Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD
Love it dave! Cant wait to go for a spin in it unfortunately I cannot make FCS but will defo arrange to come down your neck of woods one weekend soon!
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How the actual f*ck have I missed this thread?! This is an excellent absolutely epic build mate, massive respect to you for your work! Just spent what felt like hours reading through the thread, makes me want to do something very similar to mine! I just haven't got the knowledge, money or time at the moment to accomplish anything even remotely close to this. Would I also be able to get my name on the list for a passenger experience? Big Grin lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The tall end of 6th gear pushing 5.5k. Blower doesn't even start to do anything until around 4.5-5k. Ignore the knocking that's just my ipp gauge come loose and attacking the dash.

[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That sounds mental!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Sweet!! Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
so glad i finally saw this in the flesh. Heart
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Great to see alot of you at fcs, thanks for a few who peer pressured me and donated a few funds to put it on dyno haha! I was rather miffed that it just bogged the entire time, the dyno guy actually let me have a 4th run which I thought was good (with the vnt connected, but unfortunately no boost controller so opening at 14psi stock actuator boost), but this also failed by literally falling off midway during the run, rendering the gt22 useless, and in the same situation as the first 3 runs Sad

I've looked at the graph, and you can clearly make out when this happens; I'de love to do another run with it securely in place, and with a boost controller holding it at a decent boost rather than just 15, but sadly no time/money and with 4 weeks left in the UK I doubt i'll get another chance, hence putting it on at fcs. the red green and pink are the first 3 runs, and blue is obviously vnt run.
[Image: IMAG0551_zps9380fbfd.jpg]
something dodgy going on with their rpm readings too lol, my gov certainly isnt 5,200 :p

(27-07-2013, 09:48 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: so glad i finally saw this in the flesh. Heart

lol thanks, its in a terrible state though! could have propared much better for fcs but didnt think I was going/going to take motor until about a day before! Shame I didnt get to meet you! I saw you, but didnt know it was you, if you get what I mean haha!
Thanks given by:
What the hell? That dyno graph looks like ive gone at a bit of paper with the crayons after a few beers!

Good meeting you mate and i did love everyones reaction when you opened the boot with all that smoke. "Does he have his exhaust coming out the boot? .....Oh hold on, its just an electrical fire!"
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
thats the messiest dyno graph I have ever seen! lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Where are you going Dave? Travelling? The dyno guy looked pretty useless in your YT video, bogging it down almost straight away every pull. :/
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 09:19 PM)Niall Wrote: What the hell? That dyno graph looks like ive gone at a bit of paper with the crayons after a few beers!

Good meeting you mate and i did love everyones reaction when you opened the boot with all that smoke. "Does he have his exhaust coming out the boot? .....Oh hold on, its just an electrical fire!"

Yeh great meeting you too Big Grin lol my cigarette lighter socket doesnt work, so I had an unfused lead to a couple of crocodile clips on the end of a loose lighter socket so I could charge my phone on the way, unfortunately I took my car for a blast, and my passenger seat slid forward fusing these two crocodile clips together, and the weakest bit of wire was in the boot and melted through everything! hmmm these simple solutions...

(01-08-2013, 09:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: thats the messiest dyno graph I have ever seen! lmao

yeh it is, notice the loop the loops! apparently I can now time travel, seems they must use a shitty smoothing technique which has too gain on it!

(01-08-2013, 09:49 PM)silverzx Wrote: Where are you going Dave? Travelling? The dyno guy looked pretty useless in your YT video, bogging it down almost straight away every pull. :/

yeh travelling bud Big Grin thailant/india/laos/combodia/vietname top gear style and then jumping to oz. To be fair to the dyno guy, he doesnt know when to plant it, the turbo only just spools to ra*e psi if you know how to drive it, and also there is no LDA... bit of a bad combination I think :p
Thanks given by:
It was great to see this car after months admiring the thread. I heard a few people saying "it's that Darren J Lobbs car" so tempted to correct them.
I used those guys last year and they where crap then, even when I said don't fully floor it till 3k he still planted it way before, plus no fans either.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Loved seeing the car and watching it on the dyno.
Awesome travel plans man, I did Thailand Laos Vietnam and oz on my trip if you need any advice/pointers
Thanks given by:
Sweeeet one! You going with a specific company or you arranging all the flights/accommodation etc in advance / on the go?

Something I'd love to do next year!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
sort it out man...this could be so win when fully setup.
just sepnt evening reading and learning about compound setups...then looking at this thread...
I jealous. i envy. Iwant.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wink 
Not really an update but a video I managed to badger my dad into getting haha.

I've been out of the UK for just over 6 months now, and missing anything engine related like buggery! Wish I could step into my back yard and start pulling it to bits again Wink

The chassis is pretty mange now, I see mold on the steering wheel, theres a huge crack down the windowscreen, so I doubt R258MEH will be on the road again (not when mot'd chassis can be picked up for cheap), but first things first the block will be going into something else XUD powered....
tata loadbeta, vitara, zx, 605, or a 306. Either way the block will be used in something, but no idea when i'll be back to the UK.... plus most of the fun is putting epic amounts of engine into something that's otherwise stock Big Grin

cheersngone
Thanks given by:
Classic dadcam
Thanks given by:
Started better than the morning of fcs glad you gonna put the engine into somet else last time we spoke you were gonna scrap it
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Love the video...by his accent, are you Colin Furze? Haha!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Dave, I didnt think your dad could exceed the hero levels from the black and decker inicident...however...that video has just exceeded. lol!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I think im seeing this thread for the first time! That graph is amazing! I thought someone was taking the mickey at first! D:
Thanks given by:
That was an epic video.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Haha quality dadcam!!
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That is quality lmao

Need to get the mold off that wheel yuk !
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Did this guy just stop doing stuff with this crazy setup haha?
Thanks given by:
Travelling the world instead, i believe.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Dave lives in some sort of tropical paradise now and I don't think he'll be fixing the xud any time soon.
Thanks given by:
And I scrapped the car so I suppose that's the end!
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 04:24 AM)Sambarker Wrote: And I scrapped the car so I suppose that's the end!

shame it had to go, was almost worth keeping just for the numberplate
Thanks given by:
Plate was sweet lol, like Sam says, he's got all Dave's shinys ready to live again, he won't sell them me either lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build darrenjlobb 559 228,712 21-01-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  XSI Twin Turbo PugLee 89 34,898 04-10-2018, 08:12 PM
Last Post: PugLee
Thumbs Up (SHOW TIME )project number 3 twin turbo ( SHOW TIME ) pioneer DJ paddy 77 30,430 28-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Last Post: pioneer DJ paddy