project number 2 twin turbo :-) how she looks now (-:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
project number 2 twin turbo :-) how she looks now (-:
Video 
So got a good respones from the car shows over here with my gearbox mounted turbo bt its nt a nuf nw i want more lol :-) so thinking of goin twin turbo would be cool to look at and should go like shit of a shovel lol :-) any way nt starting for a nother few weeks bt heres sum pics of  wat i have done so fare and its just a ruff ider :-)[attachment=18072][attachment=18071][attachment=18070][attachment=18069][attachment=18068][attachment=18067][attachment=18066][attachment=18065]
Thanks given by:
Oh yes another epic paddy project! Should be finished tomorrow? ! Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Paddys at it again!! Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lol stand back its about to get messy :-) useing the tdo4 turbo for my frist turbo but not sure wat to use for my 2nd turbo any iders guys :-)
Thanks given by:
If your primary turbo is going to be a TD04 i'd expect the secondary to be a TD06. Tongue

Doesn't look like that'll fit too well in a bay, will be interesting to see if/when you drop it in!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Want a smaller turbo really than the td04.....

Is this twin turbo or compound?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
...or sequential?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 09:27 AM)Piggy Wrote: Want a smaller turbo really than the td04.....

Is this twin turbo or compound?

(31-07-2014, 12:09 PM)Poodle Wrote: ...or sequential?

Its one on top the other guys... Durrhhh
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=18078][attachment=18079] if i move the main manifold pipe i think i could fit it in lol ;-) bt we will see . So wat 2 turbos would you run piggy i need help lol wat price would a tdo6 be

[attachment=18078][attachment=18079]

if i move the main manifold pipe i think i could fit it in lol ;-) bt we will see . So wat 2 turbos would you run piggy i need help lol wat price would a tdo6 be
Thanks given by:
The combination of turbos is endless.

If your not going VNT then a small TD04 & moderate TD05 could work.

Ideally you want your primary (smaller) turbo to be a quickish spooler (GT series comes to mind).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Gt15 for primary. Td05 for secondary.

Simple and cheap. And very effective.
.i would do it as a compound setup too.

Good way to blow the head off mind
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
A gt15 and td05 would be a disaster compound setup....have you looked at the compressor maps.......???
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Errrr.... Gt15 and a td05 would be a hilariously bad combo... Has anyone read into how compounding works...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
'darrenjlobb'
A gt15 and td05 would be a disaster compound setup....have you looked at the compressor maps.......???

No nt yet darren wat are they nw was lookin to do it sumthing like your 306 bt nt just as fancy because im nt ritch lol :-)

[quote='Ruan' pid='458727' dateline='1406841510']
Errrr.... Gt15 and a td05 would be a hilariously bad combo... Has anyone read into how compounding works...

No havent looked at that yet ether lol i was just goin to go stabing in the dark at it and hope it works :-)
Thanks given by:
I'm not rich either I'm a farmer lol.....read up on compounding...you just want to flow enough air from the big blower to allow the primary to sit in its peak flow area (which will be at a lower pressure ratio) but still making higher boost pressure because of the poitivr primary intake pressure. A gt15 would be out of glow before the td05 is fully spooled.
Sorry reply typed on phone
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
'darrenjlobb'
I'm not rich either I'm a farmer lol.....read up on compounding...you just want to flow enough air from the big blower to allow the primary to sit in its peak flow area (which will be at a lower pressure ratio) but still making higher boost pressure because of the poitivr primary intake pressure. A gt15 would be out of glow before the td05 is fully spooled.
Sorry reply typed on phone

.................................................................................................................................................i will check out the compounding then darren is there any forms or threads about on here showing diagrams i understand better that way lol nt brill on the old reading like :-) were did u get them feed pipes for ur turbos to they look handy :-)
Thanks given by:
[attachment=18091][attachment=18090][attachment=18089]

So this is turbo compounding am i right :-)
Thanks given by:
Indeed it is, but simply blowing one turbo isnt the other is just the "physical" arrangement, but the key to compounding is the flow characteristics of each turbo, or else you will just end up "raping" one turbo, or barely utilizing the other...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
If you want to look at compounding go and find the cutaway diagram of the turbos on the BMW 123d and the 335d as they are really well laid out with all the bypasses in place and theres lots of good pics of it on the internet.

Actually the 123d set up could work well on one of these as they run 200bhp standard out a 2l engine and are tunable to nearly 300bhp
Thanks given by:
For the record, they don't truly compound, Chris...

They're a compound-sequential setup...

They only compound until the big turbo is up to speed - it's not designed to produce insane pressures, more reduce lag on an engine with a larger turbocharger. That's why they have the bypass valves in place to stop the smaller turbo from being worked at high engine speeds. They do have a very small primary turbo and quite a large secondary turbo, hence they only compound for a short period of time.

Unless you understand how to properly read compressor maps and understand the relationship between boost, flow and pressure ratios - trying to size turbochargers is a nightmare... That's before even beginning to understand how turbine flow will affect this. I don't really 100% understand it at times, it's such a minefield.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Sorry. I didnt mean td05, I meant td04.

There is much better setups of course but Im thinking what maybe cheap and easy for him to get his hands on
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
There is much better setups of course but Im thinking what maybe cheap and easy for him to get his hands on

------------------------------------------------------------'''''-''-----------------------------------

Ye cost is a problem lol this will be a low cost project bt hopfully will work just as good i hope :-)

Shoud i use to tdo4 turbos or 1 tdo4 with the turbo i all ready have :-)
Thanks given by:
Oh Paddy, use the Quote button dude, saves you copy and pasting and having to type a load of lines. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
The 123d turbos are on ebay for £340 BINOBO with £15 P&P http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-Bmw-1seri...4ad7ff0526
Thanks given by:
[attachment=18106][attachment=18105][attachment=18104][attachment=18103][attachment=18102][attachment=18101]

Had look throgh sum turbos at my work and here is wat i found any of these any good for my job :-)
Thanks given by:
You work in a breakers? just go out and find the biggest lorry one you can find.

couple that to a decent sized vnt

weld the lot up and see what happens.

Pretty sure thats what Dave did.

and take pictures Wink i do like the 'lets weld it and see approach' exactly how I look at things.

though if you want to find the ultimate setup...as most people have said, you'll need to look more at compressor maps, etc etc
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell Paddy, how many turbo's do you want!

The Iveco one's are usually good!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
That last one, the vnt15 would dk nicely as a primary!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ye piggy was thinkin that so maybe use vnt 15 and a td04 turbo shoud be anuf wat u thing goin to read up on compounding to night and see hw i get on lol
Thanks given by:
Paddy. Just keep welding turbos together until just before you can't shut the bonnet!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,106 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,128 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,758 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01