Smile

Edit: Mark got there first... Again Sad
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:turned out to be sm fmicd, remapped 1.8t! lmao

Side mounted front mounted intercooler?
What?

'sm' is a typo, shoulda be 'an'. Autocomplete/correct does some weird things. Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Side mounted front mounted intercooler?
What?

Could be like this, in front of a wheel:
[Image: Side-Mount-Intercooler-Lrg-01.JPG]

Smile

Edit: Mark got there first... Again Sad

No thats like mine ninja

As said it was a typo! lmao
Thanks given by:
This is a clear case of Phil.I.Am failing again ninja
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Should see the civic dervs, sidemounted in the wheel arch facing backwards lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just to clear this up...the 1.8t had a f*cking massive FRONT MOUNT and I have a slightly large SIDE MOUNT. lol Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Should see the civic dervs, sidemounted in the wheel arch facing backwards lol

How can it face backwards?? There isnt a front or back...air will flow through it either way. :?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Should see the civic dervs, sidemounted in the wheel arch facing backwards lol

How can it face backwards?? There isnt a front or back...air will flow through it either way. :?

I've not seen a civic derv myself, but I know some Jap cars have them so the fins face ... outwards. If that makes sense. So air has to be ducted round to go through them...
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Just to clear this up...the 1.8t had a f*cking massive FRONT MOUNT and I have a slightly large SIDE MOUNT. lol Big Grin

But I thought diesels were shit Tom............
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:

As in the air gets to it, actually through the wheel arch, not from the front of the bumper
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:This is a clear case of Phil.I.Am failing again ninja

Fyc! Its toms auto correct failing
My point is valid. What is a side mounted front mounted ic? Cant be mounted at the side and front unless it like bends round the front to the side
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How did someone get away with letting this thread become about tom's golf (AGAIN!)
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:How did someone get away with letting this thread become about tom's golf (AGAIN!)

This ^^ !!!!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You wasn't struggling to keep up with a modified 1.8t? You really do talk crap don't you.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:How can it face backwards?? There isnt a front or back...air will flow through it either way. :?

I've not seen a civic derv myself, but I know some Jap cars have them so the fins face ... outwards. If that makes sense. So air has to be ducted round to go through them...
New civics have a 2.2 derv lump
Toby.i.am failing :-P
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Toby Wrote:I've not seen a civic derv myself, but I know some Jap cars have them so the fins face ... outwards. If that makes sense. So air has to be ducted round to go through them...
New civics have a 2.2 derv lump
Toby.i.am failing :-P

Fyc, I was referring to myself not having seen their intercooler design. Popcorn

Edit:

Quote:You wasn't struggling to keep up with a modified 1.8t? You really do talk crap don't you.

It's okay, the 1.8t had a MASSIVE intercooler. It's turbo probably wasn't even fully spooled ninja

EditEdit:
Quote:f*cking massive FRONT MOUNT
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
MASSIVE INTERCOOLER = HUGE LAG.

Important expression to remember that. Big Grin
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Just to clear this up...the 1.8t had a f*cking massive FRONT MOUNT and I have a slightly large SIDE MOUNT. lol Big Grin

But I thought diesels were shit Tom............

They are as standard, thats why they need modding. Wink

I
Matty Wrote:You wasn't struggling to keep up with a modified 1.8t? You really do talk crap don't you.

You know mines not actually standard right? ninja
Thanks given by:
Even still your derv vs a remapped fmic'd 1.8t. Id have my money on the 1.8t
Iirc just with a remap see 160ish bhp and fmic remap over 200?
Curt will know more
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Even still your derv vs a remapped fmic'd 1.8t. Id have my money on the 1.8t
Curt will know more

they remap to 220ish without much effort from what my mates have had Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Even still your derv vs a remapped fmic'd 1.8t. Id have my money on the 1.8t
Curt will know more

His 1.8t was the 150 model, the fmic and map have made it up to around 190ish. Smile

You have to note that I have more torques though. ninja And now a slipping clutch due to too many torques. lmao
Thanks given by:
Actually, they have reached more than 200 with that kind of setup. Been seen and done. Though at that point the k03 is at its limits apparently.
Thanks given by:
It depends what age, what engine, what turbo, what map... We could be here all day.

Intercooler will not make more power, as has been discussed many times. But will help sustain it when it gets hot... 1.8T's have a side mount, which unless you've got a KO3S/KO4 and mapped to suit is perfectly fine.

I'm running KO3 with a Revo map, enclosed filter, Forge diverter valve, 3" decat, straight through centre and sportex rear box. The map alone is 190, so I'd hope to be around 200, but yes the KO3 is on the limit.

You may have epic torquez in your tractor, but if you look at the torque figure on a mapped 1.8T you may be surprised. But I would say, there's something wrong with his 20VT if you kept up with it.

Aaaanyway, enough of that I feel Smile
Thanks given by:
There was a 1.8t golf on the mway i had a go with when i had my rung out t2 on. Was the 150 model. Kept up no problem. Then my t2 melted.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Back on topic?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Back on topic?
We have a new, far more interesting topic :-)
Thanks given by:
Then new thread Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Matt Wrote:Back on topic?
We have a new, far more interesting topic :-)

lol
Thanks given by:
Mates golf is on standard turbo and am intercooler and is easily over 180 bhp, no chance you would have kept up with a stage 2 1.8T
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Topic: What have you gotten away with?

Answer: Racing a 80yr old in a 1.8t and keep up.

True story that.
Thanks given by: