brake pads!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brake pads!
You're just jelly of my awesome brakes.

Standard DT brakes are f*cking win mate. Awesome brakes sir.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Matty Wrote:You're just jelly of my awesome brakes.

Standard DT brakes are f*cking win mate. Awesome brakes sir.
your still on standard brakes? WTF

the power you got surely an upgrade is needed!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes, I am.

Drums + 247mm.

FTMFW.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
Thanks given by:
Matty Wrote:Yes, I am.

Drums + 247mm.

FTMFW.
drums + 266mm.

FTMFW
Thanks given by:
They're the little drums on DTs aswell arent they!? lmao

I had better brakes on a 1.4..... lol
Thanks given by:
Come on man. You know its 247mm is where it's at. Live on the risky side of life. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:They're the little drums on DTs aswell arent they!? lmao

Mine has the larger drums :-)
Thanks given by:
Matty Wrote:Come on man. You know its 247mm is where it's at. Live on the risky side of life. Tongue

No ABS either is there? That was 'shit your pants' braking in the miami....247s, little drums and no ABS.....oh and 13" skinny tyres :o

Infact after a brown trouser moment in that car thats when I decided I wanted a ph3 with 266s, big drums, ABS and EBD! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:They're the little drums on DTs aswell arent they!? lmao

Mine has the larger drums :-)

Fair enough, I suppose thats slightly better then! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Drums are more efficient than disks :-P
I can lock the rear up with a flick of the handbrake no troubles :-) and as fooby would know disks can't usually lock the rears with ease
Thanks given by:
Rear discs are gash on the 306; drum handbrakes are far more effective and dont sieze on when youve been out for a rag lol!!

I didnt do the brake pads change myself last time round; so didnt check what calipers mine were. I just searced through my svc history and found the demontweeks receipt for brembo discs and mintex 1144 pads and rung up and bought the same again!

Tbh I'll be buying em again for sure, I really do rate them. I currently dont even think i need anything better, but if i get fade when i eventually take it on track I'll look at 55s. for now there is NO need though lol.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
On a serious point though. There is a lot of 247mm bashing, and I can see why when compared to gti's/266mm brakes etc. But there not the end of the world in my opinion. They stop me pretty well anyway, and I enjoy my boost a lot.
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Drums are more efficient than disks :-P
I can lock the rear up with a flick of the handbrake no troubles :-) and as fooby would know disks can't usually lock the rears with ease

Locking is NOT what you want though! :? That just causes skidding and traction loss.......not ideal for stopping. lol
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Drums are more efficient than disks :-P

Locking is NOT what you want though! :? That just causes skidding and traction loss.......not ideal for stopping. lol
I know but I Could if I wanted to...
Thanks given by:
Matty Wrote:Come on man. You know its 247mm is where it's at. Live on the risky side of life. Tongue

Think of the weight saving Big Grin

You have spent too much time around Dave lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
247mm's are okay if you don't stick shit pads in them, I was pretty happy with my 247's with M1144's, even with a solid disc, right up until I cracked them going through a big icy puddle with the discs glowing red...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:247mm's are okay if you don't stick shit pads in them, I was pretty happy with my 247's with M1144's, even with a solid disc, right up until I cracked them going through a big icy puddle with the discs glowing red...

lmao you are fit with nothing! Nowt like taking things to their limits though!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I blame the feckin' durty diseasal that pulled out on me.

Drums are lighter than discs too Wink
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:

Think of the weight saving Big Grin

You have spent too much time around Dave lol

Evidently! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best brake fluid and pads? JTaylor2005 19 4,631 19-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Pgtips
  Back brake pads. Moonwalker 14 2,556 14-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Brake pads??? conorpierce 7 1,566 07-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Last Post: PartyJas