What have you gotten away with?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you gotten away with?
Was reading a thread on another site and was just wondering on what have people gotten away with regards to driving?

The other day i was aproaching some traffic lights and i pass these everyday so i know how long the delay is for the oncoming traffic (NO excuse) so they turn amber and i floor it to get through and it was a blatent red that i went through VERY STUPID i know,
No doubt a marked volvo t5 was up my arse within seconds, pulled over and i apologised straight away, he says to me that i not only went through a red light but i floored it through :oops: again i was saying sorry and admitted the offence straight away, he then looks at me and gave me a right going at and told me to be carefull in future :o
I was expecting points that i did deserve but got let off, it took my arse a good 20 mins to stop pinching like a rabbits nose after that!

Soooo what have you lot been let off with?
Thanks given by:
i done 43 in a 40 once ninja

oh and got pulled over for accelerating too hard "up to" 30mph... great :clap:
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Did 58 in a 30 (pretty much from a standstill too) and considering I had only been driving for one year I think I got away quite lightly with 5 points (6 would have lost me my license) and a £170 fine Big Grin

Also, got speed gunned at 40 in a 30, and was just told to be careful and replace my headlight bulb lol

Oh, and I was doing a little over 30, in a 30, when it was snowy a couple years ago, and got followed for about 5 miles before getting pulled, insurance checked etc and then let off because they couldnt prove I was speeding, just that I was going 'a bit fast for the conditions'

Im actually quite lucky tbh :think:
Thanks given by:
Pulled with an expired mot... pulled for going through a red light at 2am... Pulled for driving "spiritedly" a few times
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've been pulled over on a few occasions whilst on the motorbike, have never been given points though, just a warning to 'look after myself'..

My personal experience is that motorcycle police officers are far more understanding with regards to bikes on the road, even when travelling at over a ton.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Loads of stuff.

But I am a lucky bast**d in somethings and and unlucky bast**d in the rest.
Thanks given by:
Got a court producer through my door when i was 17 for:

Driving without due care and attention

Driving in a dangerous manner

Driving without reasonable consideration for other road users

Driving without reasonable consideration.

All on the same letter in the post Confusedhock:

Then another letter following the next week saying there was lack of evidence to proceed and the charges had been dropped....

:pray:
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I don't get away with anything Sad I just get section 59s
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
In my first DTurbo I was seen on the M1 doing 120mph by a Vauxhall Omega V6 traffic car. Anyway their top speed is only 130mph and they had to accelerate so they didnt catch up with me till I ran out of motorway 15 miles later.

I nearly pooed myself when I saw the traffic car appear in my rear view mirror and after a very sever talking to they let me off. It was 3am and in 15 miles I only overtook 4 other cars.

Otherwise a diesel astra only does 120 and 0-60 in 10 seconds, a tuned hdi does 0-60 in less than 7 seconds and over 130mph

Edit; also been subject to formal investigations for driving without due car and attention and cycling without due care and attention but never prosecuted.
Thanks given by:
Haha dum :-) interesting statistics. How ever would you know :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:and cycling without due care and attention

This is a real thing?

Shows how little I ride by bicycle :geek:
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
lol How is that even enforceable?
Thanks given by:
let off for foglights on... apparently theyre only for fog or something. Doh

and got 3 points and a fine for 43 in a 30 when i should have lost my licence! whistle
Thanks given by:
I got pulled for driving stupid and coaling through town haha..... according to the officer i was down-shifting and hitting the redline causing my car to smoke and if i continue to do that i will blow it up == I just said yehyeh and apologised and got let off pheewwww!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:I got pulled for driving stupid and coaling through town haha..... according to the officer i was down-shifting and hitting the redline causing my car to smoke and if i continue to do that i will blow it up == I just said yehyeh and apologised and got let off pheewwww!

and then coaled him as you drove off? lol

oh also... i was followed and stopped at my mates house because he 'opened the door before the car was fully stopped'.

Ive also been let off for drink driving twice... because i hadnt drunk anything! Doh

oh and i was pulled over for... "being a young driver in an old car". i was let off for being young and my car being old too! lol
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:
tomw1123 Wrote:I got pulled for driving stupid and coaling through town haha..... according to the officer i was down-shifting and hitting the redline causing my car to smoke and if i continue to do that i will blow it up == I just said yehyeh and apologised and got let off pheewwww!

and then coaled him as you drove off? lol

oh also... i was followed and stopped at my mates house because he 'opened the door before the car was fully stopped'.

Ive also been let off for drink driving twice... because i hadnt drunk anything! Doh

oh and i was pulled over for... "being a young driver in an old car". i was let off for being young and my car being old too! lol
I had to be very gentle with the throttle as i pulled away put it that way Wink haha

Just sounds like you had a bit of bad luck lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
There's some really good twisty roads near me. I had dropped the missus at a party and was driving back on these roads about about 11pm in the 306. There's a lot of roundabouts. To get a gap between the car in front of me, I went round th first roundabout a few times until there was a car behind me and let on my journey home flooring it and chucking it into the corners and roundabouts hard (it's a non residential area and the only people that are ever there are driving through). Sometimes I was probably doing 60ish in a 40. The new fiesta behind me was keeping up and chucking it into the corners. I thought he was having a play so gave it some more beans. Got to a set of lights 2 miles down the road where the fiesta pulled up next to me. They told me to wind down my window....this was when I realised they were coppers.
God did I get a shouting at! Will say it genuinely did the job because I was driving like a dick and won't do that again through fear of getting caught!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
One when I have my 306 I had some prick tailgating all the way through a 30 (which I stuck too) it was dark so I couldn't see what car it was. He went for the over take when the road was a 60 limit so, I floored it to piss him off, he got along side me and I read POLICE along the side of the car :roll: I obviously backed off and he just f*cked off obviously going way past 60!
Wish I got his numberplate. Prick.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:and cycling without due care and attention

This is a real thing?

Shows how little I ride by bicycle :geek:

Yep this is real, I may even have my NIP somewhere (it was 10 years ago).

Scott you got to court and get a fine for it.
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:One when I have my 306 I had some prick tailgating all the way through a 30 (which I stuck too) it was dark so I couldn't see what car it was. He went for the over take when the road was a 60 limit so, I floored it to piss him off, he got along side me and I read POLICE along the side of the car :roll: I obviously backed off and he just f*cked off obviously going way past 60!
Wish I got his numberplate. Prick.

Actually something similar happened today! I was driving round the m25 to dartford. I was in the 3rd lane doing 80mph ish with the flow of traffing. A Octavia Vrs came flying up behind me, sat right up my arse. I stayed where I was, if I had of moved he would only of got one car ahead. When he started to back of slightly so I could actually see his headlights, he was flashing me and gesturing to move over. Not being arsed for a argument I just moved over and let him by. It was 2 coppers in the car. No blue lights or anything like that. Just driving like a dick
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I got let off for doing 60 through my town centre in my Mondeo. And he said he'd been following me for a few miles where I was doing 115 :/

That defferntly tought me to slow down. I needed new boxers trousers and seat when I saw the blue lights that day.

Also had a copper when I had my old 306 and I was delivering pizza I was parked on double yellows and he was trying to do me for that. Then he said I'm not coming up on insurance database and that he conviently can't get through to my insurance company. So he was going to give me a producer but yet again he conviently didn't have any so he wanted to come takeaway next day to see them. So he came in I said I havnt got them and he isn't allowed to see them and that if he bothers me again and doesn't give me a official producer I will get him done for arasment. He then went on to saying he's going to do me for no insurance. So I whipped out my phone got ask mid and show I'm that my car was on insurance database and walked out to do my delivery Smile.... He still doesn't like me Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
never been pulled over, but had a few close calls. one was after work i decided to get a takeaway. so got me grub and i decided to give the car some up the bank towards home.
half way up the bank i notice a car slow down. i knew straight a way it was a cop car, backed off. the copper knew i had been given it some. he stayed with me along the road waiting for me to go over the limit again. but gave up as we were rolling a long the road together.
Thanks given by:
Got pulled over the other day, put up against the bonnet of police car and searched. Car was searched and everything, took what not and then let me on my way with a warning.
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Pressed plates :roll:
Thanks given by:
Got a talking to for no front numberplate after my pseudo-crash, and drove through a red at seeming the only traffic lights in Brum without a camera on, phew!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I dont remember the things I get away with just the things I get caught for. Calmed down a bit in my old age (22) haha but in my early years I used to go up J27 of the M1 every Sunday night with all the 'boy racers' and getting pulled and checked was fairly normal.
Have had 9 points, had my license revoked and ran a pedestrian over (not really my fault) but im back down to 3 points and gone all sensible now!
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
I spun my VTS engined AX on a roundabout, really giving it some and got caught out by LOOS, as I came to a stop on the grass verge facing backwards I saw an unmarked Vectra with the blues on driving across the grass...

Screamed at me for about 20 minutes, then decided the bent wishbone and smashed alloy was punishment enough lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I've never really done anything wrong

as some of you know (dec, haha).. I got a full car search including police sniffer dog, car turned over with a tooth comb etc as I had a full exhaust system through the middle of the seats & a set of 17"s which I apparently stole? After a lot of explaining & showing emails to the guy off gumtree I got let off.

Back in 2008 I got stopped & got a £30 fine for having an illegal number plate as the font was wrong

Been drug searched numerous times even though i've never touched an illegal substance in my life!
Thanks given by:
Never been pulled, I am too smart to get caught! I think :think:
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by: