Toms306s Project - Fodge!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306s Project - Fodge!
yeh but it would be epic! If i was worried about £100 more on the insurance i wouldnt be driving the 1.8!
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:yeh but it would be epic! If i was worried about £100 more on the insurance i wouldnt be driving the 1.8!

I don't have money to waste like you do lol.....to swap from nad is gonna be like extra 450 quid as it is.... Sad

So keeping the nad won't even be possible when I properly swap the golf on. Fed up of lack of money tbh.
Thanks given by:
Same here on the money thing mate, I need to get rid of the VRS for a nice, economical HDI/XUD before it bankrupts me. The wishbone bushes are just starting to knock, I priced them up at nearly £100... That wouldn't even be £20 for a 306, the insurance is £150 a month, my rent has gone up, the washing machine a couple of weeks back and I still haven't got one and to top it off, there might be another mouth to feed in 9 months...

Being skint is shit Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
So I'm sure you're all as eager to know the rolling road results as I was..................but don't be.............really! lol

[Image: CollegeDynoday2013.jpg]

Heres the graph...........I was told that although the revs read wrong, the power is accurate........then I noticed that I only have 70Nm of torque......and I'm only losing 9bhp through the tranny!? Confusedhock: So yeah doesn't seem to be too accurate to me, can't say whether the powers accurate or not though. Sad

[Image: img002.jpg]

Also...the second run I tried I was only getting 30 WHP at 2.5k rpm.......so did it go in to limp mode?? :? Either way, there was a stored overboost/boost control code which I cleared and it didn't come back after a good rag, so possibly an old code from the old turbo....but that doesnt explain the 30hp then lol.... Btw, I felt no loss of power when actually driving it, but obv couldnt tell on the rolling road as driving feels weird enough on that anyway lol.

No time for another run so thats it really. Sad But I have just had a very nice offer of a rolling session after posting on another forum from the guy selling the maps so he's clearly sure it should be making more.... Smile

Oh and my tutor decided to add to my dissapointment by writing in the soot I left behind. :roll: lol

[Image: CollegeDynoday2014.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Still want to put it up against the Octavia? lol
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Still want to put it up against the Octavia? lol

On this dyno?.....Yes! lol
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:On this dyno?.....Yes! lol

So what your saying is your Golf made about the same power that most 130s do with a remap? Must be the dyno then eh? lol
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:On this dyno?.....Yes! lol

So what your saying is your Golf made about the same power that most 130s do with a remap? Must be the dyno then eh? lol

It made 70nm of torque though.....my wheel bolts have more torque than that....its clearly not accurate is it. lmao plus I should be losing a lot more power through the gearbox, so I'm pretty sure the power isn't accurate tbh.
Thanks given by:
you didnt have to pay for that run did you? D:
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:you didnt have to pay for that run did you? D:

No of course not! I did it myself and the college had the dyno donated to them....so there's nothing that needed paying for. Smile

If I can find a decent local one do you want a dyno run too? :think:
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:No of course not! I did it myself and the college had the dyno donated to them....so there's nothing that needed paying for. Smile

:

they have to pay for it to be calabrated! or your just pissing in the wind reading those figures if its not calabrated

oh and you can get any figure you want from a dyno depending on the settings you use
so maybe most of the figures comes down to the inexperianced dyno operator!
Thanks given by:
Prob get more accurate figures off a phone app!
Thanks given by:
get another place to dyno it tom or see about a golf meet doing a dyno. but with what you said before about it been bedded in at 1k id have say you should wait another few more k just to be sure.
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:get another place to dyno it tom or see about a golf meet doing a dyno. but with what you said before about it been bedded in at 1k id have say you should wait another few more k just to be sure.

Wait longer?? It'll be broken again before then! lol

Seriosuly though, think theres a boost leak somewhere now as theres quite a bit of on boost smoke (nothing like when the turbo went though!).

But, bad news is after tomorow it's no longer insured....and it doesn't look I can insure it anyway. So dunno what to do now, might try sell it as it is, might put some standard parts back on and sell it....might see if I can swap it for a standard PD150 (makes sense as I already have parts to swap onto another golf/A3/Leon before I get the 'buy a hdi' comments).

Otherwise.....well....if it doesn't sell well and leaves me very out of pocket then I might be looking at HDi's....sigh.

Whatever it is NEEDS - High spec, at least 125bhp, diesel (sigh), cheap tax, 60mpg...................but I'll just use the NAD for now (yet another sigh lol ).
Thanks given by:
what you described above is a 306 hdi tom! Just get one already! Yeh i would find a local rollers to go with you on but ill be getting mine done at FCS Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2012, 07:50 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: So what your saying is your Golf made about the same power that most 130s do with a remap? Must be the dyno then eh? lol

Lol some make that power as standard lol

Just buy a diesel 306 Tom. you know you want to.
Thanks given by:
Hmm.....two months without an update on this lol. Its for sale if anyones interested..............pahaha, like anyone on here would be interested. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Nobody wants a Vag..... Big Grin
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, hopefully someone will lol.
Thanks given by:
I might be.... Buts i swear you said it wasnt cheap? which rules me out lol
Thanks given by:
It won't be cheap....find another top spec, 5 door GT tdi real tidy bodywork, with 130k, full vw service history and all the mods too. It owes me over 3500 quid as it stands (inc wheels, towbar, power mods).....so I'll lose out whatever happens...obviously I want to lose as little as possible though.
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 10:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It won't be cheap....find another top spec, 5 door GT tdi real tidy bodywork, with 130k, full vw service history and all the mods too. It owes me over 3500 quid as it stands (inc wheels, towbar, power mods).....so I'll lose out whatever happens...obviously I want to lose as little as possible though.

But it has a broken DMF does it not? So surely its worth no where near that?
Thanks given by:
I was looking at Golfs a while ago Tom, I'd say you've way overvalued your car there! What it owes you and what it's worth are quite different! You could get 02 plate gt tdi 130s with less than 100k on for around the £3k mark, what reg is yours?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 04:44 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: I was looking at Golfs a while ago Tom, I'd say you've way overvalued your car there! What it owes you and what it's worth are quite different! You could get 02 plate gt tdi 130s with less than 100k on for around the £3k mark, what reg is yours?

Exactly this. You can spend what you like on the car but at the end of the day you will only fetch market value + maybe a little extra depending what you've done (people pay more for 12m mot and tax etc). Spending tonnes of money then expecting it to be worth the market value + what you've spent just never works sadly
Thanks given by:
It's a 52 plate....and I haven't valued it at all yet so how can I have overvalued it lol? Confused I said what it owes me, I know I won't get that back.

Apparently I'm just having hypo-car-ndria about the dmf, I've been told its not broken and I'm imagining it lol.

I don't know whether or not to remove mods and sell eeperately yet, if I do....I'll be looking for around 2500 ish.....if I sell with mods, a bit more obv.
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 05:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's a 52 plate....and I haven't valued it at all yet so how can I have overvalued it lol? Confused I said what it owes me, I know I won't get that back.

Apparently I'm just having hypo-car-ndria about the dmf, I've been told its not broken and I'm imagining it lol.

I don't know whether or not to remove mods and sell eeperately yet, if I do....I'll be looking for around 2500 ish.....if I sell with mods, a bit more obv.

How about this.. a custom built 6 and a mcflurry
Thanks given by:
Well, I don't like ice cream, but If I could afford to fuel a'6....hell yes. Unfortunately I can't.
Thanks given by:
So erm, you know how cams are usually cam shaped like the one below, usually with a little less filings hanging off....

Yeah umm, the far right one is more egg shaped! lol

But on a serious note, with that much wear, and the huge dent in the lifter, the exhaust valve barely opens, litteraly a couple of mm max! Guessing that's the main problem lol.
Thanks given by:
What engine is it? I thought the 150's have crap cams?
Thanks given by:
Clearly 130s do as well!

It's actually the same part, but the 150s work it harder so they wear quicker.....that is until you're pushing mote than 150bhp through a 130. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toms306s "Bit Of A 'State" Toms306 227 86,759 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191