manual boost controller?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
manual boost controller?
Hi all how are people fitting these? Ive tried putting my hand up to feel as i cant see anything lol. You pulling engine forward or just adjusting actuator arm.
Thanks given by:
What turbo do u have
Thanks given by:
No idea lol. Either one of the standard ones on a hdi.
Thanks given by:
I can't fit this anyone got any ideas? I can't even see or feel it let alone fit the bloody thing.
Thanks given by:
Cut the actuator boost feed in half and insert it in there, use long tube to give yourself some slack for positioning.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
But I can't even see or feel piep let alone cut it. Anyone willing to do this for me? Lol
Thanks given by:
If you have a k14 it is a bit more tricky.
Thanks given by:
Try looking from the drivers wheel arch with the covers removed. Pipe is usually blue.
Thanks given by:
Advantages of these rather than actuator adjustment? Apart from the faxt u can adjust whenever you want.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
More precise control... Apart from that and the adjustability...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-05-2014, 10:18 AM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: Advantages of these rather than actuator adjustment? Apart from the faxt u can adjust whenever you want.

So you don't have to crawl under the car and piss around behind the engine. Open bonnet, adjust, close bonnet. :-)
Thanks given by:
Doesnt help boost in anyway though? I seem to recall it helps the turbo in some way? Cant for the life of me remember why though.
Ps im going to get one anyway for ease and they are cheap too
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
As said, it allows more precise control of the boost level, better regulation if you like. When you adjust the wastegate arm you're effectively mis-tuning it to do something other than it was designed for, a mbc means you can adjust the boost without so much danger of boost spikes and poor wg response.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Awesome I like the sound of that. Ill have a look into a cheapy one on the bay. Theyre only like 15 quid
Thanks given by:
Well I've tried accessing it through the wheel arch drivers side admittedly I didn't have all plastics out the way but still can't see it will make a big difference. I want to fit mbc just seems to be a absolute headache to fit. I could just see the blue pipe from underneath is this metal inside? Or just blue rubber/silicone?
Thanks given by:
just blue silicone.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, unfortunately it does require some effort to fit, you'll find removing stuff like arch liners will help a lot.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeh I bloody know that lol. But I will get on it guys have another go. Hopefully have abit more luck with it.
Thanks given by:
I done mine through drivers arch, undo the bolts holding the inlet pipe to the turbo and theres plenty of room Smile
Thanks given by:
Okay mate thanks. Smile
Thanks given by:
Remove rear coolant pipe, remove arch liner, once it's all out the way it's not too bad.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Cheers guy's
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2014, 09:19 AM)mattyh24hdi Wrote: Yeh I bloody know that lol. But I will get on it guys have another go. Hopefully have abit more luck with it.

Stop mincing about and get on with it then. :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ha I will poodle just haven't had the time and whether yet. Will be done by the weekend Smile
Thanks given by:
Lolz yeah it has been a bit crap this week, hope it goes ok bud. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers mate im sure ill be alright now. So much still todo for fcs lol. Wish I had a garage
Thanks given by:
Well mbc was an epic fail managed to snap the plastic nipple off the actuator. Absolutely fuming got to replace actuator now some how lol.
Thanks given by:
You don't need a MBC on a HDi unless your stage 2+.

Also if you can't fit a MBC I'd probably stick to standard..? Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Im going stage 2 basically there just this that's held me up now. It's alot harder than you think and why the french would make the actuator plastic is beyond me. Im normally very good with car stuff/mechanics but this one is difficult I've had four people had a look and it and said screw that rather you than me and two of them are mechanics lol. Kind of wishing I stayed stage 1 now Sad
Thanks given by:
Only way you are getting that actuator off is removing the turbo i'm afraid
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boost controller GFB G-FORCE II loli_04 6 2,430 18-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: loli_04
  electronic boost controller ??? Donkeybubles 5 1,593 16-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  manual boost controller and egr blank plate fitting, please help dirtyboost89 6 1,927 02-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Last Post: dirtyboost89