106 NAD Progress not Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 NAD Progress not Project
Well after the fail of a BMW I was desperate for a cheap car so straight from scrapping the Beemer I took my crisp fresh 50s up to Lowestoft and bought this 106 1.4 (well 1360cc) n/a diesel with a years MOT on it for £400. Its got nothing on it so theres nothing to go wrong, the only thing i would of liked was power steering.

Here she is on the forecourt.

Apparently it had 50bhp when it left the factory but it struggles refuses to accelerate past 65mph up a slight incline even with my foot flat on the floor.

I think the air filter is clogged but i daren't open the air box till I have a new filter ready to go back in as Im worried what I might find.

I have got my stereo fitted which was a mission as the previous owner had cut the wires so far back in the dash I couldnt get the wire strippers or soldering iron on them to attach a new connector so had to strip half the dash to get the wires. Then when i do find them theres, 2 orange, 2 purple, 2 brown and 2 grey so youd think that it would be one colour per speaker but it isnt. Would of been alot easier with a haynes manual. I do have a pair of 6x9s for the boot though.

The paint on the roof and bonnet looks like its been sandpapered so im gonna hammerite it. On my way home I found that the front wipers were a little short. Ive measured them and they are both 16" and they should be  18" and a 20".

The seats are stupidly small, they only come up to the bottom of my shoulder blades so Poodle is bringing me up a pair of cabriolet front seats today which im gonna make brackets for so they can be 2" further back.

Heres a few pics of how she stands at the moment.

Im not intending to do alot to this as really its a bit tatty for a base but this thread is to keep track of things.

Oh but as the tyres on it are all at about 3mm and perishing I do fancy a set of clones or 205GTi wheels cos if im buying tyres anyway itd be rude not to IMO.
Thanks given by:
Oh and place your bets, will it stay longer than the BMW and will Tae pass her test quick enough to be given this as a birthday present.
Thanks given by:
Need 40mm drop and clones! Haha nah man good starter. I would rat look it lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Need 40mm drop and clones! Haha nah man good starter. I would rat look it lol
TBH i think 60mm would be alright.
Thanks given by:
Haha would look epic Wink
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Haha would look epic Wink
A 106 looking epic? Don't think so somehow
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Matt Wrote:Haha would look epic Wink
A 106 looking epic? Don't think so somehow

Leave it too dum too prove you wrong Tongue
Thanks given by:
1360cc and no turbo? Are you sure its not a petrol TU lol.....

I thought saxos and 106s both use the 1.5NAD?? :?
Thanks given by:
You were in lowestoft?! i recognize that garage!! should of said mate would of come down
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:1360cc and no turbo? Are you sure its not a petrol TU lol.....

1.4 L (1361 cc) TUD3 Diesel I4, 52 PS (38 kW)

Smile
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:1360cc and no turbo? Are you sure its not a petrol TU lol.....

1.4 L (1361 cc) TUD3 Diesel I4, 52 PS (38 kW)

Smile

:o It has an extra cc!!!!!

Is that just a petrol 1.4 with a diesel injector where the spark plug would've been then? Confusedhock: :? Spose its an easy engine design if thats the case lol.
Thanks given by:
Nah tom it's a whole different head.
Thanks given by:
Dum how often are you in lowestoft? lol

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Nah tom it's a whole different head.

Ah ok fair enough, seems odd they'd go to all that effort for a 50bhp deisel, cant even imagine the mpg is good at anything over 30mph either!! And the tax wouldve been the same as the quicker petrol version too...just seems like a pointless engine choice for peugeot really. :?
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Dum how often are you in lowestoft? lol
As infrequently as possible.

I hate east angular.
Thanks given by:
lowestoft is terrible granted, Beccles is lovely though Wink

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Mpg on these nads is brilliant, the one I'm using has managed over 700 miles to one 40 liter tank.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Chris Wrote:Mpg on these nads is brilliant, the one I'm using has managed over 700 miles to one 40 liter tank.

What speed is that though, must be pushing it hard to drive at a constant 60mph??
Thanks given by:
Mixed driving, mine (1.5) will happily cruse along at 70/80.
Thanks given by:
They're shit slow 0-60 but if your after a nippy car, you don't buy these.

If your after some decent savings on tax, insurance, fuel and servicing...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
No savings to be made here on insurance. They had a extra fiver out of me for 2 months.
Thanks given by:
I think my insurance may be difficult as it dosent have an alarm or immobiliser
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:The seats are stupidly small, they only come up to the bottom of my shoulder blades so Poodle is bringing me up a pair of cabriolet front seats today which im gonna make brackets for so they can be 2" further back.

TBH I'm surprised you're not having to stick your head out the sunroof! lol

Dum-Dum Wrote:Oh and place your bets, will it stay longer than the BMW and will Tae pass her test quick enough to be given this as a birthday present.

Birthday present?! Poor girl....
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Nah I used To have a 106 and I could just fit in there!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
mmmmm, should never have sold the cab.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^^ Go back to the HDI- should never have sold that!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:lowestoft is terrible granted, Beccles is lovely though Wink
Beccles was nice enough. Stopped at the BP there and one of the birds was lovely. As I say Im just not an east angular fan although with house prices like they are I may have to get over my irrational fear of not being within 5 miles of a motorway.

Kimmie Wrote:TBH I'm surprised you're not having to stick your head out the sunroof! lol
It dosent have one LOL

Toms306 Wrote:Ah ok fair enough, seems odd they'd go to all that effort for a 50bhp deisel, cant even imagine the mpg is good at anything over 30mph either!! And the tax wouldve been the same as the quicker petrol version too...just seems like a pointless engine choice for peugeot really. :?
Not everything is about power though. These genuinely do 70mpg+ on the motorway for some people and if thats all your worried about then their amazing

Niall Wrote:Nah I used To have a 106 and I could just fit in there!
Ill be fine with the new seats in and moved back 2 inches
Thanks given by:
new seats, clones or gti alloys wanted? not a project? tish, who ya tryin to kid.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I erckon it would look great with some wolfrace dragons on it! ;-) I've got a set of cyclones in ipswich
Thanks given by:
Can I just confirm my 1.5 n/a d will happily exceed the national speed limit given a long enough run-up, and so far everyone who's driven it has commented on how much of a laugh it is. Yes its tragically slow, but you can chuck it into corners, its ridiculously cheap to fuel (I get 55+ mpg and I drive it like I stole it everywhere) and if it gets a few carpark dinks who cares?!

Imo perfect 2nd car. Which is why even though I now have the 6 back, I'm driving the nad to work all this week*

Unless we see some sustained sunshine ninja
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project. mcglynn 139 68,204 31-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Allistairc123
  My Nile 6' Project/Progress (New zorst vid pg.9) Midnightclub 329 124,931 19-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Small progress... laurence_13 23 8,672 10-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Last Post: 1616six