306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
hdi flywheel +clutch to xud - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: XUD Section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: hdi flywheel +clutch to xud (/showthread.php?tid=25191)

hdi flywheel +clutch to xud - daveylennon93 - 11-07-2014

Just wonderin is this possible. To bolt on a hdi flywheel to the xud block? And use hdi clutch and pressure plate with xud box

RE: hdi flywheel +clutch to xud - aggyj17 - 11-07-2014

I think with the hdi flywheel the Rev counter will read wrong and also the xud clutch holds more power aswell. Also the clutches are different ones push and one is pull type (can't remember which one is which) so you will need to change the clutch fork in the gearbox. But yea you can get them to work

RE: hdi flywheel +clutch to xud - mr_fish - 11-07-2014

XUD = Pull
HDi = Push

RE: hdi flywheel +clutch to xud - bashbarnard - 11-07-2014

I was going to go down this route. Not anymore though. The flywheel should bolt up I have a hdi if you want it. Rev counter may read wrong unsure though.

RE: hdi flywheel +clutch to xud - daveylennon93 - 11-07-2014

Ahryt. I thought tge hdi clutch setup would be better for the more torque in the hdi?

Why im askin anyway is i have a 306 hdi that i crashed. And i had just put brand new clutch, pressure plate, release bearin and clutch cable in it.

I have the xud engine out of my xsara at the minute to put a t2 on it and clutch doesn look great.

So would the hdi clutch and pressure plate mate up with the xud flywheel?

Thanks for the info.

RE: hdi flywheel +clutch to xud - powerandtorque - 11-07-2014

You'll need the HDi flywheel too if you want to use the HDi clutch AFAIK

You'll also need to swap the gearbox clutch arm/fork over plus change the clutch cable due to the pull/push differences.

I've gone the other way - recently fitted a XUD clutch to a HDi (using a GTi-6 flywheel)

(11-07-2014, 01:27 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: You'll need the HDi flywheel too if you want to use the HDi clutch AFAIK

You'll also need to swap the gearbox clutch arm/fork over plus change the clutch cable due to the pull/push differences.

I've gone the other way - recently fitted a XUD clutch to a HDi (using a GTi-6 flywheel)

I'm going to be probably really thick now, but does the XUD flywheel not fit the HDi? Or is it the speed sensor pickup thats on a 6 flywheel? thats not the XUD one?

RE: hdi flywheel +clutch to xud - powerandtorque - 11-07-2014

HDi needs a Bosch 60-2 timing signal for the crank sensor but the XUD doesn't have the teeth on the flywheel.

The XUD flywheel would physically fit, but the ECU wouldn't see the engine turning so wouldn't fire the injectors.

Ahh gotcha.

Thanks ThumbsUp