Turbo upgrade

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo upgrade
Wink 
Right im considering a turbo upgrade for my dturbo. It currently has a Garret t2.

Im thinking on a garret t25 for more power? Ive been told it uses the same oil line and is a great turbo for the job.

What do i all need to get this turbo fitted and whats involved ?
Thanks given by:
Despite this topic being covered all over the forum before >

You'll need to make up adaptor plates to fit anything but the original turbo

The T25 is old hat nowadays, won't be spooling till past 3k revs

You can pick up a much more modern and better turbo these days for relatively little money

A gt20 series garrett or vnt would be ideal - but will require a set of arp headstuds and probably a paddle clutch too - not to mention some beefier rods.

A TD04 might be a good middle ground, better than a T25, and paired with a set of hdi rods, should see you a safe 170/180 bhp.

If you pick one up with a smallish hotside they're quite spool happy, can be found on turbo diesel engines as well as subaru.

there are lots of other turbos too, so don't be afraid to think outside the box a little.

Flexible high pressure oil lines can be made up by a hydraulic place for around £20-30

Recommend ditching the standard down pipe elbow too and going for a custom 2.5inch mated to your current system
Thanks given by:
^^^what he sed
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just get a really shiny one.

Oh yeah,^^^ what he said.
Thanks given by:
Thanks zx_ volcane for the help. well things seem alot clearer now .

What about a turbo out off a 110bhp bora or toledo or even ome from a 2.2 vectra.
Thanks given by:
Do you have a bosch and front mount on it. If not ya may do that 1st or its a waste of time.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 07:08 PM)Owen_G_ Wrote: Thanks zx_ volcane for the help. well things seem alot clearer now .

What about a turbo out off a 110bhp bora or toledo or even ome from a 2.2 vectra.

They are probably just GT15s, maybe vnts, but not really an upgrade.

Do some research on the turbo you want then find what cars its on
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 08:13 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(17-09-2014, 07:08 PM)Owen_G_ Wrote: Thanks zx_ volcane for the help. well things seem alot clearer now .

They are probably just GT15s, maybe vnts, but not really an upgrade.

Do some research on the turbo you want then find what cars its on

Yeah they are all forms of gt15s.. I think the VAG unit is known as a vnt15 but yeah. Waste of effort lol
Thanks given by:
most vags are gt1749va etc, so would be a ballache to setup properly, personally, id just go td04/gt20, the t25 dosent even start to spool until about 3k, I've had 2, I also had a t2-t25 hybrid, and that was a brilliant turbo, underrated imo.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replys, I was thinking of a t25 but if they dont spool till 3k its no good to me.

Seen a few td04's of subarus but some descriptions arent good. are they all the same and good enough for the job ?
Thanks given by:
not all the same, some are bigger, and some have an odd intake, which are no good for an xud car
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbo upgrade clayton306 4 1,375 10-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Last Post: clayton306
  turbo upgrade td04l ingham66 uk 6 2,520 24-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3
  Good turbo upgrade Rod1TDi 15 2,249 10-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Kwik