306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests (/showthread.php?tid=23482)

Pages: 1 2

Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - cully - 22-04-2014

views and thoughts on these please
i am seriously looking at getting the pair

Halfords Industrial 6 Drawer Ball Bearing Tool Cabinet
Item code: 169790

[attachment=15668]

Halfords Industrial 6 Drawer Ball Bearing Tool Chest
Item code: 169774

[attachment=15669]

prices are variable so here goes
Cabinet £349.99
Chest £259.99

or as a bundle
£399.99

On trade card
Cabinet £199
Chest £100

the black boxes a bigger than the red and the black is made from better/thicker material with better drawers

or is there someone on here that works for Halfords with Staff Discount they wouldnt mind sharing for a purchase and collect from the Exeter or Tiverton Devon store??

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - mspdan - 22-04-2014

i looked at these the other week but couldnt make my mind up on them :/

look okay but at that price id say worth going for, i cant get a trade card and i refuse pay retail for them :/

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - puglove - 22-04-2014

TBH these are REALLY good for the money, you wont find anything near as good for the same money, Id go for it if i was you.

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Eeyore - 22-04-2014

I think they are both really really expensive. Any tool cabinet is. D:

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Matt-Rallye - 22-04-2014

Friend of mine is an agri fitter and he has them, really rates them too!

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - C2K - 22-04-2014

I've had mine for 5 years and not had any issues. They're a nice setup, although I would never pay for Snapon or the likes. They've come down massively on trade, as the cheapest way to get them used to be BOGOF (but bottom, get top free).

They come wih drawer liners, ball bearing drawer runners etc. My only criticism is they could have provided two deep drawers as you tend to drop everything big into the bottom drawer.

I've got lots of tools (all home enthusiast stuff) and haven't outgrown it yet.

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Dum-Dum - 22-04-2014

Cant see how they are that much better than the pro stuff thats lifetime guranteed anyway?

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Nathan1305 - 22-04-2014

(22-04-2014, 05:21 PM)cully Wrote: views and thoughts on these please
i am seriously looking at getting the pair

Halfords Industrial 6 Drawer Ball Bearing Tool Cabinet
Item code: 169790

Halfords Industrial 6 Drawer Ball Bearing Tool Chest
Item code: 169774

prices are variable so here goes
Cabinet £349.99
Chest £259.99

or as a bundle
£399.99

On trade card
Cabinet £199
Chest £100

the black boxes a bigger than the red and the black is made from better/thicker material with better drawers

or is there someone on here that works for Halfords with Staff Discount they wouldnt mind sharing for a purchase and collect from the Exeter or Tiverton Devon store??

They are great tool chests Smile i work for Halfords and use them everyday. They are really solid Smile

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Niall - 22-04-2014

They are fantastic bits of kit and am getting my self the same set up after show season.
Trade will get you more than staff discount. Staff discount is only 15% and staff only get the same trade as the public.
If you get it, get them to unpack it and inspect it before it goes in the car as they very often come damaged because the monkeys on the trucks can't look after anything!

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - cully - 22-04-2014

nice replys guys thanks
i may go to my local halfords and talk with the manager about a group buy for the top chest would ther be any intrest say if i could get them to your local halfords store for pick up ? for the £100 ish

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Danny2009 - 22-04-2014

I've had the roll can for around a year now never had any issues draws are still silky smooth at opening and closing even loaded with weight of tools

Really need to buy the top box ran out of room

Cully I wouldn't waste your time mate. If it's the same as when I was there, the managers have to justify any discount given that isn't planned hence why they very rarely do (even if they give you free stuff because you complained, they usually used to just wait till the stock take and just pretend it went missing)

(22-04-2014, 07:00 PM)Niall Wrote: They are fantastic bits of kit and am getting my self the same set up after show season.
Trade will get you more than staff discount. Staff discount is only 15% and staff only get the same trade as the public.
If you get it, get them to unpack it and inspect it before it goes in the car as they very often come damaged because the monkeys on the trucks can't look after anything!

Staff discount is 25% mate, it went from 15% to 25% about 6 months ago

(22-04-2014, 08:11 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(22-04-2014, 07:00 PM)Niall Wrote: They are fantastic bits of kit and am getting my self the same set up after show season.

Jesus they are actually doing something positive for their staff! When I worked there it was a shocking company to work for!

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - daveylennon93 - 22-04-2014

I have the red cabinat and topbox and they're good quality. Got the pair for €300 euro on offer. Was a bargain Smile If the industrial ones are made of stronger stuff then they will last a lifetime because the red ones fairly solid and have good drawers too.

(22-04-2014, 08:16 PM)Niall Wrote:

Jesus they are actually doing something positive for their staff! When I worked there it was a shocking company to work for!

Yeah haha they are actually great to work for now, lots of changes have came in, including the great discount Smile

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Sian - 23-04-2014

Don't buy these. Go to my mums shop Wink

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Niall - 23-04-2014

(23-04-2014, 07:04 AM)Sian Wrote: Don't buy these. Go to my mums shop Wink

Yeah....really helpful for us not in Devon lol

Was talking to cully. Mr sarcastic

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - cully - 23-04-2014

Beat the price and quality and i may consider it

but you couldnt on other stuff ive ask for Wink

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Grant - 23-04-2014

Schwiiiiing

(23-04-2014, 08:19 AM)cully Wrote: Beat the price and quality and i may consider it

but you couldnt on other stuff ive ask for Wink

Will be teng tools. Il ask on a price. Yes but it depends what it is, big company's can afford to have it cheap. Some people prefer to go to the smaller company's to keep them going. Never a lot in it. And if it's a big ish item they will deliver. Can't go wrong with that.

Not including all the stuff on it haha.
Apologises for it coming up sideways no idea why it's done that was straight haha

£199 for top, £239 for bottom, and £399 for set. Mum said they don't do like for like prices. That's the price Smile don't like it buy cheap halfords junk lol. Wink

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Matt-Rallye - 23-04-2014

Thats a very good price on a teng box!

(23-04-2014, 10:37 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Thats a very good price on a teng box!

I thought so too. Bit then I'm biased haha

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Matt-Rallye - 23-04-2014

Our apprentice at work (poor bastard) has a teng box complete with tools, seems decent quality for the money. Smile

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Jama - 23-04-2014

I have the red set and it has put up with 3 years heavy use so far.
The black set is better built so if you want it to last longer I recommend it

I've been gradually building up my halfords advanced pro tools and they are worth every penny.
I haven't had one break yet.

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Niall - 23-04-2014

Tbh I've had a good look over the black industrial one at Halfords and on the surface it seems dare i say it, almost as good quality as a snap on box but I suppose only time will tell on that front!

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Connor - 23-04-2014

Cully ill have a word with our apprentice, he works for halfords

(23-04-2014, 11:28 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Our apprentice at work (poor bastard) has a teng box complete with tools, seems decent quality for the money. Smile

They are good. And life time guarantee. Adam has everything snap on. Absolute rip off they are, double the amount of what teng is. And teng is obviously matching in quality.

RE: Halfords IndustriaL tool chests - Ruan - 23-04-2014

The ONLY reason I see Snap On being bought is that you get a bloke come round, give you finance, replace any tools you break with fairly few quibbles... No one else does that really...

I like Teng tools a lot, good quality, but have started to get a bit of a name behind them... Though if I had the choice, I'd go for a Britool set every day.

If the Halfords box is anything like the older red "advanced" ones they don't open properly, but I'd expect their "Industrial" ones are probably pretty good..s.