Halfords IndustriaL tool chests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halfords IndustriaL tool chests
My industrial one is epic can't recommend it enough the draws are so smooth to open

There cheaper red one looks shit in the shop and draws are awful glad I chose the industrial one even though it's more expensive well worth it
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Edd China uses Teng tools so they are automatically great #canofworms
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I have the halfords advanced 170 pc set and its goin strong, i rate them very high for the price.

The red cabinat and box are really good, drawers open with ease even when fully loaded.
Dont see why anyone would need a stronger one unless you plan on fillin it with rolls of lead Smile

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 01:14 PM)Ruan Wrote: The ONLY reason I see Snap On being bought is that you get a bloke come round, give you finance, replace any tools you break with fairly few quibbles... No one else does that really...

I like Teng tools a lot, good quality, but have started to get a bit of a name behind them... Though if I had the choice, I'd go for a Britool set every day.

If the Halfords box is anything like the older red "advanced" ones they don't open properly, but I'd expect their "Industrial" ones are probably pretty good..s.

Most of my tools are KS tools, Halfords pro or Britool expert. snap on has no place in my box whatsoever. Overpriced and overrated.

At work we have the snap on van come round, the mac tools van and the KS wagon call round once a fortnight. All the tools have the same lifetime guarantee so i dont see why the snap on stuff is twice the price Huh
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 01:14 PM)Ruan Wrote: The ONLY reason I see Snap On being bought is that you get a bloke come round, give you finance, replace any tools you break with fairly few quibbles... No one else does that really...

I like Teng tools a lot, good quality, but have started to get a bit of a name behind them... Though if I had the choice, I'd go for a Britool set every day.

If the Halfords box is anything like the older red "advanced" ones they don't open properly, but I'd expect their "Industrial" ones are probably pretty good..s.

Exactly that, and as they come to you people tend to do it. Even though obviously my mum owns a tool shop Adam has bought nearly everything snap on Angry don't personally like them I think there robbing gits but hey haha.

(23-04-2014, 02:37 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

Most of my tools are KS tools, Halfords pro or Britool expert. snap on has no place in my box whatsoever. Overpriced and overrated.

At work we have the snap on van come round, the mac tools van and the KS wagon call round once a fortnight. All the tools have the same lifetime guarantee so i dont see why the snap on stuff is twice the price Huh

It's because snap on make out there cheap. And offer you the finance but they add the vat which they don't tell you is added on as well as a fee to the finance, and the tools tend to be twice as much in general as like teng and all the other good brands , no idea why people go near them personally. But each to there own. Makita are a good make for hand and power tools, Wink also stocked lol.
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 05:03 PM)Sian Wrote: It's because snap on make out there cheap. And offer you the finance but they add the vat which they don't tell you is added on as well as a fee to the finance, and the tools tend to be twice as much in general as like teng and all the other good brands , no idea why people go near them personally. But each to there own. Makita are a good make for hand and power tools, Wink also stocked lol.

They make it perfectly clear they add finance costs and VAT just like every other company because if they don't, they are breaking the law.
Personally i love Snap On kit. Ive got ratchets that are older than me that were used all day every day for 19 years and still work spot on. For hobby use like most of us on here you don't need something like that and the likes of Halfords pro stuff is easily good enough but Snap On must be doing something right considering nearly all mechanics you see use their stuff.
Not saying the likes of Teng and Britool are poor because they are far from it but id buy snap on over them all day long where funds permit. They just seem better made!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 05:16 PM)Niall Wrote:
(23-04-2014, 05:03 PM)Sian Wrote: It's because snap on make out there cheap. And offer you the finance but they add the vat which they don't tell you is added on as well as a fee to the finance, and the tools tend to be twice as much in general as like teng and all the other good brands , no idea why people go near them personally. But each to there own. Makita are a good make for hand and power tools, Wink also stocked lol.

They make it perfectly clear they add finance costs and VAT just like every other company because if they don't, they are breaking the law.
Personally i love Snap On kit. Ive got ratchets that are older than me that were used all day every day for 19 years and still work spot on. For hobby use like most of us on here you don't need something like that and the likes of Halfords pro stuff is easily good enough but Snap On must be doing something right considering nearly all mechanics you see use their stuff.
Not saying the likes of Teng and Britool are poor because they are far from it but id buy snap on over them all day long where funds permit. They just seem better made!
Maybe it's Adam being stupid and naive then haha. He's god loads of there stuff and loves it so I guess depends what you personal preference is. Smile
Thanks given by:
Ive got that halfords toolbox and chest. All good quality. Only issue i found there wasnt enough deep draws for bigger items

Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 05:28 PM)Sian Wrote:
(23-04-2014, 05:16 PM)Niall Wrote:

Maybe it's Adam being stupid and naive then haha. He's god loads of there stuff and loves it so I guess depends what you personal preference is. Smile

Yeah tbh life would be boring if everyone liked the same stuff! If you go on their online store they charge you full prices which can be expensive but if you go to your local snap on man, 99% of the time its substantially cheaper unless he's a right greedy bastard!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 05:44 PM)Niall Wrote:
(23-04-2014, 05:28 PM)Sian Wrote:
(23-04-2014, 05:16 PM)Niall Wrote: They make it perfectly clear they add finance costs and VAT just like every other company because if they don't, they are breaking the law.

Yeah tbh life would be boring if everyone liked the same stuff! If you go on their online store they charge you full prices which can be expensive but if you go to your local snap on man, 99% of the time its substantially cheaper unless he's a right greedy bastard!
There just generally overpriced anyway but they give you new parts if they break rather quickly guess thats a bonus haha
Thanks given by:
It's up to people what tools they want to spend their money on, at the end of the day. There's some stuff that is very much worth buying from Snap-On, tool boxes for instance.
Thanks given by:
I thought I had a look on eBay to see what other deals I could find about tool chests. Found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181387037265
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
I echo Nialls recommendation regarding checking and triple checking these cabinets.

I must have gone through umpteen of them before finding one that wasn't dented. I rang each store within 100 miles and they opened boxes to find all their stock damaged to the sides or corners.

I bought 2 from Exeter. Cully - do you have a trade card. A hiccup somewhere along the lines made them £229 for BOTH on trade. Usually trade discounts don't apply to the offers. This hiccup at the tills wasn't possible from other stores randomly.

In the end the nearest store that had some undented ones were Hereford... luckily I had a need to go there anyway so took them with me for exchange.

I do find the drawer retaining mechanisms weak, but they do perform better than the red Halfords ones and other budget chests.
Bianca Rallye
1989 205 GTi6 on ITBs
BMW Z4 3.0

Thousands of GTi6 parts availabile.
Thanks given by:
I bought the halfords industrial ones for work on my trade card. As cully said £300. I think it was a good buy and are working well.
Thanks given by:
did you get anywhere with this cully or was it a no go?
Thanks given by:
I got a bottom chest for £110 :3

Wheels are shit on em though, they do drag a bit.

Not dented or anything though, it's no bad!
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
does the industrial set have a lifetime guarantee too like the pro?
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 08:07 PM)doski Wrote: does the industrial set have a lifetime guarantee too like the pro?

Yep Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
White lithium grease on the rollers do a good job on these boxes.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halfords 8 Drawer Tool Centre - £63 Eeyore 1 1,060 03-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Stef205
  Halfords Advanced 170 piece Tool Sets - £110 Eeyore 29 12,938 17-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Tool Box Talk cully 22 5,481 26-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Frosty