Ginge's Diablo '6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ginge's Diablo '6
(02-02-2014, 08:34 AM)Grant Wrote: Looks great dude. Car weekend at mine soon?

yeh boyyyyyy, i'll get the MOT sorted.

Just oredered brales, TRE and CV boot for N/S, once that's all on, i'll give it a PROPER drive! haven't been able to hit any real power yet! killing me!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Not too much to report on; few parcels arrived in the shape of a CV boot kit including hub nut, lovely, new brakes for the front end and some new TRE's were meant to arrive but been lost in the post.

Had a bash at the brakes today, everything seized up like a muddafuck; so sprayed all the bolts which will be removed soon enough. Spoke to Niall, he's adament the piston isn't completely seized as it does still work under braking, so will wait until i have a bigger bar to lever it back.

Started working, fairly clear outside, then got attacked by a hail storm, thought it would pass but nope, got shat on by ice balls! So packed up for the day no better off Doh

CV boot is still in the shit, tracking is still crap, brakes are still dangerous, but fingers crossed the engine pulls well still! Big Grin

amusing image anywho...

[Image: 1558514_10153763053290632_791379823_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just a thought, have you taken the reservoir cap off for the brake fluid to expand when pushing the piston back?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 12:02 PM)Grant Wrote: Just a thought, have you taken the reservoir cap off for the brake fluid to expand when pushing the piston back?

Never had to do that before...? Undecided
Thanks given by:
The fluid needs somewhere to rise to. As you are pushing the pistons back, you are moving the fluid back into the reservoir. If this is already full (don't know why anybody would, but worth a look), it will have nowhere to go, hence your pistons will not push back.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 12:09 PM)Grant Wrote: The fluid needs somewhere to rise to. As you are pushing the pistons back, you are moving the fluid back into the reservoir. If this is already full (don't know why anybody would, but worth a look), it will have nowhere to go, hence your pistons will not push back.

Gotcha; worth a crack i suppose, well given weather tomorrow, will see how i get on ThumbsUp Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice day today so gave the car a wash and went out with a mate to get some pics!

[Image: CmcoVFU.jpg]

[Image: fg2WKcS.jpg]

[Image: cbozm29.jpg]

[Image: zsbTtCU.jpg]

Then got back and set about getting rid of the morrettes for standard lights.
Excuse the temporary lack of hockey sticks.

[Image: kQQYPfg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good, love the 350! My mates turbo'd 490bhp one is good fun Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2014, 05:15 PM)Tom Wrote: Looks good, love the 350! My mates turbo'd 490bhp one is good fun Wink

He want's to sell it though; he knows it's fairly useless on the island, and crap in corners! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That noise though <3
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Boo why did you sell the morrettes?

Definitely black mask it now Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2014, 06:57 PM)7057sam Wrote: Boo why did you sell the morrettes?

Definitely black mask it now Smile

They're technically not sold; i just don't like them too much, i know some fap over them. But I want this car as OEM as possible. It's on 54k and too genuine to modify i feel Tongue possibly in the near future i'll try some extra bits!
Thanks given by:
New discs, pads and CV boot fitted.

Attempted to change TRE but as you can see in the image of the CV boot; the TR are being stubborn fucks! Even had heat on this, still nothing! Deciding what to do next..
Oh, and plugged in OBD reader for airbag light, it couldn't read a fault, so i fingered the plug under the drivers seat for a while and BOOM, i started the car and airbag light was off?! Not sure what/why that even happened. My conclusion; french.

[Image: 4rGyktH.jpg]

A rare sight here - photo taken by my passenger ThumbsUp

[Image: R38LeMK.jpg]

CSB - new brakes

[Image: cZH8YlZ.jpg]

Pretty handy work space also!
[Image: io8k6Jk.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good with out the morretes dude, glad I got rid of mine! I'll have a look in my garage at home as I think I have diablo hockey sticks in there
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 04:04 PM)sam Wrote: Looks good with out the morretes dude, glad I got rid of mine! I'll have a look in my garage at home as I think I have diablo hockey sticks in there

Cheers bud - yeh would be grand if you could find some! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Nice progress dude.

We can have a bash at the TRE's at mine at some point if you want? I have a vast array of BFO hammers lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Gota get that huge gap between tyre n arch reduced!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Bang a cable tie around the plugs under the seats to hold it together or cut them off and solder/crimp them

Car looks good. I have some crystals in the loft, can't remember if all the tabs are intact (they came off the 6 when i fitted my blue masks) but they are in good nick if your interested.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 07:28 PM)Grant Wrote: Nice progress dude.

We can have a bash at the TRE's at mine at some point if you want? I have a vast array of BFO hammers lol

Cheers mate; the garage couldn't get them moving; as the car started to budge over, they stopped

(18-02-2014, 07:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: Gota get that huge gap between tyre n arch reduced!!!

Working on it :p

(18-02-2014, 08:01 PM)Niall Wrote: Bang a cable tie around the plugs under the seats to hold it together or cut them off and solder/crimp them

Car looks good. I have some crystals in the loft, can't remember if all the tabs are intact (they came off the 6 when i fitted my blue masks) but they are in good nick if your interested.

Cheers mate! Will let you know Smile xx
Thanks given by:
Looks good man, tyres make a good difference?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 10:49 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Looks good man, tyres make a good difference?

Huge difference; had a fairly dry night and had a good ol' thrash; they're pretty good! Would definitely recommend
Thanks given by:
For the black plastics if they are faded get some stuff called plasticare, I got some after seeing it recommended on the 205 forum, it's a dye and my god really is great! It's not glossy or silicone that fades away it actually dyes the trim back to an original black plastic
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 12:05 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: For the black plastics if they are faded get some stuff called plasticare, I got some after seeing it recommended on the 205 forum, it's a dye and my god really is great! It's not glossy or silicone that fades away it actually dyes the trim back to an original black plastic

Awesome mate, cheers Smile
I'll get on eBay as weather gets a bit nicer and have a pop
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 12:05 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: For the black plastics if they are faded get some stuff called plasticare, I got some after seeing it recommended on the 205 forum, it's a dye and my god really is great! It's not glossy or silicone that fades away it actually dyes the trim back to an original black plastic

Good tip, will also investigate this!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Another 12 month ticket on board. Zero advisories.
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 09:51 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Another 12 month ticket on board. Zero advisories.

Sweet.

Got those TRE's sorted then?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 08:02 AM)ginge191 Wrote:

Awesome mate, cheers Smile
I'll get on eBay as weather gets a bit nicer and have a pop

smooth peanut butter Wink
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 09:54 PM)Grant Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 09:51 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Another 12 month ticket on board. Zero advisories.

Sweet.

Got those TRE's sorted then?

Nope; tracking is "ok", obviously, prolonging this will damage tyres, so will need new rods eventually
Thanks given by:
Nice to see it when straight though Smile

Still planning on keeping it?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 09:01 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 08:34 AM)Grant Wrote: Looks great dude. Car weekend at mine soon?

yeh boyyyyyy, i'll get the MOT sorted.

Just oredered brales, TRE and CV boot for N/S, once that's all on, i'll give it a PROPER drive! haven't been able to hit any real power yet! killing me!

(03-03-2014, 11:46 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nice to see it when straight though Smile

Still planning on keeping it?

Yeh , still open to a dturbo swap though; I do miss boost!

Have some koni shocks and springs on the way also. Should set up the front end nicely Smile
Thanks given by: