Opinion on subwoofer?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion on subwoofer?
I've been offered an Alpine SWD-1600 for free just wondering if anyone knows if there any good? Its off my in laws so i cant just take it and sell it. (please don't recommend alternatives as the only reason in interested in this is because its free.
Thanks given by:
Alpine are generally good but active subs generally... aren't. But it's free, what have you got to lose?
Thanks given by:
I've never actually had any experience of this type of sub, would also be interested to know what people think.

Having said that though, if it's free, i'd snap it up in an instant. lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I always thought that Alpine were one of the decent (affordable) brands, but I'm going back almost 10 years...
Thanks given by:
Father in law used it in his lorry when he goes round Europe, he reckons its a shit woofer but its a great bassy speaker. Ill see what wiring it needs and put it in during the week. Anyone any suggestions where to mount? Under driver seat?
Thanks given by:
Normally i would agree that active subs aren't that great but i used to have a Infinity one and it was fantastic. Didn't pack a silly huge punch but i don't think thats what they are designed for. More just to compliment the speakers which it did very very well.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Its free. Have it!
Thanks given by:
just connect it to a non active amp if the active amp is poor on power delivery
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2014, 08:14 PM)DavidA Wrote: I always thought that Alpine were one of the decent (affordable) brands, but I'm going back almost 10 years...
Alpine are still excellent for the money.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
it's free so give it a go. you may well be surprised
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  colour advice,want a few opinion's please. mattybates 7 2,187 17-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Last Post: mattybates
Music Sealed Vs Ported Subwoofer Boxes Kwik 15 4,205 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Kwik
  Opinion on yellow lights??? Icywalts 18 5,103 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Last Post: sebanelli