Good turbo upgrade

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good turbo upgrade
Hi guys.

I've got a 306 d turbo and I think the turbo may be on the way out so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a better turbo I can fit.

The car is standard but I'm swapping the lucas pump with a Bosch item and ill be winding the boost up.

The intercooler is a standard TMIC.

Thanks in advance for the help
Thanks given by:
Have a browse through the XUD section, there's plenty of turbo threads in there to read.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Or the projects, see what others have done
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Research buddy
Thanks given by:
What do you want to spend? Do you want an easy job or a complicated and thoroughly rewarding one? Do you want VNT and the associated faff of electronics and linkages or an internal wastegate?

Do you want something tried and tested or do you want to jump into the unknown and try something new? You could do what I did, be original and spend a fortune on trial and error, or you could play it safe with a certain Td blower that a lot of people use, are reliable and with ready made fitting kits.

Do you want a blower with epic low down torque, or do you want one that works on a gov modded screaming 6krpm engine?

So many questions, and even more answers. Even the standard car came with four different turbos with VERY different characteristics.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have a look through my project thread.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I have a proven 177bhp bolt on td04 turbo kit with tuned Bosch pump for £290 posted if interested in that.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^^ get this and your sorted
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If only i had the cash, Im only just back in work after a while of unemployment.

Ive got a cam belt, set of tyres and suspension on the list aswel as a new turbo so I need to do it little by little Sad

Thanks for the offer though

Nice ph1 btw Jake. Ph1 are the best Wink
Thanks given by:
If its just a simple hastle free turbo you want then go for a t2 imo! Make sure its good and tight and preferably of a standard car, like a 405 that some old persons drove! Although as long as it looks good and shaft is tight it will be fine. After stock turbo its really your own choice! Take a look through threads!
Thanks given by:
In all honestly it depends what you want from the car, if you want something amazingly responsive round town at low revs then the late OEM gt15 is a good plan. If you wanna run a crazy franken-pump then you could fit something ridiculous off a truck and then you have all the options inbetween.
Thanks given by:
I don't want to go too big. Im just after something to give the power a bit of a boost. The t2 sounds like a good idea, its readily available after all.

What are the gt15's off originally? Is there much between the t2 and gt15?
Thanks given by:
GT15 is a fragile one, and tiny. They were fitted to late Dturbo's just before they went to the hdi.

If you want power, and simple to bolt on, get a TD04 with some adaptor plates from CJ. I've gone for a GT2052, don't think it will make TD04 power, but it gives a nice shove when on boost.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help guys.
Thanks given by:
Cambelt and tyres can wait lol
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
GT15's ain't fragile just when people run boost levels upwards of 20psi/1.4bar on them they shit themselves.

Mine is at 1bar and seriously is alot more driveable then a t2/k14 at the same pressure as it's way more efficient and modern.

TD04's are good but need a gov mod to utilise them properly where a gt2052 starts producing boost lower down so makes car more drivable normally

But as said is what you want in a turbo that matters. I would say whatever you do try and go modern as possible and look for something off a diesel rather then a petrol motor.

Just my 2p lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Turbo upgrade Owen_G_ 10 2,584 18-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Last Post: padge
  Turbo upgrade clayton306 4 1,375 10-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Last Post: clayton306
  turbo upgrade td04l ingham66 uk 6 2,520 24-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3