Sigma ph1 dt. Project respray :) Stopped Cat flaming C

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma ph1 dt. Project respray :) Stopped Cat flaming C
(11-03-2014, 11:15 PM)anto Wrote: Does cat c not just mean the car was written off because it was an uneconomical repair? No reason why it cant be put back on the road provided all repairs were carried out.

Yeah was put back on the road, but my plan was to make it mint! No cost to much on it! but seeing that on the v5 has put me off!! No car sells for as much as a car with a clean history
Thanks given by:
In reality,how much is a d turbo worth?maybe 400-800 depending mods

even the crapest car go for 300 so for the sake of a few hundred lost on resale.I'd stick with it Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
If the shell is sound id work away at it. If it went back on the road the chassis is obviously straight so provided its not rusty then it sounds like a decent base car. Why was it written off?
History doesnt matter to these cars they are worth f*ck all mow anyway, regardless of how "mint" they are.
Thanks given by:
D turbos arent worth anything anyway, just carry on, no point selling it because it has cat c wrote on the log book.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
As said, as long as the car is looking straight crack on with your plans. someone may have taken it to a garage who did a good repair on it.

Most of my vehicles have been Cat C or Cat D.
Thanks given by:
Isn't cat c like bodywork damage?

That dented door for example....

I got a 2003 renault laguna as an engine donar for £280 as it was cat c, just a bent in door and sill. Easily repairable

306 are a piece of piss to repair as long as the chassis is straight
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah what ozone said, a dented door or wing or bumper will easily write off an old 306 in a flash
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
taken from:

http://www.rac.co.uk/community/blog/rac-...write-off/

Quote:Write-off categories
Category A: scrap only. For cars so badly damaged, there are few or no salvageable parts. Should never re-appear on road.

Category B: body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road.

Category C: the vehicle is repairable but the costs exceed the vehicle’s value. Can re-appear on road.

Category D: the vehicle is repairable but repair costs are significant compared to the vehicle value. Can re-appear on road.
Thanks given by:
Put me off the car. So ive sold it to the old man to commute to work and back daily!. She will live on just not with me Smile. Got my eye on getting a 205 stdt,

Will be a few more updates on this thread as ive sold him a few parts to go with the car. The other parts will be listed in the for sale section soon Smile
Thanks given by:
shame you got short for the same of it been a CAT C, also as long as its been repaired ok, then who cares, Id have still made it mint, i mean, look at me, with a 20 year old plus rover metro! That should have been giving the elbow years ago!
just think, this with the morrets on and compomotive mo's! , with the leather interior. It would have looked the part!
Thanks given by:
Ive got a ph1 half leather interior and a set of tsw stealth's that i got for her, these are a few of the parts im selling in due course
Thanks given by:
Most cars have had cat c damage in there lifetime, just not recorded
Thanks given by:
The door damage is easily enough for cat c.

I know as mine was cat c for almost identical damage to the door.
Thanks given by:
I thought cat d was panel damage uneconomical to repair and cat c was chassis damage uneconomical repair that requires a VIC test
Thanks given by:
No chassis damage with my door/wing cat c... had to have a vic though.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Daily Sigma (16V TU) darrenjlobb 159 33,744 18-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Phase 1 Sigma GTi6 Project c.gerrard 75 19,081 04-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Last Post: c.gerrard
  Project 69'er - Phase 1 Sigma DTurbo 306Brad 75 44,782 19-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Last Post: barney