dump valve hdi needed quickly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dump valve hdi needed quickly
could any on help me on were i could get a cheap dump valve for a HDI? or if any one is selling one thanks
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Big Grin
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Ebay
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Spose i'll be the one to ask why you want a dump valve? it will not help your car atall... and will make it slower.. Still want one? I dont want to sound like a penis but we get lots of these threads about dump valves and everyone gets told the same Smile

But yes welcome lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
just want one for the sound really and got told about gear serge. yes have looked on ebay but they are £199. hopeing some one has one for sale that they no longer want
Thanks given by:
Any dump valve would work..... I heard something about getting a twin barrel one is it? But more importantly what is gear surge lol?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:Any dump valve would work..... I heard something about getting a twin barrel one is it? But more importantly what is gear surge lol?

Twin piston dump valves are what we normally use...

He could be referring to turbo surge?
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
I bought a derv doctor kit for 25 off a member.
You will need a twin piston one.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
thanks strictly_derv thats what im wanting. did i sound good? would any twin piston dump valve work or would i need the electric module for it aswell?
Thanks given by:
You could just make the noise urself its cheaper and fun. twin piston is what ur after but needs to be able to withhold 30psi depending on the future mods ur planning as the spring will break
Thanks given by:
Have a search there is a guide for fitting one but yes it will need a vacuum feed and an electric switch activated solenoid.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:Have a search there is a guide for fitting one but yes it will need a vacuum feed and an electric switch activated solenoid.
This :-)

Mine runs a vacuum from the brake master cylinder. The electric switch is a microswitch from maplins on the throttle arm and the solenoid is an egr solenoid :-D
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im assuming it would be pretty much same as dturbo as mine is. Wouldnt know where they attach as the hdi has no ic? Unless youve gone fmic?
Thanks given by:
yea i have a fmic going on on tuesdsay thanks guys if any one no of anyone selling one can you email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedpeesh1234@hotmail.com">speesh1234@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> thanks
Thanks given by:
keithnewton Wrote:yea i have a fmic going on on tuesdsay thanks guys if any one no of anyone selling one can you email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedpeesh1234@hotmail.com">speesh1234@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> thanks
ebay is probably your best bet? how much they go for nowadays?
Thanks given by:
FYI - The EGR solenoid isn't the best way of doing it unless you drop the voltage, as you tend to burn out the coil inside as it's on for SO long at times...

Dump valves don't and can't do anything on a diesel really... They cannot respond fast enough to help the problems they are supposed to alleviate, they're only there for the sound - if you're after the sound, fair enough, but they do sound pretty wank in my opinion.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
It was ed doe that put it on there! And used the egr solenoid lol
Ive taken it off now since fmic
Thanks given by:
My mate has a pretty hairy Essy Cossie(625 brake at the fly),his answer to
dump valves? fook'em off.

The monster hasn't got one and he wouldn't have one fitted to it either.
He lets the waste gate and a big ally plate on the back bumper do the
work.
He much prefers a very loud BANG and a mahoosive flame out the tail pipe
when he changes gear.
It is a pisher though,lights up the night sky very well when he launches it
at the horizon lol
Thanks given by:
That's a petrol...

They don't work in anything like the same way a Diesel does...

Don't even get me started on ranting about dump valves - just take my word for it, unless you want the noise, leave them for subarus... On a petrol if responding fast enough, there is a need for them - VAG, Volvo, Subaru, Toyota etc put a recirculating valve on as standard - they didn't do it for laughs, there is a need for one...

Also - wastegates and dump valves are not anything to do with each other.

There's also no such thing as wastegate chatter - Wastegates don't make any noise.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
In my view, dumping on a diesel is wasting energy you have put into making compressed air and intercooling it!

Let it run through the cylinders during a gear change and take some heat energy out of the head/exhaust manifold/turbo turbine, rather than simply dump it.

If you want performance, technically a dump value IS reducing it. It just isn't about the noise, it IS inefficient and probably costing you (very marginally) on energy to re-boost the intake system (and thus get the pump boost compensator wide open again for max fuelling), and leaving the turbo sat in more heat running less efficiently than otherwise.

Dump valve = dumb valve... unfortunately.

If it was just the noise it'd be tolerable, but the cost suddenly makes them not sensible at all imo!

Dave
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hdi turbo change... Quickly ozonehostile 9 2,575 26-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Last Post: HDi--Power
  Dump valve set up Ben hdi306 30 11,500 06-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  dump valve on hdi? charlie7543 19 7,243 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo