306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project hopeful, no will power - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project hopeful, no will power (/showthread.php?tid=22040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Project hopeful, no will power - bashbarnard - 09-03-2014

Right I've recently bought another 306 and am back on the scene. I've had an xrdt, dturbo and an estate in the past. Couldn't resist another. Here's some pics as everyone loves pics Smile [attachment=14203]

[attachment=14204][attachment=14205]

This one is a 5 door turbo diesel.

Plans so far weld in inner rear quarter on Sunday next week as it is fecked will get some pics when done

Get the pepper Potts on. ( I have a set banging about )

Bosch pump set up for wvo and svo

Front mount

Lowerd

Meridian seats

205 steering wheel (again banging about)

New rad and gauges already bought.

Some other little tweaks might make a straight through exhaust as well as I've got some kit at work

What do people think?

RE: Project cook - 7057sam - 09-03-2014

Looks good tom

What wheels are you going for when you lower it?

RE: Project cook - Mattcheese31 - 09-03-2014

colour is truly disgusting but not to worry . . .it'll make a good veg burner i'm sure . .Smile

Project cook - bashbarnard - 09-03-2014

Im not sure yet probably 205 1.9 speedlines or cyclones. Maybe even aftermarket but
Most i dont like. I quite like the colour its different. Although i need a front
Bumper and cant
Find one
In this colour

RE: Project cook - Poodle - 10-03-2014

What are you cooking, the potato you took those piccies with?

Seriously, where is the troll face smiley? Mods??

Re: Project cook - bashbarnard - 10-03-2014

The project started off as project cooking oil baby transportation but got shortened to cook. Like cook from skins.
The troll face you require is here [attachment=14231]

No mods as of yet though the pepperpotts are at work ATM having tyres put on the rest of the mods will come as and when moneys free.

Also just got gauges through so they will be weird in soon as well. Welding comes first though.

*Wired* not weird stupid auto correct

RE: Project cook - Poodle - 11-03-2014

Haha sorry, that last comment was directed at the mods, aka forum moderators. Thank you for finding me a troll face anyway. lol

What gauges are you putting in, the usual boost, oil temp and egt, or..?

Project cook - bashbarnard - 11-03-2014

Ive got boost oil pressure and volts bought as three im ditching the volts and probably get egt to be fair. Put areo wipers and xsara washers on today get a tyre in tomorrow for pepperpotts then they will be on. Gauges might be in at weekend time dependent ive gotta weld an inner rear quarter in as well mines screwed. Will take some pictures of everything as i go too.

Project cook - bashbarnard - 14-03-2014

Nice scrap yard trip this morning. Stealth shelf,head light, bumper, couple of interior trims,set of mats, inner rear quarter to weld in and inner arch liner £35 quid!

Re: Project cook - bashbarnard - 14-03-2014

[attachment=14307][attachment=14308][attachment=14309][attachment=14310]

Re: Project cook - bashbarnard - 16-03-2014

[attachment=14364] thought it was bad ........ 8 hours today though all cut out new panel welded in forgot to take picture of completely in was knackerd [attachment=14365] when all rust was cut back. [attachment=14366][attachment=14367]

You can see the panel I welded in in the toolbox PIC on the floor

RE: Project cook - Poodle - 17-03-2014

Woah, that really is bad. O.o

Good deal at the scrapyard there, the big one near me puts it's prices up by the week at the moment - had to pay £12 plus vat for a single boost pipe a couple of weeks back. Angry

Moving pretty quick with this, got any more plans for her yet?

Project cook - bashbarnard - 17-03-2014

Yeah was really bad considering the rest of the car is spotless! Ive got to put the new rad in ive got my eye on a gti6 axle to lower her and convert rear to discs. Im trying to get as much done as possible as my first kid is due in 2 weeks and things will come to a stand still.
£12 for one boost pipe what a rip off! Lucky my ones a local scrappy in the middle of nowhere just go with my tools strip what i want and then talk money.

Project cook - bashbarnard - 20-03-2014

Right new rad in today phase 1 instead of 2 due to space saving. Had to be changed anyway. Also found out why my air filter kept getting water in the bottom. Had a crack in the side. So have removed it all. Got a sock over it atm. Green stripy one FTW!! [Image: 2y5eha5u.jpg][Image: a3e9yvyq.jpg]
Sorry about poor quality pics phone is caped in crap atm.

RE: Project cook - bashbarnard - 26-03-2014

Found a new axle form the beast so I can rebuild and put on. Hopefully get it this weekend. Baby dependent (we are due next Tuesday) also need some lowering stings 30\40 mm not a lot. I also want to maintain a little comfort as well

RE: Project cook - bashbarnard - 29-03-2014

Picked up rear axle today and a set of dturbo blue fleck seats. Will get some pictures up if I manage to get the axle apart tomorrow

Re: Project cook - bashbarnard - 30-03-2014

Got the seats from 3 door dturbo in today and one torsion bar out of the new axle here's the seats. [attachment=14809]

Re: Project cook - bashbarnard - 09-04-2014

Finally pulled the axle to bits. Has taken me a while as we now have the little one here. Smile just got a question for the axle gurus. One side is serviceable the other is buggered. Got some pictures. [attachment=15177] the bearings in this side are free moving no wear to see. So I'm going to put this side back together as ia. [attachment=15178] this side the bearings are gone but thankfully the cross tube is fine I need a new trailing arm shaft and bearings for this side. Any good sources?
The fi ak question is could I bolt my drums to these hubs or am I going to have to source callipers as these done look so good..[attachment=15179] h/b levers are ceased solid. Sad cables are ok though.
Thoughts people?

RE: Project cook - Poodle - 10-04-2014

Could rebuild the calipers yourself, if you can do a beam you can certainly manage them. Bigg red do seal kits for about £30 the pair iirc, can get new sliders from them too.

Making good progress with this, fair play!

RE: Project cook - bashbarnard - 10-04-2014

Never thought of rebuilding them to be fair shouldn't be to bad. I'll take a look into getting the seal kit. Going to press the bad trailing arm shaft off today. Should be interesting. Going to have to lower my other beam on the car instead whike.im waiting for parts.

RE: Project cook - pugmanxud - 10-04-2014

Nothing these motors can't do haha

RE: Project cook - bashbarnard - 17-04-2014

So I bought a set of rusty coilovers for the bargain price of 25quid. But wait what's that attached to it. 266mm brakes with drilled and grooved discs

[attachment=15525]

RE: Project cook - bashbarnard - 19-04-2014

Pulled the coilovers to bits today cleaned all threads up greased everything made sure shocks were ok. Adjusters now.move by hand all the way up and down so going to pop them on and see how they go. They have technix written on them. Think there cheap ones will have a look online.

Re: Project cook - bashbarnard - 21-04-2014

The result of 2 days buggering about and a set of speedlines which one is bent so can't stay on. Hope to get a new one though. Think it looks good. [attachment=15646]

The beam on the car (which is being replaced) had to be notch lowerd and one of the torsion bar washers bust so instead of buying a new one I welded the bugger in. Just because I'm not buying new stuff when I'm putting another axle on in a few weeks.

RE: Project cook - bashbarnard - 23-04-2014

So after a couple of hours today the new brakes are on the front. along with anti roll bar link. Slight issue though I got supplied the incorrect connection to make my braided hose up and now have to wait another day for it. FML

RE: Project cook - bashbarnard - 09-05-2014

UPDATE my axle on my car is now buggered. Starting to lean. I have two rear beams that I can put on one I'm rebuilding and another emergency beam that I bought for just the brakes. I really don't have the time atm though work coming out my arear. Someone come help me rebuild my axle one evening next week!!

RE: Project cook - pugmanxud - 11-05-2014

I'd give you a hand mate

RE: Project cook - bashbarnard - 11-05-2014

I need to get all the bits in one place then I'll give u a text. Smile

RE: Project cook - Dum-Dum - 11-05-2014

Cars looking good in the last photo mate, cant believe how bad that rust was.

RE: Project cook - Tom - 11-05-2014

Bargain coilovers/brakes! Wink