electronic boost controller ???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
electronic boost controller ???
hi does any know how or if you can fit a electronic boost controller to a 306 hdi i had it fitted to my old car but this totally diffrent to a petrol its one of those hdi ones pretty good for the money really but fitting the motor valve inbetween the actuator and turbo is a pig?it say keep it in a cool place but ill have to see how it goes next to the manifold haha any help would be very helpfull
Thanks given by:
You can fit one, its just the same as running one on a petrol car but IMO unless you have one kicking around your are better off adjusting the wastegate actuator as being able to change the boost while driving in the HDi is pointless unless you pull over and change the map, you'll just make more/less smoke.
Thanks given by:
ye well i had one left from my old car sitting there doing nothink so i fort i would use it i fitted the valve the weekend i asked you about dum dum just not sure withe the vacum feed i need weather the egr one would be ok and dont know were to take the the other vacume feed off as normally on a petrol it off your fuel reg and manifold but itll be diffrent on a derv wouldnt it ???
Thanks given by:
this is the info i can find but for a petrol??scrap that it wont let me attach it. its hdi sbc-d-se in google first site
Thanks given by:
i use a gizzmo ibc on my hdi, works great
Thanks given by:
Another big thread resurection haha. However from what I have learned about electronic controllers.

The main advantage is the rise in boost pressure. Having the electronic valve totally closed until very close to the pressure requested means that the boost will rise much faster than on a stock wastegate with bleed valve set up. The main gain of this is that when you plant your foot it will take off quicker and also produce less smoke and soot as the turbo will be able to pile more air in quicker.

It's also safer to have an electronic boost controller. Turning up the waste gate gives no control over the boost. It can be very hit and miss. You could go take your car out and have a huge boost spike and blow pipes off etc or damage things. However using an electronic one you won't have the problem. You can set a peak boost. If it sees it going over it will automatically open the waste gate and theoretically save your ass. Haha.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boost controller GFB G-FORCE II loli_04 6 2,423 18-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: loli_04
  manual boost controller and egr blank plate fitting, please help dirtyboost89 6 1,913 02-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Last Post: dirtyboost89
  Manual boost controller or adjust the wastegate arm? Jtrigga 13 1,926 10-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Jtrigga