FXZ Steve's China HDi - Daily Driver (Picture Heavy)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FXZ Steve's China HDi - Daily Driver (Picture Heavy)
So here's my little 2001 306 2.0 HDi Meridian, was fortunate enough to pick up one in my favourite colour, that being the china blue Smile

Pay no attention to the Yankie Candle air freshener as it came with the car, along with £1.55... and a button (win).

Here is how she stood the day I took it home:

[Image: sv3nls.jpg]
[Image: 2utjki9.jpg]
[Image: vpys5i.jpg]

First little addition to the car was a set of 5dr Team Heko Wind Deflectors for the driver and passenger windows:

[Image: zk4ysm.jpg]

Then the interior & exterior of the car cleaned thoroughly along with a full hand glaze then polish (time consuming but worth it), in an attempt of removing any signs of previous owners which wasn't too hard, and a bit of leather repairing with some cleaner and auto glym leather balm (better pictures of this at bottom of post):

[Image: 166t69.jpg]

Next edition i believe was the fog lights tinted to yellow/gold with Granville Amber Light (£5 off ebay) along with Phase 3 headlamp protectors (provided by RetroPug; thanks again mate Wink ) ps. The saw mask idea is from a post i had seen on the forum in the selling section and had to do it because its genius so if you're that guy , write below and i'll be sure to credit you Smile :

[Image: 1zpsjzm.jpg]

Next addition I believe is the black grill badge and in my opinion sets the front off very nice, a laguna splitter that i bought today off a guy in town which i'm quite happy with (still waiting on my bootlock badge which is black with a carbon fibre lion):
And if you're wondering about the tow hook charm, he's called Archie.. don't ask.. -.-'

[Image: 91kpsk.jpg]

Some may think this is silly but its another little subtle addition to the front of the car, you only notice it when up close and i'm pleased with how it turned out (Spirit of Competition sticker):

[Image: 107rkgj.jpg]
[Image: 125rio4.jpg]

I also had mudflaps installed with little china blue lions but they got on my nerves and weren't quite what i wanted, so if anyone wants them pm me and we'll work something out Smile (these are no longer on the car):

[Image: ny5qbk.jpg]
[Image: v33x2h.jpg]

Just to mention the nightbreaker lights have all been fitted along with osram sidelights , fitments i believe are H7 for both and W5W for the sidelights.

So i pulled out the proper camera today after i got the splitter fitted to get a better idea of how the car currently looks:

[Image: 2zzia6u.jpg]
[Image: 287g5lj.jpg]
[Image: 2igdv1i.jpg]
[Image: 2dvohno.jpg]
[Image: sxdfdg.jpg]
[Image: 24vjodz.jpg]
[Image: ra7tiw.jpg]
[Image: 1zbs2ma.jpg]
[Image: 2rg24yf.jpg]
[Image: 2427l01.jpg]
[Image: 2ugcdaf.jpg]
[Image: aadfu8.jpg]
[Image: 2w40mxv.jpg]

Thanks for taking the time to look at it, more plans for it.. Alloys (not yet decided) and thinking about remapping aswell, will keep you all posted on any progress made Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks good bud, but whats the fascination with you Irish lot and those plates? Never understood it myself, is that how Irish plates come as standard? Whats wrong with good old fashioned Charles Wright font? lol

Does look like it needs a good bash with the lowering stick, but please don't ruin it by going 4 nicks on the back and having it drag its backside around...nice bit of front rake, maybe 40-60mm at the front should set it off just nice. Wink

Keep up the good work though pal, look forward to seeing more. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah its just something thats done here Tongue mine came on the car tho, got it off my uncle who is a private dealer and they're the plates he puts on them all Smile i would of got the same font made tho Tongue

As for lowing i don't really plan on lowering her for quite some time, i'll be on a lot of country roads.. and i mean bad roads.. lol, and it'll be used daily.. so after a while ill have no tailbone if its lowered Tongue but i'll more than likely change my mind, and im trying to keep insurance cheap because they crack down on people with R plates.. so not worth it for me yet..

As for wheels, thinking cyclones sprayed a light bmw silver but thinking of spraying the calipers a colour similar to this:

[Image: DSC00700.jpg]

Not set in stone yet tho Smile
Thanks given by:
Current additions to the car:

Full Leather and Interior Clean/Repair
Hand Glaze and Polish
Headlamp Protectors
Yellow Fog Lights
Osram Nightbreakers Fitted
Black Front Badge
Bootlock Badge Black/Carbon Lion
Laguna Front Splitter
Tow Charm
Spirit of Competition Vinyl on corner of bonnet
Super Bright LED Numberplate Lights for rear
Rally Style Mudflaps front and back
OCD Clean Vinyls for smaller portion of back passenger windows

Plans as of now (due to change)

GTi Spoiler in China or Black/Carbon
Debadged Boot lid and sides
Footwell Lighting
Bright white interior lights
Stage 1 Remap
Cyclone Alloys Refurbed to a light BMW type silver
Current Alloys Refurbed to Black/Grey
Break Calipers Sprayed Purple
Decat/Backcat and get this exhaust built (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqcyZK0Zwvk)
If anyone has any details about that exact exhaust please let me know Smile
Full Service (Apparently is was served not long before i received the car but want to do it for my own piece of mind)

Happy to hear opinions and criticisms Smile More updates to come.

Thanks for reading.
Thanks given by:
Looking clean mate Smile
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2014, 08:47 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Looking clean mate Smile

Thanks Retro Smile
Thanks given by:
What is it with you irish boys and mud flaps.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
A lot of bad country roads that I'll be on , I find them appealing Tongue think it sets of the back of the car nicely, and no complaints about chipping stones up on windscreens when overtaking :p

Oh, and s16 blue carpet aswell, if anyone is selling please comment Wink
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2014, 08:52 AM)silverzx Wrote: What is it with you irish boys and mud flaps.

Hey dont stereotype I have no mudflaps on mine lol

Where abouts in northern ireland you from steve?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bessbrook mate Smile outside newry , what about you?
Thanks given by:
Way up north in ballymoney mate. You should get a stage one map on it makes a world of difference
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats the plan mate, know any reputable fellas in the north ? or did you get a map online and do it yourself? thats what i think ill do
Thanks given by:
Get the map of one of the guys on here ( jammapic, prosteve or mrwhippy).

I got mine off jammapic and the result was great completely changed the car
Thanks given by:
Can you explain the difference you felt? Tongue like.. just to put it into perspective for me?
Thanks given by:
Just much smoother mate and doesnt run out of puff as quick up the rev range. I also noticed an increase in mpg. It just feels much nicer to drive
Thanks given by:
Would it be much quicker?
Thanks given by:
Well it will be in around 125-130bhp depending on supporting mods. Not a quick car by any means, but quicker lol
Thanks given by:
So what kinda cars would that compare to? like common dailys..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Highland 306 XUD9 Daily Driver Phulleyable 2 1,791 16-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Orta
  Stage 2 China HDI daily deggerz 19 6,507 28-02-2017, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy* Janne L 142 40,613 11-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Janne L