Project hopeful, no will power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project hopeful, no will power
looking tidy already fella.

I guarantee that filter pod is restrictive though ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not tidy enough. Lol. I like things looking neat. The filter is staying for now. Not part of the "yeah defilter it man" crew. Lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
well bash what its like to drive? I bet its a full blown hoot!
Thanks given by:
It's awesome. To be fair I'm already itching for more power though. The torque is great . The little turbo comes on full chat mega fast. Now with the 10mm lines lit up in fourth today!! I'll have to get Lu in the car for a 0-60 video. Also now I've got the exhaust done its mega quiet apart from the pshhhh every gear change that has become a ridiculously addictive noise. Lol.

Also its an estate. Tried to keep everything stealth so you cant even see the cooler either. Surprises quite a few people.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
What have you used for clear fuel lines btw?

Chance they are going to be susceptible to going hard / brittle / cracking with heat cycles?
Thanks given by:
It was some stuff on ebay that specifically said good for wvo\svo. We will see over time how it holds up. Im not entirely convinced myself but for sub £10 delivers it was worth a punt.
Thanks given by:
fair enough, never seen anything that was clear and actually advertised as fuel resistant - keep us updated, as it is prety useful stuff to spot air ingress Smile
Thanks given by:
That was the reason I bought it to spot air ingress just makes diagnostics easier in the long run. Holds shape really well as well so that's a bonus.
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2015, 08:01 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: It's awesome. To be fair I'm already itching for more power though. The torque is great . The little turbo comes on full chat mega fast. Now with the 10mm lines lit up in fourth today!! I'll have to get Lu in the car for a 0-60 video. Also now I've got the exhaust done its mega quiet apart from the pshhhh every gear change that has become a  ridiculously addictive noise. Lol.

Also its an estate. Tried to keep everything stealth so you cant even see the cooler either. Surprises quite a few people.

I never knew you swopped the sedan for an estate! I had to read through on what happened, as I haven't had the chance to catch up on the build.
I bet the it is addictive! kicking it all over just for the sound and the power! It is funny isn't it surprising quite a few people!  In a car that is tooled up underneath but standard out side.
just wait till some chav has a go at you!
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2015, 08:46 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: That was the reason I bought it to spot air ingress just makes diagnostics easier in the long run. Holds shape really well as well so that's a bonus.

I used a short stretch of the stuff on mine only in the engine bay so I could see if it wasn't holding up to it as although apparently OK I didn't entirely trust it. It's food grade PP or PE (the same stuff as the standard short stretch of return line is made out of) and advertised as being suitable for fuel, oil, WVO etc. Also the 10mm stuff and upwards is reinforced too (you can see the white cris cross bits) so that's a bonus.
Thanks given by:
Just read this fare play looks great man Wat u got planned next for it :-) 
Thanks given by:
The sedan got swapped out as it got written off. Couldn't resist the allure of an estate. Yes dum that's the stuff on ebay. The reinforcement helps clip it to standard plastic brackets on the car. The next plan with it paddy is save up for "stage three" of the project. Headstuds, bigger turbo, better clutch, better pump more bhp. 200bhp here I come!!
Thanks given by:
So I figure out I need tyres again. 1st 2nd and 3rd are dangerous in the wet on b roads. I blame Sam who sold me them telling me yokohoma s drives were the best tyres ever. Its obviously his fault.
Thanks given by:
If you mean Rowell aka Eeyore, then, well, that's your own daft fault. Still amazes me anyone takes advice on handling from him considering his track record. Tongue

When do we get a decent video of this then?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well I might get a video tonight as its dry and im seeing Sam to help his 1.8 along a bit. Small update got rid of tiny universal cone and took a leaf out of piggys book and bought a s2000 filter. Less turbo noise now but more flow. So that's good. Offering my nimrods up for swaps as well as I want to go back to 15s. 1 for tyre options and 2 for sleepernessness.
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2015, 04:54 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So I figure out I need tyres again. 1st 2nd and 3rd are dangerous in the wet on b roads. I blame Sam who sold me them telling me yokohoma s drives were the best tyres ever. Its obviously his fault.

I dont remember ever saying that.  Sleepy

But yes Bash did come over last night and took me out for a spin. Car is already tidy but isnt tidy enough... apparently! Pulls well and the noise is very addictive!
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 08:48 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(20-05-2015, 04:54 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So I figure out I need tyres again. 1st 2nd and 3rd are dangerous in the wet on b roads. I blame Sam who sold me them telling me yokohoma s drives were the best tyres ever. Its obviously his fault.

I dont remember ever saying that.  Sleepy

You didn't but I have to blame someone Wink the wheels were bought because I needed legal tyres if truth be told.
Thanks given by:
So some bad news update.
My pump is increasing air cheap fix
My clutch slipped today. Valeo on 10k. Shit
Thanks given by:
hmmm torque!

Exactly same happened with mine. Roll on the power!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah I knew it was gonna happen eventually. It seems to have bedded in a bit and holding fine again. Its a warning sign I need to start saving.
Thanks given by:
shame about the tyres and clutch there bash, what tyres are you going to go for?
Thanks given by:
Well the tyres will be whatever piggys old ones were running. Think they were firestones as im getting his old wheels. But I will be saving up for some rainsports as quite a few people on here give them good reviews.
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2015, 10:49 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Well the tyres will be whatever piggys old ones were running. Think they were firestones as im getting his old wheels. But I will be saving up for some rainsports as quite a few people on here give them good reviews.

Uniroyal RS3s can be had for 30something per corner from camskill. I've got a set and they're good. Not premium tyres but overall pretty decent and excellent for daily driving as their wet performance doesn't particularly feel much different to their dry performance which is very confidence inspiring.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Black masking happening tonight. Costs next to nothing as well which is good at the moment. Lol
Thanks given by:
so how did it come out... Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They have just this second had there second coat. Look good. Makes a change painting easy bits. Lol. Just got my spare phase two set of lights in atm so im in no rush. Also fcs parade lap photos are up. Smile
Thanks given by:
I think i'm in love with your facial hair.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: bashbarnard
Thanks i grew it myself
Thanks given by:
Some tidy setup here, a credit to you, sir. Nice to meet you too.

What are we thinking on clutch? Ought to be a paddle for sure?
Thanks given by:
Thanks man. Smile always nice for people to see that I've put the effort in. As for the clutch it will have to be paddle. Cant afford helix so will be a cg one. At the moment though its holding I only get occasional slip in 5th when cold at this time. Lets hope it holds a while longer.
Thanks given by: