Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside)
Few updates...
New plates and surrounds are on. No pictures of these yet as I've been working on my interior today. Started yesterday and finished the bits I set out to do today.
Havent got any complete fully finished pictures yet, but I'll lave this as a teaser...
[Image: 20120323_172228.jpg]
[Image: 20120323_170429.jpg]
Quite a bit has changed since that picture though, but gives the idea.
Can't stand the beige for any longer!
Thanks given by:
pleeeeease say you did the pirate headlining!

looks swish man, cant wait to see the full job!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Couple of updates, some pictures of my interior as far as I've got...
[Image: 20120327_155756.jpg]
[Image: 20120327_155905.jpg]

And decided to whip off my bumper today ninja
[Image: IMG_0003-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0001-1.jpg]

Which resulted in this...
[Image: IMG_0011-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0016-1.jpg]

Smile
Thanks given by:
niiiice loving the interior man! how far you gunna take it?

Thanks given by:
Multi function steering wheel :o. Want!
Was just wondering what's missing behind your bumper....then realistd its the ic that you don't have lol.

Note sure on the pillars atm.... :think:
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:niiiice loving the interior man! how far you gunna take it?
Gonna get the headlining black and then go from there.
The visors are different colours at the moment 'cause I'm not sure if I should go red on black or black on black with them.

Toms306 Wrote:Multi function steering wheel :o. Want!
Was just wondering what's missing behind your bumper....then realistd its the ic that you don't have lol.

Note sure on the pillars atm.... :think:

Steering wheel is nice Big Grin
Meh, you don't like the idea of running veg, so your opinion is no longer valid Tongue
Thanks given by:
Also, just found the wheels I want, but no dollllar to afford them.
[Image: 396843_10151148609930367_652700366_22530...1977_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I bought that same red material to do my pillars in. Ill get round to it in a few weeks time! Big Grin Looks good though. Hope mine comes out just as well!
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:I bought that same red material to do my pillars in. Ill get round to it in a few weeks time! Big Grin Looks good though. Hope mine comes out just as well!

Dead easy to work with tbh, thought it'd be a right PITA, but was quite easy Smile
Thanks given by:
Are you defo doing yours red now sam? lol
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Saw them porsche wheels on edition the other day, pretty good deal on them tbh! Smile

Dont know if you've ever seen 'Bally's car in its old guise, but if you havent - heres a couple of photos to tempt you.... Tongue

[Image: lo.jpg]

[Image: 6113914464_1f02167282_z.jpg]

[Image: sideee.jpg]

:romance-inlove: :romance-inlove:
Thanks given by:
There is a golf near me that has them wheels looks stupidly nice! I'll get a picture of it tomorrow Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Not hanging around with this are you! Confusedhock:

Nice progress Smile

Not sure on the Porsche wheels though, I think you should get a set like Dans ninja
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:... get a set like Dans ninja

Good luck with that :auto-layrubber:
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:... get a set like Dans ninja

Good luck with that :auto-layrubber:

lol I know, its about as likely as someone getting a set of my Ronals! Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Not hanging around with this are you! Confusedhock:

Nice progress Smile

Not sure on the Porsche wheels though, I think you should get a set like Dans ninja

No point in hanging around.
Did even more painting today. Got two wheels sprayed up, look miles better in anthracite. Just looks a bit daft one side anth, the other silver haha!
However, I am craving lows. Need to wait a while though as can't really afford them until the end of April...
Thanks given by:
You just going for the cheapy coilovers? Can't go to wrong with the £150 JOM's with a 2 year warranty imo!
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:You just going for the cheapy coilovers? Can't go to wrong with the £150 JOM's with a 2 year warranty imo!
'xactly what I'm gonna do.
Looked at the shafts and ARB and looks like I'll be able to go fairly low before raisers/notch/arb...
Thanks given by:
You can usually do about 40mm with no knocking, or about 50/55mm if you can put up with clonking over bumps. I ran with the clonking for about 3 months I think, then swapped the arb and lowered it more, then had it clonking on the chassis for ages haha, all fun and games :roll:
Thanks given by:
What's the comfort like at say 40mm on those JOMs? Are they what you've got Dan?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:What's the comfort like at say 40mm on those JOMs? Are they what you've got Dan?

If they are anything like the TA ones Tom you will HATE them! Since your concerned about comfort, if you only want to go down 40mm the just get some springs, will be much more comfortable Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Tbf I was well impressed with the ride until I went properly low. At about 40mm they were not much worse than standard. Although if you never want to bother going any lower then its probably better to just get some 40mm rpings and polo top mounts Smile
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Tbf I was well impressed with the ride until I went properly low. At about 40mm they were not much worse than standard. Although if you never want to bother going any lower then its probably better to just get some 40mm rpings and polo top mounts Smile

Well I'll never go as low as yours cos I like ride comfort too much lol. But not sure if 40 would be enough, if it would then you're right shocks and springs would be better...but what if I get them and they're not low enough.... :think: :?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:Tbf I was well impressed with the ride until I went properly low. At about 40mm they were not much worse than standard. Although if you never want to bother going any lower then its probably better to just get some 40mm rpings and polo top mounts Smile

Well I'll never go as low as yours cos I like ride comfort too much lol. But not sure if 40 would be enough, if it would then you're right shocks and springs would be better...but what if I get them and they're not low enough.... :think: :?

Can you work a tape measure?? work it out before you buy them.................
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Not much to update with really.
Got my eye on some wheels currently and coilies will be purchased early next week along with a new set of top-mounts. CBA to get the compressors out and seems like a good time to re-new them
Anyways, some pictures of the wheels...
[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]

8.5j fronts and 10j rears. 5x112 but come with adapters. Just waiting to hear back if the advert offset is with or without the adapters...

EDIT:
Adpaters are 15mm, so if the offset of the wheel is ET31 then the spaced offset will become ET16?

Think Monty2's are ET42...
TO GOOGLE!
Thanks given by:
epic wheels, they'd look awesome methinks!

Thanks given by:
Those wheels do look sweet Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Also loving the wheel choice man...........get them bought! Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
With regards to the ET, the mk4 and Bora have the same hub/arch setup, so they should sit the same on your Bora as they are on the Golf you posted? Smile
Thanks given by:
Ordering coilies on Monday/Tuesday.
And those wheels are ending tomorrow. Hopefully get them cheaper than the BIN price they're listed for.
However it may be a while before stuff is on, deadlines and exams, but I finish on the 11th of May so not too long to wait Big Grin
Doubt coilies will be on before the Mids meet next Saturday.

Also, if you look at this Dan, did you have any clearance issues with Monty2's and coilies?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 2.1td inside [[[portuguese project]]] fabiosilva16 47 27,335 30-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jonas306
  Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D londondan86 283 94,127 15-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Cbray2003
  Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6 Scott 533 292,875 23-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Niall