205 GLD Sleeper :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 GLD Sleeper :)
(18-02-2014, 09:38 PM)Sambarker Wrote: I have a hdi box ready to bolt onto an xud. I'm using a Xantia box instead

Do you think a xantia box has much different ratios to a hdi box? Have you got it fitted?
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 10:06 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(18-02-2014, 09:38 PM)Sambarker Wrote: I have a hdi box ready to bolt onto an xud. I'm using a Xantia box instead

Do you think a xantia box has much different ratios to a hdi box? Have you got it fitted?

JP ran a xantia box and iirc said it was like a cross between a dt/hdi box

Plus it's already bolted to the dhx xantia lump I'm using!
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers. Maybe something for me to consider
Thanks given by:
Thought I would do I little update on this not much happening tbh, still need an injector to see if it runs but been busy with the 106 as it seems everything just decided to brake in 1 go lol anyway this come in post

[Image: DSC_0450_zps2c0f833f.jpg]

Last night I also made a daft offer on a different (bigger) turbo and to my surprise the person accepted Big Grin I won't be saying what it is because it might be shite lol but if it makes good results I will share, but I will be running the gt20 to start with then swapping later on once everything all bedded in Smile

So soon as I've sorted 106 I will get an injector and and get cracking with this Smile

Thanks given by:
Run the bugger one with the gt20...epic compound
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 12:43 PM)Piggy Wrote: Run the bugger one with the gt20...epic compound

Ha ha Tbh that's has been talked about but I don't wanna go throwing rods.

Thanks given by:
Attempted first start today, got an injector sorted all bits and bobs that needed finishing, then ash_23 popped past to lend a hand but we couldn't get fuel coming out the pump. So Ash got off back to work, I spoke to Jenks about pump did some fiddling removed the plunger from the stop solenoid I've now started to get Fuel from bottom two injector ports nothing from top two, but I'm struggling with turning the engine over as jump leads are two skinny, jump pack is shite don't even touch it and battery that come with car is dead as anything.

So given up for today till I sort some better way of starting it see if I can get fuel coming out the top two ports.

Any advice welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
What pump is on it now? Were you cranking it over with wide open throttle?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like your cracking on mate well done, should update my thread really lol.

Why remove the plunger from under the stop solinoid tho? As iv had to change my solinoid for a working one and noticed my spare had the black plunger but the original in the pump didnt
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 02:38 PM)Tom Wrote: What pump is on it now? Were you cranking it over with wide open throttle?

11mm and yer with throttle wide open.

(26-02-2014, 02:42 PM)td_dan Wrote: Sounds like your cracking on mate well done, should update my thread really lol.

Why remove the plunger from under the stop solinoid tho? As iv had to change my solinoid for a working one and noticed my spare had the black plunger but the original in the pump didnt

Thanks it's getting there slowly, removed the plunger because I thought it was that was the reason it was not passing Fuel.

Thanks given by:
Oh right ok

Current cars
Thanks given by:
No i mean, is it the jenks pump?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 04:29 PM)Tom Wrote: No i mean, is it the jenks pump?

Yer pump Jenks built. Will get a battery charger tomorrow see if I can charge the battery up that come off the 205. Hopefully getting it turning over quicker will help as its propa struggling at the min.

Thanks given by:
Got a primer on there working?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 11:54 PM)Tom Wrote: Got a primer on there working?

Yer, it's pressuring the fuel going in the pump, because it's got no we're to go, anyway will try a better battery today hopefuly it's just cos it's not turning over quick enough

Thanks given by:
It lives! Wink video's coming soon!

Thanks given by:
We'll done mate amazing feeling when it roars into life
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2014, 10:55 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: We'll done mate amazing feeling when it roars into life

Defo mate needs pump fiddling with but nothing major will do a propa update soon with all details Smile

Thanks given by:
Big Grin nice one!

good to hear a positive result
Thanks given by:
Excellent Smile Smile

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Woooohoooo! Smile

All that hard work starting to pay off Smile Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
so propa update time

Went to the scrappy yesterday picked up a couple of injectors, got home had a bash at getting it going with help from ash_23 (thanks ash!) Had no joy as wasn't getting fuel out the pump, so i removed the stop solenoid plunger, wound the max fuel screw in as far as i could, and was holding the throttle open, eventually i got fuel coming out the bottom two ports. Gave up with it for that day.

Today found my old battery out of the shed from my old blue d turbo amazed to find it still has charge in it and turned the engine over fairly quick! Still put a jump pack and the jump leads off the 106 on to it to help it along, After a fair amount of turning stated to get fuel out off all four ports so put injector lines back on, and then looked at getting it started.

heres the videos i apologize for any swearing you may hear Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IeHHblNuTg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-rVuCPbgIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbsKL_LaDtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK57GbOHqRY

So there's the videos, the pump needs setting up right with the throttle arm and max fuel but im sure it wont take much, once thats set up can see what it idles like in see if it needs advancing maybe looks like it might do with the white smoke.

Any way plenty for me to be getting on with, that's it for now as skint from buying the other turbo.

Comments welcome Smile

Edit it wont let me put all the vids on Undecided

Thanks given by:
Just had a little play with pump got it running bit better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNBBbpwg...ata_player

But I'm not convinced about how much max fuel screw is in. Will let Jenks have a nosey at it sure it's probably something simple or I'm just imagining it lol

Only one Oil leak so far being the vacuum pump so will look at re sealing that, not bad tho so far Smile

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
wheres the rad lmao

Current cars
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2014, 05:43 PM)td_dan Wrote: wheres the rad lmao

In the boot Wink will be going on soon just wanted to make sure it started, rad is next thing to do Smile

Thanks given by:
Well done bud, turbo spooling away in the last video sounds immense! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2014, 06:17 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Well done bud, turbo spooling away in the last video sounds immense! Big Grin

Was idleing abit high in that last vid turned it down abit now but still spooling very quick Wink

Thanks given by:
Yeah I noticed but it does still sound epic Smile be good to see this thing lighting up the wheels soon lol
Thanks given by:
a big well done for getting it running! now its a case of setting things up now.
Thanks given by:
Jesus. How long had that engine been sat for? You're giving it some beans! Got more minerals than I have!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,092 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11 ginge191 466 262,543 29-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,128 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb