Electrical problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrical problem
Right this keeps happening every time i get in the car..any ideas?

[Image: th_03014c6d.jpg]

im doing bout 60-70mph in that video...it drops (speedo drops but speed stays same) i lose some ponies as you can feel it straight away lack of power then towards the end of the clip it just goes back up as normal

thanks
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It the speedo sensor. On the back of the gearbox Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
is that the white plug you can access from beneath the battery tray?
Thanks given by:
I believe so. Tbh I didnt replace mine. I made the garage do it while it was in for the mot lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
ill take it off and give it a good cleaning firstly then if it keeps happening ill grab one,think they are cheap as chips anyways cheers matt,thought it would be there but wasnt sure if it was something else again will go sort it now i think and see what items i got to service the car same time lol
Thanks given by:
Speedo sender unit is on the dif part of the gearbox just above where the drivers side drive shaft goes into the box Wink white sensor held in with 1 allen bolt IIRC mate
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Balls it means I got to jack the car up haha will do it now then
Thanks given by:
Don't have to jack the car up. Take your air filter hospusing out if you have one and you should be able to get to it no problems.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
yea had a look niall and got to it,cant undo it as i need a small 6mm allen key which i dont have at the mo. unplugged it and soasked in wd40 and see how that works first of all..whilst i was there i found my pipe next to the cam (which goes into the air routing) was off so put that back on also,that probvs aint helped things and makes sense why my arm is black
Thanks given by:
ben87 Wrote:yea had a look niall and got to it,cant undo it as i need a small 6mm allen key which i dont have at the mo. unplugged it and soasked in wd40 and see how that works first of all..whilst i was there i found my pipe next to the cam (which goes into the air routing) was off so put that back on also,that probvs aint helped things and makes sense why my arm is black

Tbh I don't think they clean up. I think it's a internal fault but it's worth a try! There easy to get hold of if you need a new one and I think there even quite cheap from pug. Let me know if you want me to have a look if you don't have service box.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
were you driving and recording at the same time ?
Thanks given by:
Yes I was driving at same time, yea it happened again after I cleaned it,they are bout £20 on eBay.

Naill if you could please mate I won't have a chance to access SB till Tuesday
Thanks given by:
Mine does this too lol and you can definitely feel the difference in power lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
epic 0-60 time

im guessing fuel magnets and an electric turbo ???
Thanks given by:
Lol@ Cully. But yeah, speedo sensor, would recommend genuine or decent oem manu replacement rather than ebay fella.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Apeed sensor - P/N 6160 70 - £52.25.

Bit more than I though :/
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Mine does it quite frequently. Need to replace the speedo sensor but haven't been bothered yet lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
At that price cheers fella....going to have to be eBay this time

Cully - sheep fuel mate
Thanks given by:
Mine does this. it doesn't fluctuate at the bottom. It just sits there! Cant really feel the loss of power however normally im driving down liverpool streets past speed cameras petrified of being caught speeding!
Thanks given by:
Had high speeds 60mph etc you feel the power straight away. Lost it once pulling out and that was scary
Thanks given by:
Just bought this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEARBOX-SPEED ... 977wt_1037

If you buy via....
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/welsh_ben

earn yourself a few pence each and every time you make purchases online Smile
Thanks given by:
changed the speedo sensor and now its not working at all!!! changed it back to the "faulty" sensor and now thasts not working either FFS!!!!
Thanks given by:
Sounds to me like a faulty wire down by the back of the engine. Time to get the multimeter out!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
or it could be the plastic ribbon on the back of the dials with the copper tracks in, i have the same with my rev counter and speedo...sometimes you have dials, other times you don't.

I just need to get a set of broken dials so i can peel the plastic ribbon off with copper tracks in it...all my sensors and woring seem ok!
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:or it could be the plastic ribbon on the back of the dials with the copper tracks in, i have the same with my rev counter and speedo...sometimes you have dials, other times you don't.

I just need to get a set of broken dials so i can peel the plastic ribbon off with copper tracks in it...all my sensors and woring seem ok!

That's a good point. Very easy to check if you have a multimeter!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Dodgy wiring at back of dials wouldn't cause me to lose 10+bhp Sad
Thanks given by:
Hmm didn't read that. That is weird and weird normally means earth fault!
Check your bay earths. There's one on the box right near the speedo sensor. Also below the accelerator pedal. Give them all a good clean and check for broken wiring.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The fault isn't causing the loss in power, the lack of speedo is causing the lack of power. Im assuming that the map needs to know the speed as one of the variables to determine how much fuel to inject. So when it doesn't know the actual speed, it goes to a "default" map, kinda when the maf sensor dies, it reverts back to a default map. That's what i assume is happening
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yea connor sounds about right..it feel more than 90bhp but it certainly aint 130ish lol

so maybe my clocks/dials are to blame then???
Thanks given by:
No they won't be. Speed sensor goes to the ecu and dials get there Info from the ecu.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electrical woes bashbarnard 13 2,900 06-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Electrical help!!! Pompey306mark 7 1,964 16-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
Rainbow I got a electrical problem tomosy10 9 2,403 19-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob