Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy*
(11-10-2014, 07:16 PM)newdirtyb Wrote:
(10-08-2014, 11:47 AM)Janne L Wrote: From a couple of months back:

This was before i did any chassis alignement, so basically, the car was too low, had zero camber, and 15mm toe in, it was eating tires like, a tire eating machine!

Nifty little racer!

What's the current config?
Current setup is maximum camber possible with these top mounts, should be around - 3deg, I have a note of the measurements in my little black book.
A few mm total toe out (2-3mm measured @16" rim)
and I've raised it up to about - 20mm from original height to keep the control arms below horizontal level.

I'm thinking about making some extensions for the steering arms and lower ball joint to let me lower it a bit more while still keeping the roll center above the tarmac :-)

(11-10-2014, 07:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: Those RSRs and the "cracks"...thats normal and safe and will be 100% fine. Part of the moulding.

How good are they REALLY?? Heard a lot of good reviews about them...esp at half the cost of r888s
I gave some thoughts on them earlier in this thread I believe.
As long as you find the correct pressure for your car / setup / weather I found them to perform great!
I've had 888s before, when the car was stock, and without taking price into account, the toyos are a bit grippier and have stiffer side walls, but the federals are not far behind at all, especially if you are not trying to squeeze that final tenth of a second around the track I'd go with federals any day of the week.
I am interested in the new nankang ns2r though :-)
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Sv: RE: The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy* - by Janne L - 11-10-2014, 09:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 rallye trackday project twangy 383 181,116 19-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  FXZ Steve's China HDi - Daily Driver (Picture Heavy) FXZ Steve 17 3,957 19-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Last Post: FXZ Steve