hdi flywheel +clutch to xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi flywheel +clutch to xud
Just wonderin is this possible. To bolt on a hdi flywheel to the xud block? And use hdi clutch and pressure plate with xud box

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
I think with the hdi flywheel the Rev counter will read wrong and also the xud clutch holds more power aswell. Also the clutches are different ones push and one is pull type (can't remember which one is which) so you will need to change the clutch fork in the gearbox. But yea you can get them to work
Thanks given by:
XUD = Pull
HDi = Push
Thanks given by:
I was going to go down this route. Not anymore though. The flywheel should bolt up I have a hdi if you want it. Rev counter may read wrong unsure though.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ahryt. I thought tge hdi clutch setup would be better for the more torque in the hdi?

Why im askin anyway is i have a 306 hdi that i crashed. And i had just put brand new clutch, pressure plate, release bearin and clutch cable in it.

I have the xud engine out of my xsara at the minute to put a t2 on it and clutch doesn look great.

So would the hdi clutch and pressure plate mate up with the xud flywheel?

Thanks for the info.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
You'll need the HDi flywheel too if you want to use the HDi clutch AFAIK

You'll also need to swap the gearbox clutch arm/fork over plus change the clutch cable due to the pull/push differences.

I've gone the other way - recently fitted a XUD clutch to a HDi (using a GTi-6 flywheel)
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2014, 01:27 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: You'll need the HDi flywheel too if you want to use the HDi clutch AFAIK

You'll also need to swap the gearbox clutch arm/fork over plus change the clutch cable due to the pull/push differences.

I've gone the other way - recently fitted a XUD clutch to a HDi (using a GTi-6 flywheel)

I'm going to be probably really thick now, but does the XUD flywheel not fit the HDi? Or is it the speed sensor pickup thats on a 6 flywheel? thats not the XUD one?
Thanks given by:
HDi needs a Bosch 60-2 timing signal for the crank sensor but the XUD doesn't have the teeth on the flywheel.

The XUD flywheel would physically fit, but the ECU wouldn't see the engine turning so wouldn't fire the injectors.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Ahh gotcha.

Thanks ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xud to hdi clutch. Flywheel question. bashbarnard 5 1,467 11-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Chairchild