Electrical woes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrical woes
So ive had the dash out of the kingfisher for a couple of weeks now to weld up everything. Put the dash back in and the battery light is on! Plus as an added insult it also seems like the acc is switched in the ignition barrel so wipers work etc while ignition is off. The barrel can be disconnected and this still happens.
The earth is good under the dash have checked
Everything works as it should when the igntion is on
Alternator has been repaced as i thought it had shorted
Earth straps in bay have been changed (broke while doing matrix pipes)
The chassis leg connectors are
Immaculate no corrosion at all
There are two connectors that look like they should be plugged in but are not they are pictured. The brown is passenger side foot well and the white is drivers footwell. ANY ideas please?

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So ive hd a few people confirm what i though about these connectors. So if no one else has any ideas ill have to rip the dash out again tomorrow night
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
that's not gonna be good for your blood pressure....
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2017, 08:57 PM)Doseph Wrote: that's not gonna be good for your blood pressure....

are you implying that i sometimes get stressed when i have a dead line
Thanks given by:
i think you get stressed when you work on 306s mate :p
Thanks given by:
dash is back out. Cant see a single thing ive done wrong everything looks perfect. Im lost for ideas now i thought i made a stupid mistake but havnt
Thanks given by:
Finally fixed. Nonidea what it was. Took everything out twice! Replaced earths, alternator, cleaned connections, checked internally in the fuse box. Couldnt see a thing. Tonight went out again. Checked the on dash with multimeter. (Boring as hell work) again couldnt see any issues. Put it back in to test with some bits connected and the faults gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Auto electrics is most definitely a dark art!  I dread the day I have a fault like that.
Thanks given by:
what the hell
Thanks given by:
did you take any pictures of the welding? and where did it need welding behind the dash please??
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2017, 10:54 AM)pug306driver Wrote: did you take any pictures of the welding? and where did it need welding behind the dash please??

I have done indeed. There are a few bits and photos in the "queeny" project thread of my wifes. Im sure she will upload more at some point as well.

On a side note the dash is back in and every thing works as it should. I have no idea what happened but its taken me since may the 8th to get this section of the job including the welding complete so a fair while for me
Thanks given by:
nice one mate, who knows, maybe something not located quite right, at least she's good now Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Just had a look in 306 projects section going back 5 pages, and the other marques projects bit as well but could not find any reference to a "queeny" ??
Thanks given by:
Defo there [Image: 561a3cc57bbec969015545e5eb757a86.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electrical help!!! Pompey306mark 7 1,964 16-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
Rainbow I got a electrical problem tomosy10 9 2,403 19-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  Central Locking Woes...Electrical guru..... darrenjlobb 8 1,709 05-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob