Fast Road - Tyres and Discs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Road - Tyres and Discs.
Result of this was that i did buy Michelin PS3s from black circles. Price couldn't be beaten and the tyres are awesome.
Thanks given by:
how do you rate them compared to the eagle f1's?
Thanks given by:
I never had the eagle F1s and I only had 2 of them. I would definitely recommend the PS3s.
Thanks given by:
pilot sport 3 or vredestein sportrac 5's
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 07:29 PM)damoc25 Wrote: how do you rate them compared to the eagle f1's?

Different league.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Will have to give them ago then, had the Eagle f1 gsd 3's and rated them highly, thanks
Thanks given by:
For fast-road, I rate the Eagles highly. But, i've not tried the new PS3s yet (Got 2 slightly worn sets off a group buy on 205 Drivers - from a Ginetta race series). Due to the 205 having an Mi16 in it, I can't run super-sticky tyres so have to make do with worn road tyres. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the Parada's I had on my last 'Ring trip.

EBC Greenstuff pads used to be shite, but AFAIK have improved their compounds. Had M1144s on the 205 and destroyed them on a 'Ring trip. Be alright for fast-road though, just watch out for the a) the squeal (You sound like a bus) and b) the dust.i
Thanks given by:
Tbf eagle f1s may have moved on since i last drove on them, but the michelins really are fantastic to drive on imo. High levels of grip, but very progressive on the edge, predictable and controllable when you do make them let go... Pretty good on fuel and noise too, as if that mattered. lol

They're not the best at anything, but they are a marvellous compromise.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I had the new eagle F1's on the Honda and i thought they were great, really quiet, gripped well, awesome tyres. But then i have also had PE2's and they were great aswell, and the '6 has PS3's on the back and they seem to work...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I've got new eagle F1's on the bimmer and got a mix of PE2 and PS3 on the HDi, the Michelin probably have marginally more grip from my experience but not enough to justify the extra dollar over the F1 imo.. maybe on smaller sizes like 15" but in 18" they were nearly double
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tyres for road LewisG 22 5,021 03-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  recomended tyres for road/track cully 33 8,133 21-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: jamiek_uk2000