one that comes on with the ignition then goes off again after like 20seconds.. Dont know how experienced you are with this so Darrens pump converstion guide pretty much hits the nail on the head Smile have a search for it on youtube
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
D@wson Wrote:You need to put a live to the stop solenoid I cant remember which pin it is on the Lucas pump and as for the spinning that is correct the Lucas will be easier to turn by hand as its a much smaller pump.

Just for clarity here, red wire from the blue plug on the lucas wiring is your switched live and the size of the lucas pump has 100% nothing to do with it being easier to turn, the Lucas CAV and the Bosch VE are different designs of pump although they are both rotary.
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
just making sure i got the order of the injectors correct on the pump?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:just making sure i got the order of the injectors correct on the pump?

Nope, not if you have done the Bosch like that, pretty sure its

1 3
2 4

or similar, pretty certain yours is wrong, the fuel lines only fit in one place unless you bend the hell out of them so its pretty hard to get wrong, can check at lunch though if you like?
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Back in the day this caused me no end of f*cking hassle! Spent a week figuring out something that took all of 5 minutes to change!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well at the moment I can't get the nut in the bottem stud next to the pulley my power steering pump is in the way and not sure how to do it with out taking it off.
Any ideas?

Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Back in the day this caused me no end of f*cking hassle! Spent a week figuring out something that took all of 5 minutes to change!

So does that mean my memory worked and I was right?? or that you can't remember either? lol

oh and if your bored I found this which is full of the most fail in one thread that I seen as far as information goes!

Ben Jay Wrote:Well at the moment I can't get the nut in the bottem stud next to the pulley my power steering pump is in the way and not sure how to do it with out taking it off.
Any ideas?

Half moon spanners Wink

failing that its a nightmare to get to! most people just leave it off but if you can get it on then do!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Well it's pissing down now so stopped for a bit. Spit will be ok with out the bottem nut? I'm also waiting on my woodruff key as the get who I bought it off forgot to give me it.

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:Well it's pissing down now so stopped for a bit. Spit will be ok with out the bottem nut? I'm also waiting on my woodruff key as the get who I bought it off forgot to give me it.

I know a lot of people have been running them without the bottom nut as they are a twunt to get to with no problems but I know Ruan has snapped the bracket recently which could possibly be caused by the extra stress its been under for a long period due to the missing nut or it could be totally random and nothing to do with the missing nut at all. As I say, if you can get it on then fit it, another way to do it is to get an old 13mm spanner and cut it in half Wink

I have 2 brand new Woodruff keys at home as well!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Don't suppose you can send me one? So it can get to me by tomorrow?

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:Don't suppose you can send me one? So it can get to me by tomorrow?

Not a chance mate, I would if I could but they are in my workshop at home and I won't be home from work until half 6 at the earliest sorry Sad
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Any one know if mark has the right order?

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:Any one know if mark has the right order?

Going for lunch now so can check for you Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
From here - http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...sch+firing

It should be ...

2 4
1 3

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
^^ lol

however, further down the same page ruan said its

1 2
4 3

and looking at it at lunch I figured it to be

2 3
1 4

so f*ck knows lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
1 2
4 3

Is the order that the pump fires, not the cylinder that each DV fires to, no? :think: Thats the way I read it anyway lol
Thanks given by:
It doesn't matter what order the pump fires in, it just matter that it goes to the right cylinder
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know, thats my point Tongue
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:1 2
4 3

Is the order that the pump fires, not the cylinder that each DV fires to, no? :think: Thats the way I read it anyway lol

What I looked at on my lunch was cylinder order 1 being the flywheel end but i didn't spend ages staring at it and it was over an hour ago now lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Lol so much confusion here, peugeot have cylinder 1 being flywheel end.

The actual pump ports to cylinder numbers go:

2 4
1 3

but the firing order from the pump ports is:

2 1
3 4

But obviously the pump dosent fire cylinder 1, 2, 3 and 4 after each other, hence the cylinder numbers are different to firing order.
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Lol so much confusion here, peugeot have cylinder 1 being flywheel end.

The actual pump ports to cylinder numbers go:

2 4
1 3

but the firing order from the pump ports is:

2 1
3 4

But obviously the pump dosent fire cylinder 1, 2, 3 and 4 after each other, hence the cylinder numbers are different to firing order.

Thats that then, my head is in pieces today lmao I was close, the lines only fit one way anyway lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG1279.jpg]

That may be of some help to anyone stuck doing the conversion, I wish I had seem something like that 3 years ago.... haha
Thanks given by:
right timing belt is back on.

Now im stuck on getting the aux belt on as its being a pita any tips on it?

also at the back of the pump there is another throttle cable but im unsure what it does any help?

Thanks given by:
Cold start cable
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ahh right. well the end of it is coming undone and wont fit back into the end bit that well. any tips on putting it in?

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:any tips on putting it in?

Lube up.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
right after fighting this thing every thing is bolted on (apart from tmic)

we managed to set the pump advance so it starts but then it dies after 2 seconds.

i think i've bled the system by slakening off the injector lines and turning it on for about 1 min.

i am now all out of ideas.

Thanks given by:
is it timed up correctly?
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas to Bosch Conversion Phase 2 306 DTurbo FrostyHDI 2 1,690 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Dave
  Bosch pump conversion problems Farmer-Glen 16 3,525 16-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Farmer-Glen
  Bosch conversion nightmare sammyb303 11 2,541 04-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Chris_90